ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread

Their mascot is a bird. It's a tweet. I understand you intend to show your age, but a man of your age knows the difference
Which came first? Tweet then the bird mascot is my guess. Why isn't it called Tweeter? It doesn't matter. People don't tweet. Birds tweet. :)

Terrible reputation! The worst!

pennstategirls1.jpg

Penn+State+girls.jpg

penn-state-chick-funneling.jpg.jpg

5221835_this-hot-penn-state-girl-is-hot-look-how_657389cf_m.png

635808795317504306-1659827702_Screen%20Shot%202015-10-19%20at%203.25.14%20PM.png

Kappa-Delta-PSU01.jpg

The picture of the blonde doing the beer bong is ripe for an adult oriented photoshop.

Penn State's Joe Paterno, on Twitter: "You guys have to talk about something. The fans have got to put something on those, what do you guys call those things, Twittle-do? Twittle-dee? I haven't got the slightest idea what you're looking at."
I'm in good company.:)

CBs are trending in our favor for Castro-Fields, fwiw. That and another $4.50 will get you a Triple, Venti, Half Sweet, Non-Fat, Caramel Macchiato at Starbucks.

CBs are trending in our favor for Castro-Fields, fwiw. That and another $4.50 will get you a Triple, Venti, Half Sweet, Non-Fat, Caramel Macchiato at Starbucks.

The two meaningful ones are Wilfong and Fitz so I take that as a good sign. This would be quite a DB group he is bringing in already, but adding TCF may make it the best haul I have seen in terms of DB's in a very long time.

The two meaningful ones are Wilfong and Fitz so I take that as a good sign. This would be quite a DB group he is bringing in already, but adding TCF may make it the best haul I have seen in terms of DB's in a very long time.
Silly good, and for a second I was worried about Reid leaving next year...

Willfong heard from two sources then put in his CB. TCF has offers from Bama, MSU, Pitt, Neb, VT, Wisc etc. 5* Wade, 4* Donovan Johnson, 4* TCF. Unreal CB class if we land them all on signing day.

Unfortunately, nearly all of the crystal balls have Hippenhammer jumping ship. At least the big two haven't made that change yet.

Hip needs to shit or get off the pot, so we can all move on.
You or I can "move on" whenever we choose.....
As for CJF and the PSU staff, I'm quite certain they already have. They ain't STOOPID

They've shown time and again, since coming to PSU, that they are abundantly prepared for every reasonable contingency - - - - "Hippenhammer" was an easy one, and they have clearly had their contingency plan ready...and, for some time now, activated

I give the staff all the credit in the world for having backups in place. I just think that the kid owes us as much time as he can give us to make sure our contingency plans are adequate.

Either he is interested in ND, or he isn't. This isn't some kind of novel offer here. He's had to know all along how he'd react to an ND offer. I suspect all he is trying to figure out is how to extricate himself and not lose face, and that is not possible. Just do it, kid.

I give the staff all the credit in the world for having backups in place. I just think that the kid owes us as much time as he can give us to make sure our contingency plans are adequate.

Either he is interested in ND, or he isn't. This isn't some kind of novel offer here. He's had to know all along how he'd react to an ND offer. I suspect all he is trying to figure out is how to extricate himself and not lose face, and that is not possible. Just do it, kid.
Maybe at one point he knew. Then all of a sudden, PSU became a top 10 Rose Bowl team with a gunslinger of a QB and a dangerous passing game. No longer such an easy decision.

That is one CB/S prospect with a great frame. Looks every bit of 6'1", and maybe taller. Bigger frame, longer inseam than CJF. Great looking athlete. Would/Will look great in Blue & White....

Looks that tall in stocking feet, no less!

;)

Last edited:
Reactions: GregInPitt
Birds tweet. A person using twitter twits a twit. I won't budge on this.:)

Merriam-Webster thinks otherwise...

tweet
\ˈtwēt\
noun
  • : a short, high sound
  • : a brief message that someone writes on the Internet using a service called Twitter
Full Definition
  • 1 : a chirping note
  • 2 : a post made on the Twitter online message service

Origin: imitative.
First use: 1768

2tweet
intransitive verb
  • : to make a short, high sound
  • : to write a brief message (called a tweet) on the Internet using a service called Twitter
Full Definition
  • 1 : to make a chirping sound<birds tweeting in the trees>
  • 2 : to post a message to the Twitter online message service
First use: 1851

Reactions: bmw199
We have 4* Webb and possibly 5* WR Henry Ruggs coming in for official visits 1/27. We have an overall Top 100 WR Shorter already in the 2018 class. The current depth chart is still littered with young 4 star wide receivers.

I just don't understand the anger and the angst. Relax. Franklin and staff are all over this shit. We lose someone, JF will replace them with someone better. Now or next year.

Why is it important to you that he make a public decommitment? He's kept his recruiting process very low key and that's a good thing. He and CJF know exactly what is going on and him being low key in public is a benefit if he has indeed told CJF he's headed to his "hometown" school.

I don't see it your way either. Hippidy Hopper should either Hip or Hop. Growing up out there he's had 17 years to think about ND so most likely it didn't take the kid (and his parents) long to make up his mind once offered by ND. He should either Hip and reconfirm his pledge to PSU or announce his Hop to ND.

You don't know that he has given CJF any word at all.

Last edited:
We have 4* Webb and possibly 5* WR Henry Ruggs coming in for official visits 1/27. We have an overall Top 100 WR Shorter already in the 2018 class. The current depth chart is still littered with young 4 star wide receivers.

I just don't understand the anger and the angst. Relax. Franklin and staff are all over this shit. We lose someone, JF will replace them with someone better. Now or next year.
The anger is based on ignorance. Don't forget Polk shirted this year too.

Time to start paying attention to 4* DL Josh Paschal (offers from psu, bama, clemson, nd, osu, tn, etc). Official visit to psu this weekend and Kentucky just lost their DC.

COME TO PENN SCHTATE!

I don't see it your way either. Hippidy Hopper should either Hip or Hop. Growing up out there he's had 17 years to think about ND so it most likely it didn't take the kid and his parents long to make up his mind once offered by ND. He should either Hip and reconfirm his pledge to PSU or announce his Hop to ND.

You don't know that he has give CJF any word at all.

You're right. We don't know if CJF knows either way. I see yours and @lionlurker point of view on this. I'm just not a fan of these flips being played out so publicly. There's no upside to PSU.

Reactions: GregInPitt
What do we know about WR Henry Ruggs?

Mentioned in another thread, but hadn't heard indication of PSU being involved previously. He's uncommitted; has he been leaning to one particular school?

**I see a mention from Smails above. PSU have a shot here?

Mentioned in another thread, but hadn't heard indication of PSU being involved previously. He's uncommitted; has he been leaning to one particular school?

Visited PSU in July (kind of unexpected). Thought to be down to Alabama and FSU. Maybe they are full?

Reactions: royboy

Hot off the press royboy... 8:43 PM Tonight!
Your question timing was spot on!
;)

3530174.png

4_5036029.jpg

Henry Ruggs III
Montgomery, AL (Robert E. Lee)

Wide Receiver
4-Star ****
  • Ht 6-0
  • Wt 175
  • 40 4.45
  • CLASS OF 17
247Sports Composite
Natl Comp125
Pos WR 17

Last edited:
A little OT - Sean Fitz CBed former PSU player Kamonte Carter to Pitt today.

Last edited:
Time to start paying attention to 4* DL Josh Paschal (offers from psu, bama, clemson, nd, osu, tn, etc). Official visit to psu this weekend and Kentucky just lost their DC.

COME TO PENN SCHTATE!

His brother still have a job there?

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT