ADVERTISEMENT

Willie making moves!

From an antitrust point of view (relatively speaking--wrestling media is still a pretty small pond), it's probably better for wrestling consumers if Flo, Track, Rokfin, and Intermat (and maybe even throw in Win) were all separate, financially healthy entities and competed against each other. But it sure did seem, just looking in from the outside, that Intermat and Track were unhealthy, so it's probably better that they both got absorbed and hopefully improved. Maybe a few years back when Alex Steen wrote for Intermat and there was consistently better writing overall, it might be a different story, but even then, Rokfin didn't exist. Anyway, good luck Willie, and congrats.

Reactions: smalls103
I'd have a bunch of suggestions for Willie, probably none of which fit his plans for the business.

#1 on my hit list would be: Intermat submitting a bid to broadcast PA states. My real preference would be for PA Power Wrestling to host it on Rokfin -- but that business model is probably a couple bridges too far for the PIAA gatekeepers.

Like I said, probably not a fit for his business plan.

#2 would be to poach the better talent from Flo. Some there fit the description of Intermat's scope.
What is the better talent? I know some guys know wrestling, but that doesn’t mean they are talented. Willie is the talent. I’m rooting for the anti-PE guys here.

Reactions: dsites52
I'd have a bunch of suggestions for Willie, probably none of which fit his plans for the business.

#1 on my hit list would be: Intermat submitting a bid to broadcast PA states. My real preference would be for PA Power Wrestling to host it on Rokfin -- but that business model is probably a couple bridges too far for the PIAA gatekeepers.

Like I said, probably not a fit for his business plan.

#2 would be to poach the better talent from Flo. Some there fit the description of Intermat's scope.

I have a suggestion. Fire Josh Lowe

I just want to inform you as an attorney you may have violated some privacy statutes here? Did you get permission in advance from El Jefe to record this usual aftermath of one of his dates?
Your an attorney. Get the f... Outta here

Your an attorney. Get the f... Outta here

Not only an Attorney but a CPA as well as a former Army Officer and Bergen Catholic grad! The Kid is a quadruple threat!

big_deal.jpg

Congrats Willie. This is very good for wrestling and wrestling fans. One question. Will you be hiring Jammens as a regular contributor for Minnesota/Nebraska content?
Jammen's primary function at Intermat is trolling Foley in the comments section. (Or at least was before Foley went behind the paywall.)

Which
1. suits Jammen's skill (singular)
2. Foley deserves
3. is better than the trolling here

Speaking of which, where has J Boy been? I haven't seen any posts from him for a while.

Willie going scorched-earth and shooting straight is such a breath of fresh air in sports media.

I know we wanna be “accepted” by the big corps... but we don’t have to bastardize our sport. We can normalize what’s ****ing awesome about wrestling and bring in fans to what we love because of the reasons we love it. This is a combat sport. Not everything needs to be squeaky clean and rehearsed robotic.

Same reason I love a lot of the IA Wrestle stuff. Straight shooting, but respectful. You can respect the athletes and coaches but question choices and decisions. These “newer” Media companies are taking the competition floor chatter and making it accessible to everyone, in an honest manner.

hope he ended up getting square with Uncle Sam.... wasn't there a few shows regarding him not filing his income taxes?

Willie going scorched-earth and shooting straight is such a breath of fresh air in sports media.

I know we wanna be “accepted” by the big corps... but we don’t have to bastardize our sport. We can normalize what’s ****ing awesome about wrestling and bring in fans to what we love because of the reasons we love it. This is a combat sport. Not everything needs to be squeaky clean and rehearsed robotic.

Same reason I love a lot of the IA Wrestle stuff. Straight shooting, but respectful. You can respect the athletes and coaches but question choices and decisions. These “newer” Media companies are taking the competition floor chatter and making it accessible to everyone, in an honest manner.

Just bumping this to endorse what Willie's done in a very short time at Intermat. I'd let my premium subscription lapse awhile back after the content went downhill, but seeing content from Alex Steen and Seth Petarra, and Earl, I re-upped and it's well worth it for $40/yr.

Today Richard Perry's wife Gina wrote an inspiring piece covering some of what she and her family has gone through since the injury. Petarra breaks down the 65kg Last Chance Qualifier competition here.

We need a list of posters across the intrawebs that have signed up for the site.

Then put lines up and bet in which posters will be...

- first to threaten cancellation
- first say they were cancelling but dont
- first to outright cancel

I think of several well known posters that will make the list

Also there are posters on tHR and the mat that hold hate for willie that umyou want to new content but wont because willie pissed them off a decade ago....

Reactions: tikk10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT