ADVERTISEMENT

University Nationals

If this is the result, the cure is worse than the disease.

CkHtONeVEAEhco6.jpg
Are the finals this evening or tomorrow ?

Where's Gissendanner from? Any relation to Greg who worked (and possibly wrestled) for ISU?

The Kid from Cornell that Jered beat 2-2 in criteria was no slouch - 4 time prep national finalist 2 time champ out of Blair.
If grey from Cornell, who you are speaking of, is related to (son of?) mike grey of nj (first nj h.s. To win 4 state titles) that is good genes.

If grey from Cornell, who you are speaking of, is related to (son of?) mike grey of nj (first nj h.s. To win 4 state titles) that is good genes.

Man, that's funny. How long ago is it that you think Mike Grey wrestled?

Also, the poster was talking about Chaz Tucker

It was Tucker who gave Cortez a tough match, and yes, he's no slouch. Mark Grey (Mike's younger brother) is on the bottom half of the bracket, and he's looking not too bad either.

Cornell may have some in-house battles at 133 next season.

Nico wins 8-2 in semis over Petry, gets Terao in the finals.

Tyler Graff over Cortez 5-2 in semis.

Some non-PSU results of note in the semis:

65kg M. Kolodzik over K. Jack, 10-0
70kg Sorensen over Kemerer, 4-1
74kg Marsteller over Gantt, 8-6, gets IMar in the finals
86kg Brooks over Renda, 14-4, gets McIntosh in the finals

Man, that's funny. How long ago is it that you think Mike Grey wrestled?

Also, the poster was talking about Chaz Tucker
good one Lemonpie! to me, it seems so long ago that Mike Grey wrestled. forgive me becasue i'm old and have been following wrestling 50 yrs (since 1966, when my brother was a h.s. freshman). it's hard to keep track of the different generations of wrestlers

Vais just said on the finals coverage that Graff is training out of rutgers w donny p

Was this confirmed by creedo?

Reactions: jtothemfp
LHU will rock with Chance and Haines. Great to see. PSU doesn't too to well with Pa 4x lately. Hmmm? Wonder why?

LHU will rock with Chance and Haines. Great to see. PSU doesn't too to well with Pa 4x lately. Hmmm? Wonder why?

Remember both Chance and Haines were committed to Psu at one point, both went other directions for different reasons that we've exhausted in discussion here

Somehow Cael and crew are doing alright despite some "struggles" on the recruiting trail.
Can't be a 4x champ without winning as a freshman. Speaking of PA freshman champs -- in SAT form:

Cael : recruiting struggles :: Zain : stalls on top.
or
Cael : recruiting struggles :: Nolf : JoJo will close the gap next time.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
I know he's pretty tiny, but I wonder if Heinselman is on Cael's radar at all.

Cortez with zero offense in his rematch with Tucker. Loses 2-1. He's gonna have some snoozers next year.

Reactions: dunkej01
Cortez loses 1-2. Gave up a passivity point and a push out.

Would have won by a large margin if they counted slaps at the knee and half points for head fakes.

J lee lost ed to Carr in 2nd match. Carr very skilled and heck of a natural athlete......good blood line.
I would LOVE to have Carr !!!! HE IS GOING TO BE GREAT !!!! HOPE CAEL IS PUTTING A FULL PRESS ON HIM !!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT