ADVERTISEMENT

Wow - Rams Must Really Want Hack!

ILLINOISLION

May 29, 2001
WOW!

Rams give up #1, two #2s this year PLUS #1 and #3 picks next year for Titans #1 pick this year.

WOW!

WOW!

Rams give up #1, two #2s this year PLUS #1 and #3 picks next year for Titans #1 pick this year.

WOW!

WOW is right. Not sure I'd give up that much to draft Hack...yea I am sure, I wouldn't.
I like Hack and he has the potential to be good but I wouldn't give up all that on potential.
JMO and probably why I'm not a GM. ;)

Reactions: LionJim
Another shot at Hack from a member of our "fanbase". Not even hiding it anymore. Unreal.

Same fella expected him to produce ten wins last year...

yeah_sure_jon_hamm.gif

yeah_sure_jon_hamm.gif

Aaron Rogers wouldn't have won ten games here last year. Or 8. Hack will succeed or fail on his own, but a handful of these guys pointing out only his shortcomings and rooting for his failure is an absolute joke.

Aaron Rogers wouldn't have won ten games here last year. Or 8. Hack will succeed or fail on his own, but a handful of these guys pointing out only his shortcomings and rooting for his failure is an absolute joke.

Yeah, but why let facts get in the way of making fun of someone?

Reactions: AldenT
Word in CLE is that they want Wentz. Browns want Goff. But Rams didn't know if Browns really wanted Goff or Wentz. We'll see...a ton to give up.

WOW!

WOW!

Totally unnecessary shot at someone who came to PSU as its most important recruit at its lowest point in history and stuck with PSU through thick and thin. While he may have not turned in the career many expected from him, that is no reason to heckle him.

Guys...what's your feelings about this...I gotta say right now the Titans made out like, well, Titans. Seems like a ton of players to give up...it doesn't seem that those 2 qb's are that good. JMO

Guys...what's your feelings about this...I gotta say right now the Titans made out like, well, Titans. Seems like a ton of players to give up...it doesn't seem that those 2 qb's are that good. JMO

Nobody really knows and wont for several years. Seems like a PR move to me. But these blockbusters didn't work out for New Orleans (Ricky Williams) or Washington (RG3). Plus, neither QB, it would seem, is "can't miss". Word around here is that they want Wentz....but Goff is a CA boy but both are flawed.

Well...the Titans signed Antwon Blake...so at least they shored up their awful secondary problems from last year!!!

I think this is kinda good news for the Eagles, as you don't make this move unless you want to take a QB. Hopeful that they don't trade up for Goff now at #2. I think they have enough tied up in QB's for this year. And from the moves they have made so far, it signals to me, they think they can make the playoffs with their current QB situation, so they need players elsewhere. I think they take a Buck Eye.

Another shot at Hack from a member of our "fanbase". Not even hiding it anymore. Unreal.
ILLINOISLION is not one to take shots at our players. He is quick-witted and sometimes he may post something that passes over our collective heads. I could be wrong, but I think this was not a shot at Hack. I think it was a shot at those who take shots at Hack (it was tongue in cheek).

I think this is kinda good news for the Eagles, as you don't make this move unless you want to take a QB. Hopeful that they don't trade up for Goff now at #2. I think they have enough tied up in QB's for this year. And from the moves they have made so far, it signals to me, they think they can make the playoffs with their current QB situation, so they need players elsewhere. I think they take a Buck Eye.
Would like to see Hack do well in the Pro's. By all accounts seems like a fine young man. He stuck with the program when he could have left. Best case for him would be a team with an established QB. Green Bay and the Pats come to mind, not sure of backup QB's in either case. Hold the clip board, earn some money and learn from a winning tradition.

ILLINOISLION is not one to take shots at our players. He is quick-witted and sometimes he may post something that passes over our collective heads. I could be wrong, but I think this was not a shot at Hack. I think it was a shot at those who take shots at Hack (it was tongue in cheek).

Lack of TIC emoticon strikes again!

Yes I'm aware and he's a good poster. But this was absolutely a shot at Hack, no need for circular logic. Completely unnecessary on his part.

yeah_sure_jon_hamm.gif

Come on guys, lighten up. There's not one player in the NFL today that would be worth giving up those kind of draft picks for or one player in the draft worth those kind of draft picks. Look up S A R C A S M.

Yeah, I thought the TEAM would win 10 games last year and I was very upfront about it. I said it early and said it often. Let's see, gee, I guess I must have had SOME faith in Hack and that he was gonna have a good year.....or maybe I just wanted to embarrass myself with a 10-2 prediction.

And I've been very clear about my feelings re: Hack. He deserves every bit of credit for coming to PSU and every bit of credit for staying at PSU. He handled himself as a model student-athlete.

I think he was disrespectful after the Georgia game towards Franklin.....it may have been intentional, it might have been accidental, only he knows. He says he and Franklin talked the next day and are fine now, I take him at his word. The talk out of his meetings with various clubs.....people hear and interpret what's said different ways. Not any different than this Board.

I laugh at people that think he'll be a first rounder two weeks from today.....but I also laugh at those that say he won't get drafted. Personally I think he goes in round 3-4 and, in the right situation, maybe has a chance to play somewhere / sometime down the road. Whoever drafts him is going to get a fine young man.....the only question is whether he can succeed in the NFL.

Yea I didn't take it as a shot at Hack either I thought it was more a shot at the GM's and the team that would agree to it.

Reactions: Ski and fairgambit
Are you being serious? No way are running backs that valuable.

This has gotta be for a franchise QB, an important choice for identity in their new home in Los Angeles. Still, a really high price IMO.
I understand the doubt. I think your analysis of what the norm is is spot on. But, LA is not the norm.

Nobody really knows and wont for several years. Seems like a PR move to me. But these blockbusters didn't work out for New Orleans (Ricky Williams) or Washington (RG3). Plus, neither QB, it would seem, is "can't miss". Word around here is that they want Wentz....but Goff is a CA boy but both are flawed.
What about the "The Great Trade Robbery?"

LINK: Herschel Walker Trade

Word in CLE is that they want Wentz. Browns want Goff. But Rams didn't know if Browns really wanted Goff or Wentz. We'll see...a ton to give up.
Neither Wentz or Goff was going to fall to the Rams.

Still, a stupid move by the Rams.

Would like to see Hack do well in the Pro's. By all accounts seems like a fine young man. He stuck with the program when he could have left. Best case for him would be a team with an established QB. Green Bay and the Pats come to mind, not sure of backup QB's in either case. Hold the clip board, earn some money and learn from a winning tradition.
He did NOT "stand by" the program: He left early.

NOT EVERYONE leaves early. Players come back for their final year, every year, in every program, just like other players leave. Stop giving full credit for players who leave early.

Kids who stand by the program, play their full four years.

He did NOT "stand by" the program: He left early.

NOT EVERYONE leaves early. Players come back for their final year, every year, in every program, just like other players leave. Stop giving full credit for players who leave early.

Kids who stand by the program, play their full four years.

But, best for all parties concerned this time. Him coming back wouldn't have been best for the program in the long term.

Reactions: BBrown

Long ago, the Herschel Walker/Vikings blockbuster worked out well for the Cowboys.

But, best for all parties concerned this time. Him coming back wouldn't have been best for the program in the long term.
Correct. It was best that he left, and the offense will improve with McSorely as starter in the new system that is designed to work for his style. We'll see improvements right away.

Boys: The Rams are taking Goff. Book it. Wentz played his entire college career against inferior competition, and sat out virtually all of last season with injury. Goff threw more passes last season alone than Wentz threw in his entire college career. No way a team (even the hapless Browns) trades away that many picks to take a flyer (with the No. 1 overall pick) on a kid like Wentz. The risk is just too great. Goff is a FAR less risky pick. He has a three year track record against Power 5 competition. The Golden Bears sucked for much of that three year period, but Goff excelled..

WOW!

WOW!
Not a good trade at all.
2 reasons.
1) Nothing personal with Wentz or Goff but they are hardly blue chip players. If you put them in the catagory of best available player regardless of position they probably are in the bottom half of the first round if that.
2) How have these trades worked out surrendering multiple high picks? Herschel Walker, Ricky Williams, RG3?

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
Not a good trade at all.
2 reasons.
1) Nothing personal with Wentz or Goff but they are hardly blue chip players. If you put them in the catagory of best available player regardless of position they probably are in the bottom half of the first round if that.
2) How have these trades worked out surrendering multiple high picks? Herschel Walker, Ricky Williams, RG3?

I was stunned when I saw it, I think the Rams are absolutely nuts and I think the Titans should be saying thank you thank you thank you thank you.

Along with their own picks the Titans have an incredible opportunity to be THE most improved team in the league next year and again in 2017.

Reactions: Rollin Stone
Come on guys, lighten up. There's not one player in the NFL today that would be worth giving up those kind of draft picks for or one player in the draft worth those kind of draft picks. Look up S A R C A S M.

Yeah, I thought the TEAM would win 10 games last year and I was very upfront about it. I said it early and said it often. Let's see, gee, I guess I must have had SOME faith in Hack and that he was gonna have a good year.....or maybe I just wanted to embarrass myself with a 10-2 prediction.

And I've been very clear about my feelings re: Hack. He deserves every bit of credit for coming to PSU and every bit of credit for staying at PSU. He handled himself as a model student-athlete.

I think he was disrespectful after the Georgia game towards Franklin.....it may have been intentional, it might have been accidental, only he knows. He says he and Franklin talked the next day and are fine now, I take him at his word. The talk out of his meetings with various clubs.....people hear and interpret what's said different ways. Not any different than this Board.

I laugh at people that think he'll be a first rounder two weeks from today.....but I also laugh at those that say he won't get drafted. Personally I think he goes in round 3-4 and, in the right situation, maybe has a chance to play somewhere / sometime down the road. Whoever drafts him is going to get a fine young man.....the only question is whether he can succeed in the NFL.

Obviously your OP was sarcastic but that does not does not change the fact that your post is a dig against Hack. Such sarcastic posts where the object of the sarcasm is aimed at a PSU player who remained loyal to PSU in its darkest days belongs on a Pitt board, not a PSU board. Hack deserves better from PSU fans.

Boys: The Rams are taking Goff. Book it. Wentz played his entire college career against inferior competition, and sat out virtually all of last season with injury. Goff threw more passes last season alone than Wentz threw in his entire college career. No way a team (even the hapless Browns) trades away that many picks to take a flyer (with the No. 1 overall pick) on a kid like Wentz. The risk is just too great. Goff is a FAR less risky pick. He has a three year track record against Power 5 competition. The Golden Bears sucked for much of that three year period, but Goff excelled..

So do the Browns go Wentz?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT