ADVERTISEMENT

“Michigan’s finest hour” is a TD loss on the road!!!

To me, it looked like Wade knocked that ball loose. Either way, we are. If our offense rounded a corner last week by controlling the ball, they retreated back to a totally ineffective scheme until the last series. It is plain that, the OL has more faith and positive attitude when Cain carries the ball and that Wade whiffs on blocks.

Certainly we're all happy about the 'W', but that type of effort will not beat OSU and will spell trouble against MSU and Minny who are both physical teams that will try to wear us down like Michigan did.
The offensive effort in the 2nd half with zero visible adjusts hung the defense on a thin thread.

Good point, Rick, but I'm not sure MSU has the 'tools in the toolbox' and I'm 99% sure Minny does not.

Our offense has been very hot and cold all season. It's just a present reality.

The defense is tough, but we have holes.

Most predicted 3-5 losses this year. It's gotta be an excellent coaching job to get us to here, 7-0, right?

Speak for yourself with the preseason 3-5 losses prediction

I have a good friend who is British. I love telling him that the greatest British Military Victory in the 20th Century was the retreat at Dunkirk. He now refers to his favorite teams (especially the Steelers, this year) as "imbued with the Spirit of Dunkirk."

I think that the phrase captures UM under Harbaugh .

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I missed this, what did he say?

Harbaugh made his idiotic reference to Churchill’s speech about “England’s finest hour” and Fowler said something about “the only thing to fear is fear itself” which is a quote from an FDR speech. Only history nerds (guilty) probably noticed or cared.

Harbaugh made his idiotic reference to Churchill’s speech about “England’s finest hour” and Fowler said something about “the only thing to fear is fear itself” which is a quote from an FDR speech. Only history nerds (guilty) probably noticed or cared.
I’m familiar with both quotes, but didn’t hear Fowler mention fear itself. I don’t see it as a mistake though, both are quotes from allied leaders during WWII.

I’m familiar with both quotes, but didn’t hear Fowler mention fear itself. I don’t see it as a mistake though, both are quotes from allied leaders during WWII.

For the sake of accuracy, FDR's quote was made during his first inaugural address in 1933 and was in reference to the economic crisis.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
the bigger issue is that Fowler missed a chance to make himself a legend by pointing out that we didn't give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT