We are about to get SMACKED.

It is 1:45 P.M. PDT on Wednesday, January 4, and it has not commenced raining yet here in Lafayette, but the Bay Area, along with most of California, is about to get SMACKED by another of these "atmospheric river" storms. We had one just a week ago, and San Francisco got 5.46 inches of rain in the course of a single day (December 31). This storm looks to be even bigger. We may get rain for something like 9 of the next 10 days.

Don't get me wrong. We NEED the precip out here after three years of drought, so we'll take it. But I sure was hoping that we wouldn't be getting all of that precip at once. The ground is already saturated here, so there is likely to be considerable flooding, and some landslides.

And BTW, this storm will likely move on to YOUR area once it is done with California.

Well, it started raining here at 4:50 P.M. PDT (20 minutes ago), and it's raining hard. Wonder when it will stop.

The non-Californians in the crowd must be getting a laugh out of this. Seems like it's either feast or famine for Californians as far as rain is concerned.

You come here every day with your condescending attitude and continually mock people you feel are beneath you especially if they live in a locale that you consider substandard.

Now you want what? People to feel bad for you because you might float away? Get the hell out of here

More to ignore, Book 117....

UPDATE: Friday, Jan 6, 2023 · 3:23:51 PM EST · Joan McCarter
Steve Scalise (R-SC) moves for adjournment until 10:00 PM. Dems rise in opposition with a sustained no. Chair gives it to the Dems and a recorded vote happens.
UPDATE: Friday, Jan 6, 2023 · 3:30:10 PM EST · Joan McCarter
Votes are racking up fast. They aren’t used to having to hang around with each other all the time, since they’ve been proxy voting since early in the pandemic. Democrats are sticking together to force the House to stay in, but they aren’t going to prevail.

UPDATE: Friday, Jan 6, 2023 · 3:33:43 PM EST · Joan McCarter
This is a simple majority vote, btw. Because there aren’t rules to make it otherwise.

Wisonsin is next: Most intriguing matchup...

49 and 65 are both good matches to see where the young kids are at. I’m especially looking forward to 165. Facundo has excellent defense and good length but he’s coming up against on of the more diversified offensive 165ers in the field. I see Hamiti winning a 8-3 type match.

149- can SVN’s natural athletic ability keep him away from AG’s explosive power. If so I see a low scoring 4-2 type match. If SVN gets caught he could easily be looking at close to a major decision loss factoring in back points.

I’ll be paying close attention to both of those.

Spencer Lee: Great Wrestler but question his character

I like to comment when I see some, call them, falsehoods being said about Iowa wrestling.
I don't blame you one bit. You should be treated respectfully when you do.

Hopefully you would agree that Penn State fans correcting false statements about illegal payments, PED use, and other malfeasance by Penn State should be treated as warmly on HR.

giphy.gif

Joy Reid wants to get rid of football

That would also mean that boxing, race car driving and any other endeavor that resulted in the loss of life over the last 50 years, needs to be thrown out as well. Didn't the inventor of "jogging", Jim Fixx, dies while jogging?

Can't take leisurely walks in the woods anymore either. Euell Gibbons died after he chocked on pine tree bark while walking in the woods

Spencer Lee: Great Wrestler but question his character

I do enjoy making fun of HR. I am not sure why you chose my post to stand tall on. For the most part I have sat this one out.
As far as whether or not TnT had a conversation with mom and dad Ayala, I am sure there was. I doubt it was that night. I would also guess it was done with some Brands diplomacy. If Brands was dumb enough to "tell" the Ayala parents what was "right" and "wrong" then stick it your ear would be the proper parental response.
As far as threads that spend more time poking fun at Iowa and HR as opposed to discussing actual wrestling, you seem to enjoy participating in those threads.
It was just the last post that I saw. No great significance.

The conversation did happen that night and of course it was professional. Drake left to go to Carver for a workout shortly after he got pinned by Lee. When he heard about what his mom said he was not happy at all. Conversations were had and all was resolved.

I like to comment when I see some, call them, falsehoods being said about Iowa wrestling. Whether I like it or not this board is popular and fans from many schools read it. I don’t fully understand the bad rap that Iowa has. So when I see it, I will occasionally comment, especially when it’s gone beyond the pale. Which imo, this thread has. I think that’s fair.

Edit to add: I do completely understand the bad rap some of the Hr posters have here, but again imo this sense of vitriol to often spills over onto the Hawkeye athletes and our coaches.

I will add that when you guys are talking wrestling it’s a good form to read. There are knowledgeable fans here, but far more that seem to make a living shitting on Iowa and razzing the Hawkeye posters when they do eventually say something.

White House Press Sec. KJP's partner leaving CNN

Suzanne Malveaux, after a several decade stay, is leaving.

“After 20 years of delivering groundbreaking stories for the audiences of CNN, I’ve made the heartfelt decision to put myself and my family first and to pursue my long-desired professional passions: using storytelling to promote wellness, resiliency and social justice,” Malveaux wrote to colleagues, according to Deadline.

Karine-Jean-Pierre-and-partner-Suzanne-Malveaux.jpg

Football Former PSU letterman Calvin Lowry joining staff as analyst

I met the General Council of the Celtics several years ago. He was from a well-to-do family and got his law degree and passed the bar. He worked for the Celtics for two years for free in order to get a paid gig. At the time I spoke with him, at the time in his mid-30s, he was making several million per year.

Did you think Gwyneth Paltrow was so talented she worked her way up from nothing on hard work and dedication? (just as an example)

I don't know his situation but it is fairly common to take unpaid gigs to get a higher salary. I am guessing he wants to be that B1G head coach making $6m plus someday. He got connections from his playing days. Good on him!

Ken Whisenhunt, former NFL coach is an analyst. These gigs are paid.

More to ignore, Book 117....

Live coverage: Vote 14 for Kevin. Does he have anything left to hand over to the maniacs?

Joan McCarter

Kevin McCarthy has agreed to blow up the global economy in order to become Speaker of the House. That or force Social Security and Medicare cuts. That’s what the maniacs demanded—no clean debt ceiling hike—and that’s what he agreed to. There are still six holdouts—what’s he going to have to give them to get to the magic 218 votes? He’s at 214 after round 13. We’re on to 14.

Football Former PSU letterman Calvin Lowry joining staff as analyst

I met the General Council of the Celtics several years ago. He was from a well-to-do family and got his law degree and passed the bar. He worked for the Celtics for two years for free in order to get a paid gig. At the time I spoke with him, at the time in his mid-30s, he was making several million per year.

Did you think Gwyneth Paltrow was so talented she worked her way up from nothing on hard work and dedication? (just as an example)

I don't know his situation but it is fairly common to take unpaid gigs to get a higher salary. I am guessing he wants to be that B1G head coach making $6m plus someday. He got connections from his playing days. Good on him!

Filter