ADVERTISEMENT

Vincenzo Joseph ( Penn State) toys with Kaleb Young (forget where he's going)

Wow, 21 guns and Amalone on the same thread, BWI at it's finest!
There you go again... MIKEY... getting pissed off because you didn't get top billing in a movie that is all about you, speaks directly to you. Now go ride your pony to Chance's house and ask him what went wrong?? Get back to us when you get there... in a few months. o_O

Reactions: lionlover
Yeah... those LOVELY Hawk fans wonder why there is such a lack of civility sometimes in our interactions.

These doosies:
1. Cael baled on Iowa. Cael screwed everyone associated to Iowa State, but he didn't screw his family or he's never screwed Penn State fans. That kind of logic gets real old real quick and as Chief has noted on HR.. makes Iowa fans look like unabated haters on a level unbeknownst to programs... uhhh.... not on the upswing... who were used to winning and winning big. Temper your expectations. If you can't score pts or a take down in a National final at three different weights, your 3 supposed best wrestlers, you'll be fighting for 5th on Saturday night.

2. Cael can't coach.

3. Penn State wrestling fans are a bunch of Johnny come later than them. So that makes you a wrestling newby in their advanced, stage of dementia.

4. Ed Ruth quit in his match with Amuchastegui... yet quit so much in his next match he beat Amuchastegui like he was standing still. Almost teched him in a National Final... 13-2 and rode him like a miniature pony to the tune of 3:39 seconds. When's the last time you remember someone getting teched in a National final. David Taylor possibly against Brandon Hatchett of Lehigh in the 2012 final. That final was as close as Nick Amuchastegui actually was to Ed Ruth.

5. Penn State will only get once in a generation wrestlers "once in a generation". David Taylor and Ed Ruth weren't exclusive talents. Zain Retherford, Jason Nolf and Bo Nickal are proving that and will have much to say about that in the coming years. Nick Suriano and Cenzo Joseph will have much to say about extending that legacy.

6. Penn State has a secret slush fund.

7. Willie is is recruiting for Penn State.

8. Cael brought in Andrew Long just to win a championship.

And Chief... this is why there is such a "sense of tension" between opposing fan bases. If you take the excellence of Cael and coaches and take such ridiculous pot shots at the program... we might truly respect more Iowa fans. I respect your wrestling acumen and your way of presenting it... but you're in the small minority, Big Guy. You're the only one. Until you built a viable team of 10, you're going to be the only one we respect. Tell WildDog... he didn't make the team.

Add your own. Until civility and saneness rule the day on HR.... You can all get a good Friday laugh. Cael will keep kicking your arse and making no apologies for doing so. I hope Iowa fans love the taste of crow. Year after year, after continuous year... Iowa fans are forced to eat it. Enjoy it.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/s...tling-world-hawkeyes-just-live-in-it-20160319

The best thing about this Iowa Gazette writer is... he's a realist and painted a real picture. He could have named this article Cael is YOUR DADDY... put went a little short of naming it that... but his article tells you with cold hard facts about Iowa's current state of underachievement. I loved reading... It's Penn State's wrestling WORLD... Iowa is merely living in it. I have a man crush on the dude now.

Read the article from the GAZETTE WRITER in Iowa... He said he was going to name it the Colonel Klink and Sgt Shultz article as he said... "Iowa fans see nothing... and hear NOTHING... outside of Iowa wrestling. It's as old... as many of it's babbling participants.... while Cael stockpiles his legacy ie. another example... Frank Molinaro... and moves past the HR pettiness into continues a Gable like assent to greatness.

Man, that article just never gets old

Every month or so Amalone burst's out with his latest Iowa hate thread. :mad: It's something he can not help or prevent. If he doesn't have these "releases" here his heart could give out or head explode. o_O And now that he has his sidekick 21guns stoking his fire he may not quit for awhile. :rolleyes:..

Jealousy, anger and hatred:eek::mad::(:confused::oops::mad: are horrible emotions for ones health. Emotional wellness enables one to have good relationships, deal with conflict and remain grounded during stressful times. Focus on Serenity:cool:, kindness:D, love;), admiration:).. etc. You will feel much better I promise!

Now I'm headed to the Mississippi to catch some big ass fish on my day off work! It's going to be Euphoric! Cheers! :)

Every month or so Amalone burst's out with his latest Iowa hate thread. :mad: It's something he can not help or prevent. If he doesn't have these "releases" here his heart could give out or head explode. o_O And now that he has his sidekick 21guns stoking his fire he may not quit for awhile. :rolleyes:..

Jealousy, anger and hatred:eek::mad::(:confused::oops::mad: are horrible emotions for ones health. Emotional wellness enables one to have good relationships, deal with conflict and remain grounded during stressful times. Focus on Serenity:cool:, kindness:D, love;), admiration:).. etc. You will feel much better I promise!

Now I'm headed to the Mississippi to catch some big ass fish on my day off work! It's going to be Euphoric! Cheers! :)

Carp hunting?

In my 31 years of being a Hawkeye wrestling fan I have been completely and utterly spoiled by the wrestlers Iowa has put on the mat. With the amount of National Titles, Championships, All Americans, Hodge Trophies ect. the Hawkeyes have had over my years.. Yes indeed 5 recent titles does seem like just a few.

PSU is on a great run and I respect that more than you believe I'm sure, but Iowa is not going anywhere. The Brands are fantastic coaches and have found a way to reel in Blue Chip talent from your own back yard. Embrace the Rivalry. Respect it. It's great for the sport!

Yea and back in the day the British Empire ruled the world for centuries. But in the last few decades our British friends have had a hard time accepting the fact that they're a second rate world power. It's really a bit sad.

Like Erik the Clown said, "You're living in the past man....,"

Reactions: pish69 and amalone

You need a break from this board big time!o_O

Reactions: amalone and 21Guns
I literally could have written this word for word growing up. My wrestling coach taught from the doctrine of Shorty Hickcock and Wade Schalles. I literally had a greater connection to these two wrestling "gods" than any one person other than my father. We used to go to the wrestling tournament every year in Philipsburg Osceola and when you'd arrive, you'd catch the tail end of a basketball game as you entered the gym.. and there was crickets... but the next day you'd have standing room only crowds with people waiting out the door for a high school wrestling tournament the next day. People fighting to get in line to get in the door. Dads with towels wrapped around their hands adored more guys than I can remember. It was pandemonium. The decibel levels were unheard of... for a wrestling event. Second only to the volumes at Rec Hall during a big Penn State bout.

My parents sending me to UAA Junior Olympic Tournaments at 8 so I could get to go on to Millersville and meet Shorty Hitchcock. Winning there and getting the right to go to Regionals in Delaware and after winning there, getting the right to go to Des Moines, Iowa for Nationals. It was ingrained in every young Pennsylvania kid who wanted to worship their idols... who were wrestling studs. To be like Joey Wildasin, to be like a Jack Cuvo, to be like a Ty Moore, Teague Moore, TJ Jaworsky, and a Cary Kolat. I could go on and on.

We would love going to wrestling tournaments in Maryland and Virginia. We'd clean house. We used to laugh at the Virginia kids who had their state medals pinned to their wrestling warm ups. We'd regularly pin and wipe the mats clean with Virginia State Champs. One father tried to intimidate my dad at a tournament and my dad said... my son wasn't a state champ, but would beating one today and I went out and pinned the kid in the 1st period in the semi finals of a tournament in Maryland. It was laughable. Half our team would make the finals and bring home championship trophies or medals that we all stuffed in drawers because the only thing that mattered... was a PA State title. Nothing was harder or more revered. The talent level in PA was off the charts. Every kid was nails and would wrestle you incredibly hard for 6 minutes. The disparity at other state tournaments was like Spartan warriors fighting girl scout troops. I think we used to analogize to that after we pinned our way through tournaments and one of our team mates was named OW.
Correction: Clearfield is not in District VI AND I think you meant Al Fisher not Al Fricke.

Didn't realize how cold it was going to be today. 45 and windy fishin on Old man River. But the sun is shining and the fish are biting! Life is good:D

WT--I thought you were taking a break from the board and going fishing. Now I see you're doing both at the same time. Multi-tasking! Better watch out when your wife finds out you can multi-task!

I stand corrected, thanks for posting the video. Ed seems to have been injured twice in the match. The first stoppage seemed to have nothing to do with his knee--more like a concussion or something like that. I had forgotten about that. I was thinking of his knee injury which ended the match; he was getting dominated before it was evident that he had the knee injury. You're right, he wasn't the same wrestler after that initial injury, whatever it was.

I'm pretty sure that it was Cael who called for the ID when they looked at Ed's knee. There was no sense continuing the match at that point and Cael wanted to save Ed for the consolation rounds. He obviously made the right choice too.

I'm pretty sure that it was Cael who called for the ID when they looked at Ed's knee. There was no sense continuing the match at that point and Cael wanted to save Ed for the consolation rounds. He obviously made the right choice too.
My recollection is that there wasn't much choice on Cael's part. As I understand it, Ed's knee locked up and they couldn't get it unlocked, so as Agent Smith would say, default was inevitable. Luckily, Ed recovered nicely for consolations. At least that is the story I tell my granddaughter at bedtime.

Correction: Clearfield is not in District VI AND I think you meant Al Fisher not Al Fricke.

Actually, I meant BOTH Al Fisher and Al Fricke, as I met both of them as a kid growing up. And I am quite familiar with Clearfield, and yes they are in district 9, but are a stones throw from the two schools I grew up in, that are both in district 6.

Amlone. Why would pa kids want to be like Tj Jaworsky??? I never wanted to be like a kid from Oklahoma who I didnt know existed until Moore pinned him at Dapper Dan.
I was wondering why he threw an Oklahoma kid in there as well.

What is the topic of this thread again?

The topic is Cenzo Joseph, who in my opinion, has a damn good chance of wrestling on Saturday night in St. Louis for Penn State. He is on top of his game, has improved ten fold in the room, the same room that EVERYONE improves ten fold in with the greatest staff in the sport. He is a rock in the neutral position, is a hammer on top, and is lightning fast. He has a fantastic throw series, is great under the spotlight, and has every intangible that you look for in a great wrestler. He will be going with the greatest wrestlers in the room, and has become an absolute physical specimen during his redshirt year.

There ya go.

The topic is Cenzo Joseph, who in my opinion, has a damn good chance of wrestling on Saturday night in St. Louis for Penn State. He is on top of his game, has improved ten fold in the room, the same room that EVERYONE improves ten fold in with the greatest staff in the sport. He is a rock in the neutral position, is a hammer on top, and is lightning fast. He has a fantastic throw series, is great under the spotlight, and has every intangible that you look for in a great wrestler. He will be going with the greatest wrestlers in the room, and has become an absolute physical specimen during his redshirt year.

There ya go.
Ditto.

There you go again... MIKEY... getting pissed off because you didn't get top billing in a movie that is all about you, speaks directly to you. Now go ride your pony to Chance's house and ask him what went wrong?? Get back to us when you get there... in a few months. o_O
Pissed off, further from that feeling, having the time of my life. Even you and your bed buddy 21 guns make me laugh. I love reading how everybody thinks over here, I remember well when Gulibon was ranked #1 at 141 and all the homies came out banging their chest saying "he's the man". CP was on serious drugs at that time, glad he had some rehab time watching Dean Heil. It wasn't easy for him to let go of the Gulibon addiction, about 2 months into the season (and millions of wrestling fans laughing at him) he was able to shake the "Gulibon". I feel next season if he goes down to 133, CP will have millions laughing at him again. Some people, when they're all drugged out, don't remember how bad it was. If you see CP early in the season, let him know how you went through the same thing last year, there's strength in numbers. Back to Cenzo, know way will he be in the top 3, if you believe that then enjoy your Gilibon ride all over again.

Pissed off, further from that feeling, having the time of my life. Even you and your bed buddy 21 guns make me laugh. I love reading how everybody thinks over here, I remember well when Gulibon was ranked #1 at 141 and all the homies came out banging their chest saying "he's the man". CP was on serious drugs at that time, glad he had some rehab time watching Dean Heil. It wasn't easy for him to let go of the Gulibon addiction, about 2 months into the season (and millions of wrestling fans laughing at him) he was able to shake the "Gulibon". I feel next season if he goes down to 133, CP will have millions laughing at him again. Some people, when they're all drugged out, don't remember how bad it was. If you see CP early in the season, let him know how you went through the same thing last year, there's strength in numbers. Back to Cenzo, know way will he be in the top 3, if you believe that then enjoy your Gilibon ride all over again.
I believe Joseph could finish top 3. I also thought JO JO could finish top 3.

Reactions: amalone
Wrong. I, for one, didn't buy the #1 rank for Jimmy.

All that said - I also didn't buy that Joe Smith was getting closer to Nolf and actually out wrestled him at the Scuffle as many Cowboy fans, including yourself, were saying. Guess I was 2 for 2 and you're 1 out of 2.

I believe Joseph could finish top 3. I also thought JO JO could finish top 3.
All of Esposito's time-wasting on that phantom challenge (that Tim Johnson said was our challenge) couldn't save the kid against Nolf.

Johnson laughably said that the OSU coaching staff was mad at Cael's challenge because they wanted the match to keep going. Uh, no. It was their bogus challenge and they were giving the kid a break because he was starting to get a little wobbly.

All of Esposito's time-wasting on that phantom challenge (that Tim Johnson said was our challenge) couldn't save the kid against Nolf.

Johnson laughably said that the OSU coaching staff was mad at Cael's challenge because they wanted the match to keep going. Uh, no. It was their bogus challenge and they were giving the kid a break because he was starting to get a little wobbly.
I was watching and thinking what a bunch of morons. Lol

A lot of people get the withdrawal shakes from watching Heil.

Wrong. I, for one, didn't buy the #1 rank for Jimmy.

All that said - I also didn't buy that Joe Smith was getting closer to Nolf and actually out wrestled him at the Scuffle as many Cowboy fans, including yourself, were saying. Guess I was 2 for 2 and you're 1 out of 2.
Didn't say JoJo out wrestled him at the Scuffle, I did feel at that time that JoJo would close the gap by Nationals. Jo got hurt during the end of the season which changed changes, plus Nolf finished strong which would change things at that time. Hope that makes some sense to you because that is how it played out. So I'm 2 for 2

Didn't say JoJo out wrestled him at the Scuffle, I did feel at that time that JoJo would close the gap by Nationals. Jo got hurt during the end of the season which changed changes, plus Nolf finished strong which would change things at that time. Hope that makes some sense to you because that is how it played out. So I'm 2 for 2
Only Jason Nolf was 2 for 2. ;)

I've gotten so much pleasure just watching Coach Smith sit in the corner dumbfounded as his kid has gotten taken apart repeatedly in several matches in Free and Folk vs Nolf and Cenzo. Poor John can't help his son vs the truly great ones.
You're a person of my heart... Jschrantz. You knew that already. Your words... taken right out of my mouth. You just happened to put them to print as I was simultaneously thinking them. :rolleyes:

The English language isn't your thing, is it Togs?

It doesn't make any sense because you don't know how to read or write.

Fricke did go to Clearfield and it was in district 9

And I wrestled against Clearfield and have relatives who live there. Again, it was NOT a claim that Clearfield was in district 6. I was speaking about district 6 and the AREA schools around it. Philipsburg Osceola and West Branch and Moshannon Valley are literally a rock throw from Clearfield and Curwensville, and the later two are in district 9.

Last edited:

Sure CP was off with that one, however most ranking services and fans had JG in the mid-to-low AA preseason (personally had him #5), so in hindsight just about everyone was wrong to one degree or another however CP ends up getting all the heat because he took a chance and put him at #1. Yes like most, I felt that was a bit overzealous, but keep in mind that was at a weight class that was extremely hard to rank going into the season and PSU had a good track record when their guys moved up. That being said, if you want to continue treating it as an epic fail, keep in mind that you personally make those kind of epic fail predictions about 100 times a season.

btw, thanks for the laugh on multiple levels…. "Back to Cenzo, know way will he be in the top 3, if you believe that then enjoy your Gilibon ride all over again." ….. Yea, that would be as crazy as ranking Taylor, Ruth, Mega, Nolf or Nickal top 3 their freshman year.

Last edited:
Sure CP was off with that one, however most ranking services (and fans) had Jimmy in the mid-to-low AA preseason (personally had him #5), so in hindsight just about everyone was wrong to one degree or another about JG. CP ends up getting all the heat because he took a chance, but keep in mind that was at a weight class that was extremely hard to rank going into the season. That being said, if you want to keep treating it as an epic fail, keep in mind that you personally make those kind of epic fail predictions about 100 times a season.

btw, thanks for the laugh "Back to Cenzo, know way will he be in the top 3, if you believe that then enjoy your Gilibon ride all over again."
To add to that. As long as people are making post hoc injury excuses, JG did have a lingering ankle problem all year.

Reactions: LHavenlion
This is why you are the laughingstock of college wrestling boards all across the country. A loss is a loss is a loss. It doesn't matter how it happened.
I agree with you 100%. The bottom line with results is who wins and who lost. That's all that matters. I said the same thing when Iowa fans blamed Mcdonoughs loss in the finals to Robles because of a perceived unfair advantage. Said the same thing when Iowa fans tried to blame an injury for all of his losses during his Senior year. He got beat, that's all that mattered.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT