ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread

I have always thought that Thorpe was ours, primarily because of his dad. If he flips, as Pryts did last year, then our hold on our legacies is not as secure as it needs to be. Legacies are a big deal.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I have always thought that Thorpe was ours, primarily because of his dad. If he flips, as Pryts did last year, then our hold on our legacies is not as secure as it needs to be. Legacies are a big deal.

I did check out Michigan's OL recruits. Only 2 are 4-stars; the rest 3 stars.

Imagine how those 3-star kids are feeling to be recruited OVER like that?

Harbaugh = All class!!

Would make absolutely no sense whatsoever for a legacy recruit to flip this late when he couldn't be replaced to one of our most hated division rivals especially when Michigan is dropping like rock losing 3 of their last 4 and clearly looking at taking a step back in 2017 while Penn State won the B1G, played one of the most exciting bowl games of the year, and is being touted as a MNC contender for 2017. It would just go against all logic.

While it may be tough for Michigan to flip Thorpe’s commitment to the Wolverines, he is definitely listening.

“I am considering all of my options,” Thorpe told Land of 10.

Here are the details of Thorpe and Michigan’s contact in the upcoming weeks.

In-home visit: Thorpe will receive a visit from offensive coordinator Tim Drevno and defensive backs coach Mike Zordich on Monday night.

Official visit: Thorpe will visit Michigan on Saturday, possibly arriving Friday.

This is preliminary so we’re unsure how serious things could get, but two visits in one week can sure flip a candidate.

Most of all, we know Michigan has a huge void at offensive guard in this class.

https://www.landof10.com/michigan/jim-harbaugh-aubrey-solomon-cj-thorpe-wolverines-visit

So as always, there will be plenty of room for our recruiting class. Looking forward to the annual McAndrew board 'do we have room????' meltdown next January

Reactions: bjf1991
Well if he flips this late he truly is a Michigan man
If I'm the HC I've already pulled his ship and offered it to another...and I wouldn't, under any circumstances, welcome him back. You've all seen me type this response about recruits before and I'll type it again. This guy would have his ship pulled publicly, so that everyone would know he no longer has an offer. I'd do this to every single recruit that took a visit after committing. I can't remember, although there must be some, a recruit that stuck after starting this BS at this late hour in the process.

The message on the front end should be clear...if you commit and later take a visit you're out and you are not getting re-offered...so don't commit unless you plan to stick OR don't visit as that will be the equivalent to a decommitment.

Last edited:
If I'm the HC I've already pulled his ship and offered it to another...and I wouldn't, under any circumstances, welcome him back. You've all seen me type this response about recruits before and I'll type it again. This guy would have his ship pulled publicly, so that everyone would know he no longer has an offer. I'd do this to every single recruit that took a visit after committing. I can't remember, although there must be some, a recruit that stuck after starting this BS at this late hour in the process.

The message on the front end should be clear...if you commit and later take a visit you're out and you are not getting re-offered...so don't commit unless you plan to stick OR don't visit as that will be the equivalent to a decommitment.

So I assume you're upset when we host recruits who are committed, like Mark Webb and you would refuse to accept his verbal?

Reactions: Pocono Lion
This is the game, in 2017. If we only lose Hippenhammer, we have actually won this thing by a good margin: Everyone loses 2 or 3 at this time of year. These youngsters are Millenials, this is their world, and this is their game.

Suck it up, dust it off, and let's get out there and get two more great recruits to make up for it, and if we can't flip anyone or get any more 4 stars, then let's go get that overlooked, kid that falls in the cracks. That's our job, let's get it done.

Yep, I hate Notre Dame, but THINK about it, THIS is what they are now reduced to...picking at PSU bones in late January, on their way to another 7 plus loss season.

I am not ready to give up on Proctor either. We are fine at wide receiver for now, we NEED another linebacker. If not Proctor, then Juco.

So I assume you're upset when we host recruits who are committed, like Mark Webb and you would refuse to accept his verbal?
Well, that depends. However, if I'm the Georgia coach I've already told him he's not welcome, and under no circumstances would I have him back. Now, from a Penn State perspective I need to know more, like why did he commit earlier and why does he now feel differently? The answers to my questions about the situation would determine if I would extend an offer. I'd be alert for character flaws. Not all decommits have character flaws but I'd be very careful.

We are in a position that we don't need to put up with this BS any longer. Thorpe, Hipp, Parsons...gone. Next man up.

It seems to me that the "family" atmosphere is why our team clicks and this BS is not "family". They don't and won't fit. Better to divorce early before you're pregnant then after...

While it may be tough for Michigan to flip Thorpe’s commitment to the Wolverines, he is definitely listening.

“I am considering all of my options,” Thorpe told Land of 10.

Here are the details of Thorpe and Michigan’s contact in the upcoming weeks.

In-home visit: Thorpe will receive a visit from offensive coordinator Tim Drevno and defensive backs coach Mike Zordich on Monday night.

Official visit: Thorpe will visit Michigan on Saturday, possibly arriving Friday.

This is preliminary so we’re unsure how serious things could get, but two visits in one week can sure flip a candidate.

Most of all, we know Michigan has a huge void at offensive guard in this class.

https://www.landof10.com/michigan/jim-harbaugh-aubrey-solomon-cj-thorpe-wolverines-visit

I hope it snows like a bastard in Pgh. and Michigan and he can neither leave or land or drive there

This is the game, in 2017. If we only lose Hippenhammer, we have actually won this thing by a good margin: Everyone loses 2 or 3 at this time of year. These youngsters are Millenials, this is their world, and this is their game.

Suck it up, dust it off, and let's get out there and get two more great recruits to make up for it, and if we can't flip anyone or get any more 4 stars, then let's go get that overlooked, kid that falls in the cracks. That's our job, let's get it done.

Yep, I hate Notre Dame, but THINK about it, THIS is what they are now reduced to...picking at PSU bones in late January, on their way to another 7 plus loss season.

Not to mention Adams, their LB recruit performed the worst at the All-Star gathering.

Hippenhammer retweeted the tweets below. Some PSU fans on twitter are just SOOOO stupid.

Twitter makes it sound like CJ's dad played with Zordich at PSU and this is just a courtesy, nothing more. BTW, UM is striking out on a number of top prospects.

Hippenhammer retweeted the tweets below. Some PSU fans on twitter are just SOOOO stupid.

Is he going to try to use these tweets and say that...that prompted his decision to 'flip'.

Coach Franklin has said, on many occasion to recruits before they commit, that they UNDERSTAND the meaning of the word commitment.

He can use what I just said if he wants. Somebody here can send it to him. I don't 'TWEET" man!

Is he going to try to use these tweets and say that...that prompted his decision to 'flip'.

Coach Franklin has said, on many occasion to recruits before they commit, that they UNDERSTAND the meaning of the word commitment.

He can use what I just said if he wants. Somebody here can send it to him. I don't 'TWEET" man!

Not saying that. It certainly doesn't help. Grown up PSU "fans" need to stop tweeting disparaging remarks about PSU recruits.

Thorpe aint going any where.. Relax! Hipp on the other hand.. need to keep a close eye on that one. But it wouldn't sting us that bad. Really like that WR Palmer's hudl video. Anywho, we should be fine there.

Unfortunately, i must reiterate.....

Tweeting at recruits = kill yourself.

Learn it, live it, love it.

The tweets quoted above were not tweeted "at" Hippenhammer. Didn't include his twitter handle. He went out and found them, or follows those accounts.

Let's not tie ourselves up in knots here and start with the friendly fire. The kid committed to us but looks like he always wanted to go to ND. Who wouldn't want to play for Purple Face? So be it. We will be fine.

Reactions: cjrugger and royboy
Well, that depends. However, if I'm the Georgia coach I've already told him he's not welcome, and under no circumstances would I have him back. Now, from a Penn State perspective I need to know more, like why did he commit earlier and why does he now feel differently? The answers to my questions about the situation would determine if I would extend an offer. I'd be alert for character flaws. Not all decommits have character flaws but I'd be very careful.

We are in a position that we don't need to put up with this BS any longer. Thorpe, Hipp, Parsons...gone. Next man up.

It seems to me that the "family" atmosphere is why our team clicks and this BS is not "family". They don't and won't fit. Better to divorce early before you're pregnant then after...

Well I'm sure being the great moral arbiter sounds nice in your head, but the reality is the players hold the leverage in this transaction.

There's a reason Kyle Flood tried this while Saban or Meyer has not

Some coaches do, or try to do, what you are suggesting. Brady Hoke was one of them.
It is not a recipe for success in this age of college football. You would be telling 20-50% of your commits to take a hike, which would not go over well.
Sure, you think this will serve notice, but it will not be successful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT