ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT 2022 World Cup Qualifying Thread

We will always be 2nd/3rd tier with a 2nd/3rd tier hack like Gregggg Berhalter as HC. That unimaginative hire was classic USSF

I wonder what our top players who play for actual world-class football minds think of him.

Reactions: GreggK
Very disappointing game last night against Canada. That game, on home soil, should have been a win for 3 points. Canada is not a good team and has not qualified for the World Cup since 1986.

Next game is Wednesday in Honduras, which is a difficult environment to play in. It puts more pressure on the team to get out of there with at least 1 point, maybe 3 points in order to stay in or close to the top 3.
I think that it's laughable that the "mighty" USA has to fear playing away games to countries that have more of their citizens living in the USA than in their own countries. Oh well. I guess the Gold Cup victory was just window dressing. Forza Azzurri, 2021 European Champions! Now that's an accomplishment.

I think that it's laughable that the "mighty" USA has to fear playing away games to countries that have more of their citizens living in the USA than in their own countries. Oh well. I guess the Gold Cup victory was just window dressing. Forza Azzurri, 2021 European Champions! Now that's an accomplishment.
Yet Italy missed the World Cup last time too and hasn’t exactly lit this qualifying round up either.

We will always be 2nd/3rd tier with a 2nd/3rd tier hack like Gregggg Berhalter as HC. That unimaginative hire was classic USSF

I wonder what our top players who play for actual world-class football minds think of him.
I’m flattering Berhalter by calling him 2nd/3rd tier

Reactions: GreggK
Rumor floating out there........with a very very big grain of salt, is that Weston Mckennie slept with the sister of a teammate. Covid violation indeed.

Reactions: Alphabets
Not ideal TV coverage either…just streaming on Paramount Plus…I’m going the Spanish Language route.
I have Paramount Plus, picked it up for $29.99 for a one year deal a few months back. Not bad, however I'm not sure if I'll renew at the full price when it's up.

Wow, if true.
Again, random Twitter feed, but when compared to the actual comments coming out from people in the know, it makes sense.

They won’t say how he violated rules but Landon Donovan says the damage is “almost beyond repair”. Strange…

Reactions: Alphabets
Again, random Twitter feed, but when compared to the actual comments coming out from people in the know, it makes sense.

They won’t say how he violated rules but Landon Donovan says the damage is “almost beyond repair”. Strange…
Seems obvious it involved a girl after-hours. Whether a teammate’s sister or not, that’s multiple violations this week, and his stupid decision along the same lines in Italy last season. I wouldn’t read too much into whatever Landon said, as those violations alone make a coach question how committed he is at this time.

USA under Berhalter might be as boring to watch as USA under Arena. FFS this is boring.

Choice 1: attack
Choice 2: pass back

they take 2 every single time with this idiot.

how is it that the USA national team is set up as such that an executive was able to hire his mediocre brother to be coach. It’s pathetic

Rumor floating out there........with a very very big grain of salt, is that Weston Mckennie slept with the sister of a teammate. Covid violation indeed.
Well, that’s better than John Harkes who slept with Eric Wynalda’s wife. Coach Sampson kept it in house but rightfully kicked Harkes off the team - and he took all the ignorant criticism from people who didn’t know better. Major reason for the 1998 implosion.

I had forgotten that Harkes was the team captain, too. Talk about unforgivable

Not even kidding, on the field right now, 7 of the USA players play defense for their clubs.

And they still conceded a goal

Goal, 2-1 USA.

Lets see if Honduras keeps diving all over the place rolling around like babies now that they need a goal.

btw, FIRE Berhalter now. If anything is proof you are panicking and made bad choices, it’s having to make 3 halftime subs. What a moron

Big win. Can somehow explain the format? I’m guessing that each team plays 14 matches (home and home). How many make the World Cup?
Top 3 are in, 4th place would have a play in game with another region I believe.

Reactions: LionJim
USA under Berhalter might be as boring to watch as USA under Arena. FFS this is boring.

Choice 1: attack
Choice 2: pass back

they take 2 every single time with this idiot.

how is it that the USA national team is set up as such that an executive was able to hire his mediocre brother to be coach. It’s pathetic
Great post.

I missed the match but see that Pulisic exited with an injury. How bad is it?

Pepe Le Pew

ce09d1fad361e1ff476bbb6222a3d917.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT