ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Kibe

Video here (not paywalled):
https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6390557

Ulrey committed to VT and is Flo's #2 at 170, so they both moved up. Ulrey looks like a D1 wrestler already. Kibe is a good recruit. Not flashy but appears to have solid fundamentals and scrambles well.

Here's his semi from the same tournament, less than a year ago:
https://www.flowrestling.org/video/...rey-kibe-mifflin-county-vs-luca-frinzi-becahi

Thanks for posting these! I’d been trying to find the Kibe-Ulrey match. I’ve been a fan of Ulrey especially after seeing him this summer in freestyle. His offense and pace are incredible. Seeing Kibe control him and the match was very impressive. He scrambled very well but my biggest takeaway is how good he is on top. Being a dominant top wrestler is such a huge advantage in folk style. That’s the reason I would love to have Crookham over VanNess as well. Both are great obviously but Crookhams top game pushes him slightly ahead for me. Seeing how Zain punished people on top really drove home how important it is. Not saying Kibe is going to be Zain but being that good on top as a sophomore is a wonderful sign. Now go get Richie Figs and Crookham!

Thanks for posting these! I’d been trying to find the Kibe-Ulrey match. I’ve been a fan of Ulrey especially after seeing him this summer in freestyle. His offense and pace are incredible. Seeing Kibe control him and the match was very impressive. He scrambled very well but my biggest takeaway is how good he is on top. Being a dominant top wrestler is such a huge advantage in folk style. That’s the reason I would love to have Crookham over VanNess as well. Both are great obviously but Crookhams top game pushes him slightly ahead for me. Seeing how Zain punished people on top really drove home how important it is. Not saying Kibe is going to be Zain but being that good on top as a sophomore is a wonderful sign. Now go get Richie Figs and Crookham!

Some discussion about Ulrey in the District 3 thread -- two items of particular note:
1. He's going at 160 for the PIAA tournaments
2. He lost in sectionals to Luke Nichter of Chambersburg 3-1; they're likely to meet again in D-3 and possibly PIAA states. 160 should be one of the best AAA weights.

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT