ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT 2022 World Cup Qualifying Thread

Welp, there ya go, Pepi>Zardes

I was surprised about the talk of Zardes scoring crucial goals. As a USA fan, I just think of him missing chances

Welp, there ya go, Pepi>Zardes

I was surprised about the talk of Zardes scoring crucial goals. As a USA fan, I just think of him missing chances
He gets a bad rap because of all the missed chances. However, he works his tail off and can be a good part of this team going forward.

Reactions: A2Nit
Musah is a force in the midfield. Physical and fast with ball skills.

And it’s great to see the name Weah in world football again. His father was unreal for the Rossoneri for a few years

Other results continue to set up nicely for us…Honduras-CR draw leaves them both on 3 points thru 4 games…and Mexico up on Canada early.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
Canada ended up drawing Mexico last night (and had plenty of chances to win it too)…we are now at the top of the table (who saw that coming at halftime in Honduras). Panama lost at El Salvador, and Costa Rica got dominated in their scoreless draw in Honduras. I’d be content with a draw in Panama and win at home over Costa Rica, but there is an opportunity over the next week to put some distance between us and 4th place.

Reactions: Alphabets
Question about Ricardo Pepi, how good of a prospect is this kid? He’s obviously looked great so far but I hadn’t really heard much noise about him like a Pulisic or Gio Reyna.

Question about Ricardo Pepi, how good of a prospect is this kid? He’s obviously looked great so far but I hadn’t really heard much noise about him like a Pulisic or Gio Reyna.
Pretty good…he’s still playing in MLS whereas those guys were already in Europe at this point. He played a bunch for our u17s, but didn’t really make “the jump” until the past year. My guess is he’s signed with a good club in Europe within the next 10 months.

Reactions: LionJim
If you have the NBC Sports App it's on there.

So far we're not valuing posession. Our team is too content to kick the ball away. Panama is more disciplined at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT