ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight: #13 RU @ #4 OSU, 7pm, BTN TV, lineups &story:

Weird sequence in Gravina-Martin...4-1 MyMar after two. Ryan appears to be giving his guy some extra breaths as he challenges after the end of the period instead of after the break in action with 14 seconds left. Goodale not happy
It worked

I think they were picking the B1G champs, not NCAA.

Tim picking Sorenson over Zain was funny. He's never beaten Zain.

You may be right. I saw the pictures and I started typing.

#alternativefacts I guess. After the match Ill have to rewatch this and confirm. but your probably right

The referee tonight is very decisive but also often very, very wrong. Witness Gravina having the cradle locked at the edge of the mat and not getting 2. Also the VanBrill match was a joke.
Should have put his best out there Friday night.

#alternativefacts I guess. After the match Ill have to rewatch this and confirm. but your probably right
They split on 149. They agreed on the other weights, including Nolf and Nickal.

Gravina is a total enigma. He stayed with Dean for two periods at the Grapple at the Garden in November, but has looked like dogdoo against Nickal and Martin.

Moore gets the major at the buzzer but will review...match itself was all him. Really fun to watch. I think in some time Correnti will make his own noise as well

Major confirmed - superior effort

Spoke a little too soon as RG gave some effort in the third but not enough to prevent the tech after 6 mins. The one takedown in the second period was comical - just laid there. Really hard to tell but Gross has the athleticism that could get him some wins in the next month.

125 fft

125- Paetzell RU wins by Med Forfeit, Score now 19-18 w the final, the great NATO vs DelVecchio to decide the match.

Two things. One, I take back my takeback. If Gravina had won and tOSU had forfeited 125 as they just did, Rutgers could have won the match. Two, is it possible Kyle Snyder is the worst top wrestler in the history of NCAA champs?

Tanman is running out of time. Better get Bojo and Rodriguez back out there soon. T minus 27 days until B1G's.

Tomo is a freight train. Majors (15-5) and the dual is over 24-18 match score. Good showing for the Jersey dudes

They had Ashnault as the pick at 141, and Bo at 184, and Pfarr at 197. Every pick was a B1G wrestler. There's no way they picked a B1G wrestler to win the NCAA title at every weight. The Bo and Pfarr picks were against 2 time defending national champs. I think it was definitely the picks to win the B1G.

Not defending tOSU, because 500 in attendance is pathetic for this type of dual, but it is a Monday night. Between that and the bad taste in their mouths from PSU dual hype, not much reason to go is there? If the coach doesn't take them serious hard to get your fans to.

They had Ashnault as the pick at 141, and Bo at 184, and Pfarr at 197. Every pick was a B1G wrestler. There's no way they picked a B1G wrestler to win the NCAA title at every weight. The Bo and Pfarr picks were against 2 time defending national champs. I think it was definitely the picks to win the B1G.
You're correct. I replayed it.

That was great!
rutgers_wrestling.jpg

Big Ten picks.

And pretty cool story about Tom Ryan meeting Nevills in the hallway.

Not defending tOSU, because 500 in attendance is pathetic for this type of dual, but it is a Monday night. Between that and the bad taste in their mouths from PSU dual hype, not much reason to go is there? If the coach doesn't take them serious hard to get your fans to.

I'm pretty sure it was a rescheduled match, also. But, still - you have the right word, pathetic.

Reactions: liex26
Parents of kids that live right around the corner: Wanna go to the match tonight?
Kids: Is Penn State wrestling again?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT