ADVERTISEMENT

World Cup live Thread

We got extra-curriculars going on, heading into the break. 1-0 Hadi. Varner has a gash on his head.

Hadi wins 3-1 over Varner. IRI wins 4-4 (23-19) and will face Russia.
USA wrestles for Bronze later.

If any of the tan guys don't think frank IS our best guy this summer they are either jealous or fools. Frank having a great spring and he is the MAN for the USA.

Cox can medal guy is beast mode and who would have thought that 2 guys in our college ranks would be wrestling for the usa for medals at this time last year......embrace the grind!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chickenman Testa
So if Snyder had the 10-0 Tech what would the score have been? I know it's a moot point just curious

I haven't read through this whole thread, so maybe this was already mentioned. Does anyone know why Dieringer was chosen as back-up as opposed to Howe? Also, does anyone know why Varner was chosen as back-up over Rey? Varner looked good against AZE, but boy did he look small against the Iranian!

why didnt we put Rey out vs the bigger heavy? seems like he would have a better chance of winning than Jake giving up 50lbs. Rey was only 10 pounds lighter and seemingly more experienced wrestling guys that were bigger than him

why didnt we put Rey out vs the bigger heavy? seems like he would have a better chance of winning than Jake giving up 50lbs. Rey was only 10 pounds lighter and seemingly more experienced wrestling guys that were bigger than him
Have you ever watched Rey wrestle? At least with Jake, you might see an offensive attempt. And that's not even "He's an NLWC guy"-bias. Rey might be the most boring wrestler in the US (senior level).

Have you ever watched Rey wrestle? At least with Jake, you might see an offensive attempt. And that's not even "He's an NLWC guy"-bias. Rey might be the most boring wrestler in the US (senior level).

Rey may not be most offensive but he wasn't going to be pushed around like Jake was. Jake's offense was completely shut down by size difference.

Varner would have scored a TD if the ankle he was trying to pick didn't support a 280 pound Neanderthal! He gave all he could giving up 47 pounds. I have no problem with his effort. Pretty decent sized gash in his head for most of the match aswell.

Doesn't get any easir against Georgia. Dennis goes from having to wrestle Rahimi and now the world champ. World Cup is no joke.

Varner would have scored a TD if the ankle he was trying to pick didn't support a 280 pound Neanderthal! He gave all he could giving up 47 pounds. I have no problem with his effort. Pretty decent sized gash in his head for most of the match aswell.

Doesn't get any easir against Georgia. Dennis goes from having to wrestle Rahimi and now the world champ. World Cup is no joke.

On the flip side even the international scene doesn't support duals.....smh

If any of the tan guys don't think frank IS our best guy this summer they are either jealous or fools. Frank having a great spring and he is the MAN for the USA.

Cox can medal guy is beast mode and who would have thought that 2 guys in our college ranks would be wrestling for the usa for medals at this time last year......embrace the grind!
I want to hear what CJ Mangrum and his glittering 67-39 record says

Reactions: CholleyVandine
sorta like being good at karaoke and then thinking you should be able to give Carrie Underwood tips on singing. CJ has no idea what the top of the international freestyle level looks like, and until he does, he has no better vantage point than you or me.
Him, Highlight Hump and Pucillo can choke on a bag of dicks

Reactions: LHavenlion
Georgia, who we wrestle for 3rd place, is ranked at every weight just like Iran, whereas we just have two ranked guys (Green #5, Snyder #2). Is there a bias against the USA? We split 4-4 against Iran, so either we are underrated or some of their guys were overrated. Anyone that tells me Cox isn't worthy of a solid ranking needs to watch more of his matches.

I'm sure Cox will be ranked after the world Cup, the only thing that's kept him from being ranked, in my opinion, is his lack of international exposure.

I'm sure Cox will be ranked after the world Cup, the only thing that's kept him from being ranked, in my opinion, is his lack of international exposure.
Lack of Cox exposure ... heh heh

BeavisandButthead.png

sorta like being good at karaoke and then thinking you should be able to give Carrie Underwood tips on singing. CJ has no idea what the top of the international freestyle level looks like, and until he does, he has no better vantage point than you or me.
Being good at karaoke means you're drunk and everyone else is drunker still ... source of many stupid opinions.

I haven't read through this whole thread, so maybe this was already mentioned. Does anyone know why Dieringer was chosen as back-up as opposed to Howe? Also, does anyone know why Varner was chosen as back-up over Rey? Varner looked good against AZE, but boy did he look small against the Iranian!

Rey is hurt. Not sure about Howe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT