ADVERTISEMENT

Video from Penn State vs Purdue

Annieat285

Jan 9, 2016
I recorded, and published on Youtube, the matches from the dual vs Purdue. The playlist can be accessed from the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qej0rj5bftY&index=1&list=PLOwws1s1eL3EZorG43Qu59xqgg6DaLPfx

I missed the first 10 seconds of the Nico match, but hey, I'm still getting a hang of doing this whole thing. If the videos seem discolored that's probably because they are, but that's because of flux and I didn't think of turning the program off. If those who don't have BTN-Plus (and maybe those who do) appreciate this I'd be more than happy to do the same for the Indiana match on Sunday. I also have considered doing this for Big Ten's and recording as many Penn State matches as possible. Let me know what you guys think! Hopefully you'll enjoy it.

that was very cool and thanks for bringing that to the board. Im sure many people will thank you!

I immediately went and rewatched the Rasheed match. kid has come a long way since VaTech!

I recorded, and published on Youtube, the matches from the dual vs Purdue. The playlist can be accessed from the following link:

I missed the first 10 seconds of the Nico match, but hey, I'm still getting a hang of doing this whole thing. If the videos seem discolored that's probably because they are, but that's because of flux and I didn't think of turning the program off. If those who don't have BTN-Plus (and maybe those who do) appreciate this I'd be more than happy to do the same for the Indiana match on Sunday. I also have considered doing this for Big Ten's and recording as many Penn State matches as possible. Let me know what you guys think! Hopefully you'll enjoy it.

Definitely yes! Would love to see every PSU match on video.

I recorded, and published on Youtube, the matches from the dual vs Purdue. The playlist can be accessed from the following link:

Thank you for putting that together. Loved it

Thanks SO much for sharing!

Just watched the Zain match. DAMN. He absolutely annihilated that kid. Actually felt sorry for the Purdue kid. That looked unbelievably painful.

Thanks so much for posting. Had plans last night so Watched all matches while on treadmill this AM.

THANK YOU!! This is copyright material, right? If so, I wonder how long before BTN forces it to be taken down?

Yeah, if BTN is paying attention, that'll be nuked with a DMCA takedown before long, and possibly the account along with it. Those matches are still only available to subscribers on replay, but even if BTN broadcast it free, they'd still enjoy exclusive rights. But they're more likely to act to protect subscriber-only content.

Was dying to see the Rasheed match, and now my wish is granted. Thanks Annieat285, or is it dreammaker285?!?!

Yeah, if BTN is paying attention, that'll be nuked with a DMCA takedown before long, and possibly the account along with it. Those matches are still only available to subscribers on replay, but even if BTN broadcast it free, they'd still enjoy exclusive rights. But they're more likely to act to protect subscriber-only content.

Lots of B1G wrestling matches, that were on BTN or BTN2Go, are on You Tube.

Lots of B1G wrestling matches, that were on BTN or BTN2Go, are on You Tube.

That argument wouldn't get you very far with either Youtube or BTN. I mean, the above videos are definitely infringements, regardless of what BTN does in other instances, but I think BTN would be particularly sensitive to infringements closer to the event date itself, where the videos retain greater commercial value. Over time, videos of any sports event lose commercial value. I'm an attorney and I do a lot of IP work, and none of this is legal advice, but whether they're infringements isn't a close question.

That argument wouldn't get you very far with either Youtube or BTN. I mean, the above videos are definitely infringements, regardless of what BTN does in other instances, but I think BTN would be particularly sensitive to infringements closer to the event date itself, where the videos retain greater commercial value. Over time, videos of any sports event lose commercial value. I'm an attorney and I do a lot of IP work, and none of this is legal advice, but whether they're infringements isn't a close question.

I'm not contesting the B1G legal rights. I have seen PSU Blue Band videos pulled from You Tube. In particular, the one where they performed at a fashion show in NYC. I am just stating that there are plenty of BTN, BTN Plus, and BTN2Go videos on You Tube.

I'm uploading the videos from the Indiana match right now. It will take a few hours because my upload speed is pretty bad. For some reason there is no sound this time around, but it may have been more of a blessing than a curse given how awful the commentary was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT