ADVERTISEMENT

The McAndrew Board OFFICIAL PSU-tOSU Gameday Thread!

I realistically didn't expect a win, but I did expect a team playing in their 11th game of the season to not make stupid mistakes at critical junctures.

The Benny Hill show with Menet and Levis at the end notwithstanding, I don't know how much more you could expect from Levis. Kid played hard but still too green.

Um, like Baltimore’s Trace McSorley? Here it is ... 11 wins, 9 wins, 9 wins ....

With Barkley, Barkley, and Sanders. And Godwin. TM punched above his weight class, but he'll probably never start an NFL game. Fields will start one before TM does.

Reactions: paws1957
RULE #1 - Take the other team’s best player out of the game.

SO

It’s like our staff didn’t even know Chase Young existed, let alone played football. He spent more time in our backfield than any of our running backs. PATHETIC, ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!

I realistically didn't expect a win, but I did expect a team playing in their 11th game of the season to not make stupid mistakes at critical junctures.
And, you truly feel that the mental mistakes by this team - illegal procedure 3-4 times, Shorter cutting off his route a yard and a half short of the sticks, OL standing around while the running play is still in progress - is on the coaches?
Seriously? You honestly think that?
Then let me concur with others here; you’re a dumbass.
OL

SO

It’s like our staff didn’t even know Chase Young existed, let alone played football. He spent more time in our backfield than any of our running backs. PATHETIC, ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!

I don't disagree - you have to do more than we did. Certainly keep an extra guy in to help out. That said, no one has stopped him this year but himself.

So well coached teams don’t make mistakes this time of year? That is your evaluation criteria?

You can twist it any way you want, but OSU was vastly superior to Penn State in terms of talent an no amount of coaching was going to change that today. Teams make more mistakes when playing better competition in harsher crowd environments. It’s a football fact.

The best we could hope for was that they would shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers to even make it a game.

This ain’t on the coaches.

Do you think the announcers ever bothered to do any prep on Penn State? Wade and Parsons are five star kids who are playing unbelievably. Have they spent any time talking about them outside of remarking when they make a play?
It’s why kids go to OSU - better at promoting.

My problem with Rahne is exactly what the commentators said....how in the hell do you not come out with a plan in place to get Hamler the ball.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
The kids competed and represented themselves well. Sure there were hiccups but they're kids. I honestly didnt think it would be that close. We all know Minnesota exposed the defenses weakness. When you try to compensate for that you give up yards in the run game. Hopefully they'll learn and be better prepared next time. Go STATE!

Reactions: PSU1143

SO

Fries barely got a hand on Young. It's not like Fries got run over. It's more like he wasn't even there.

SO

Same can be said for every opponent on OSU's schedule. Dude is nearly unblockable.

So well coached teams don’t make mistakes this time of year? That is your evaluation criteria?

You can twist it any way you want, but OSU was vastly superior to Penn State in terms of talent an no amount of coaching was going to change that today. Teams make more mistakes when playing better competition in harsher crowd environments. It’s a football fact.

The best we could hope for was that they would shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers to even make it a game.

This ain’t on the coaches.
Respectfully disagree. Mistakes happen in games because of poor attention to details during intra-week practice. It doesn't matter that PSU lost and that OSU was allegedly better on paper. What we observed today was a lack of adequate preparation coupled with untimely mistake-based execution.

It appears that the assistant coaches spend all of their time with the "A teams" during the week, thus when a player substitution is required, they seem wholly unprepared. That is bad coaching---head to assistant.

But some of you apparently want PSU to open their checkbook and give Franklin more $$$ in order to support incompetency. Beyond bizarre.

With Barkley, Barkley, and Sanders. And Godwin. TM punched above his weight class, but he'll probably never start an NFL game. Fields will start one before TM does.
Idk about Fields - tough to determine nfl transition. But McSorley was a top elite dual college quarterback and had Barkley and Godwin and that was Franklin’s record. You had asked. Franklin is Mark Richt at Georgia ... good annual 10 win teams for a decade but that’s all you’ll get from him. It’s why players who want more go to OSU.

And, you truly feel that the mental mistakes by this team - illegal procedure 3-4 times, Shorter cutting off his route a yard and a half short of the sticks, OL standing around while the running play is still in progress - is on the coaches?
Seriously? You honestly think that?

Yes. All of the above exemplify poor intra-week coaching.....not demanding perfection in practice illustrates itself during game day.

Idk about Fields - tough to determine nfl transition. But McSorley was a top elite dual college quarterback and had Barkley and Godwin and that was Franklin’s record. You had asked. Franklin is Mark Richt at Georgia ... good annual 10 win teams for a decade but that’s all you’ll get from him. It’s why players who want more go to OSU.

I love TM but he was a 3 star safety prospect for most schools. CJF believed in his talent and the kid is a total winner - he willed his way out there most of the time. His final year though, when dinged up and without Barkley, he was pretty average. My point is I'd love to see Franklin with someone like Hurts or Fields. Someone who can tuck the ball and really, really run with it.

As to your second point, I think Franklin has a higher ceiling than Richt, and the CFP is a different animal than the BCS.

Reactions: paws1957
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT