ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight: #13 RU @ #4 OSU, 7pm, BTN TV, lineups &story:

On the other hand, I'm someone who would prefer to drive almost 4 hours each way to watch Penn State wrestle than drive 30 minutes each way to watch Rutgers. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: hlstone and royboy
That many there really?

Sure seemed quiet most of the time;)
How much noise can a bucknut make when it is apparent after 141 the outcome is decided and the night got worse from there.

I like bucknut fans when they are quiet.

Not defending tOSU, because 500 in attendance is pathetic for this type of dual, but it is a Monday night. Between that and the bad taste in their mouths from PSU dual hype, not much reason to go is there? If the coach doesn't take them serious hard to get your fans to.
We're all still a little pissed about the outcome of Sunday's game as well

I think they were picking the B1G champs, not NCAA.

Tim picking Sorenson over Zain was funny. He's never beaten Zain.
I believe Tim is an Iowa fan so that's not really surprising he'd say something like that. He sounded pretty disappointed the year Metcalf lost to Caldwell in the finals.

They had Ashnault as the pick at 141, and Bo at 184, and Pfarr at 197. Every pick was a B1G wrestler. There's no way they picked a B1G wrestler to win the NCAA title at every weight. The Bo and Pfarr picks were against 2 time defending national champs. I think it was definitely the picks to win the B1G.
They were doing B1G picks.

In fairness to Tim, Rutherford didn't show up on his list of wrestlers for the B1G tournament, so he was a little flustered when he made the pick. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowbell Man
I believe Tim is an Iowa fan so that's not really surprising he'd say something like that. He sounded pretty disappointed the year Metcalf lost to Caldwell in the finals.
I kind of think Tim is a tool too, but I don't think the prediction is as outlandish as people are making it out to be. If roles were reversed, some on here would be discussion how BS had "closed the gap"... and how many on here (including me) consistently picked DT over Dake even when the evidence seemed to point the other way?

That said, I am picking Zain by major next time over BS.

I kind of think Tim is a tool too, but I don't think the prediction is as outlandish as people are making it out to be. If roles were reversed, some on here would be discussion how BS had "closed the gap"... and how many on here (including me) consistently picked DT over Dake even when the evidence seemed to point the other way?

That said, I am picking Zain by major next time over BS.
Agreed

What did the Tanman say to Nevills in the hall?
Tim Johnson and Jim Gibbons were talking during the Ohio State vs Rutgers Dual about some comments Tom Ryan made to Nick in the hall after the PSU vs tOSU Dual. Don't remember the exact words that Tim & Jim observed being said, just that Ryan was very complimentary to Nick.

Whatever Ryan is, he knows a good wrestler when he sees one. It's also not terribly unusual for an opposing coach to exchange good words and encouragement to opposing team wrestlers after a match. Particularly good coaches.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
My wife overheard a pretty candid conversation between Dresser and Santoro after the recent Lehigh/VaTech match. I'm not going to relate it, but it was pretty funny - reflected their mutual frustrations and respect.

Tim Johnson and Jim Gibbons were talking during the Ohio State vs Rutgers Dual about some comments Tom Ryan made to Nick in the hall after the PSU vs tOSU Dual. Don't remember the exact words that Tim & Jim observed being said, just that Ryan was very complimentary to Nick.
Thanks Roar

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT