ADVERTISEMENT

The semifinals are always great theatre, but tonight... WOW!

ccdiver

Jan 29, 2008
Friday night is always loaded with fantastic wrestling matchups, but seems even more so this year. A lot of phenomenal pairings, including:

Spencer vs. Piccininni
Fix vs. Pletcher
Suriano vs. Micic
Nick vs. Joey
Jason vs. The Hodge
Valencia vs. Lewis
Bo vs. The Hodge
Weigel vs. Moore
Cassar vs. Steveson

Reactions: LionsandBear

“Ready to go right now”
I don’t know, fellas. I still like our boy, he’s been wrestling pretty good himself.

So I don’t know much about Phillipi. For those that do what are your projections against RBY tonight?

So I don’t know much about Phillipi. For those that do what are your projections against RBY tonight?
The problem with Phillippi is that he's such a leech on top, that RBY is very likely to take neutral in the 2nd/3rd -- so he's starting the match with a 1-0 deficit.

On feet, Phillippi is primarily a counter wrestler. He's very good defensively. And he can go Full Pletcher against better opponents (especially being so good on top). Takedowns are gonna be tough to come by.

It's a winnable match if RBY can bait Phllippi into taking a counterable shot. Which may not come even with the bait.

The problem with Phillippi is that he's such a leech on top, that RBY is very likely to take neutral in the 2nd/3rd -- so he's starting the match with a 1-0 deficit.

On feet, Phillippi is primarily a counter wrestler. He's very good defensively. And he can go Full Pletcher against better opponents (especially being so good on top). Takedowns are gonna be tough to come by.

It's a winnable match if RBY can bait Phllippi into taking a counterable shot. Which may not come even with the bait.

Is RBY going to use his left arm this round or is still going with the 'one arm behind my back' strategy?

Will they wrestle a round of consolations before going to the semifinals?
There are 6 mats going, so the 2 semis in the center, surrounded by 4th round consolations (R12). Then another round of consolations (5th round) will follow.

It's a shame he didn't win that way -- most importantly for RBY, but the "beat him with one arm tied behind his back" jokes would've been priceless.

This board has been such over the last 48 hours that I can’t tell anymore who’s being facetious

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT