ADVERTISEMENT

Saban testifies to Senate as how college sports are being destroyed

Wow! What balls! He talks about losing “competitive balance”. Like when he and a few cronies were paying players and always winning. Now that everyone is doing it, we’ve lost competitive balance. Unbelievable!
...and he is making $10m+ per year while the kids were making nothing. OK, a handful of AL kids made good money in the NFL but what about the patsies they played like Troy and Austin Peay?
Reactions: joeaubie21

Pitt declines invite to the NIT

All teams should decline the NIT. Didn't our women decline as well?
No...the Lady Lions got a #1 seed in the WBIT -- a brand-new event in 2024, which is owned by the NCAA just as they own the men's NIT. The WBIT serves as the number two tournament after the NCAA Tournament.

The WNIT is considered the smaller event now and isn't owned by the NCAA. It's like what that dumb CBI was for men's basketball.
Reactions: cyrizzle

Pitt declines invite to the NIT

In this case I don't blame Pitt for passing on the NIT. The NIT TOURNEY is rinky-dink. What does going to the NIT prove? Isn't it a battle to see who is Number 65?

Even when we went to the NIT, it meant nothing. Losers playing losers.
When teams didn't routinely decline the NIT, probably a third of the NCAA field weren't as good as most of the NIT teams, so I wouldn't call it losers playing losers. If teams like Pitt and Indiana had accepted the NIT bids, are you telling m that they're not better than a lot of teams that made the NCAA?

The Steelers just traded Pickett to the Eagles.

But now your team has two QB’s that are better than the other three, a new OC who should match up well and gobs…..gobs if caps space to get lots of other positions improved. Seems like the GM is a wizard.
I think you're overselling Wilson at 35 and Fields but no complaints about what we did. It's the 5th year option for Fields that's now tricky.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT