ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread

You do not tell a committed player that he is out if he looks around. They do hold all the cards. I like Alabama's approach. Saban tells a committed recruit that if they look around so will Alabama. PSU can now take that tact.

CJF is not going to let last year happen again. Always have a number of great players in the mix. If we lose one .... take the next one ...

I do think that if we get to the point where we are truly turning away good players, that if a committed kid starts to look around, and we have a similar kid who is a definite, then it's fair to make a switch. So long as the kids know the rules in advance, there is nothing wrong with that.

Obviously, we aren't going to do that with the 5-star and high 4-star guys, at least with the same vigor. Nevertheless, there is something to be said for evening up the playing field.

The tweets quoted above were not tweeted "at" Hippenhammer. Didn't include his twitter handle. He went out and found them, or follows those accounts.

Let's not tie ourselves up in knots here and start with the friendly fire. The kid committed to us but looks like he always wanted to go to ND. Who wouldn't want to play for Purple Face? So be it. We will be fine.
My post is not directed at the Mac Hip situation....just a general rule of thumb for "adults" who feel the need to reach out to a 17 year old on social media to tell them their feelings about where they should attend university.

It should almost be illegal, in my humble opinion. At the very least, you're a creepy fvck for doing so.

My post is not directed at the Mac Hip situation....just a general rule of thumb for "adults" who feel the need to reach out to a 17 year old on social media to tell them their feelings about where they should attend university.

It should almost be illegal, in my humble opinion. At the very least, you're a creepy fvck for doing so.

I am actually kind of glad people do it. It lets these kids know what kind of fan base the school they are being recruited by has and the treatment they should expect to receive if things do not go well for them at those schools. Kind of like truth in advertising. It is about the saddest thing in the world to read, but, for example, it is good a guy like Wade can see how unrelentingly pathetic Pitt's fan base is before he gets fooled into going there because it is close to home.

I am actually kind of glad people do it. It lets these kids know what kind of fan base the school they are being recruited by has and the treatment they should expect to receive if things do not go well for them at those schools. Kind of like truth in advertising. It is about the saddest thing in the world to read, but, for example, it is good a guy like Wade can see how unrelentingly pathetic Pitt's fan base is before he gets fooled into going there because it is close to home.

The nut jobs who tweet at recruits or email players are not indicative of anyone's fan base. Just ask Sam Ficken.

Those tweets weren't lighting the kid up, just discussing the situation. A recruit who backs out of his committment is always going to look for justification.

All 3 tweets were basically saying "we" don't need him or "we" can do better. Grown ass men doing this is pathetic to say the least.

Don't act like you know what this kid is thinking, because you have no idea..

Last edited:
All 3 tweets were basically saying "we" don't need him or "we" can do better. Grown ass men doing this is pathetic to say the least.

99.99% of the people that do that crap have 0.01% of the athletic ability that the kid has. They have no idea what it is like to be recruited. They also would have no idea what it would be like to grow up in Indiana and get an offer from ND. Maybe that was his dream since being a kid to play at ND. Is there nothing to be said of being offered by what could be your dream school, something the kid worked for his entire life? If you bash a high school kid for making an extremely difficult choice about their future...not yours...you are a loser...plain and simple.

The nut jobs who tweet at recruits or email players are not indicative of anyone's fan base. Just ask Sam Ficken.

Ok, chief.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Repetitive Posts = kill yourself.

Take a break.
Well, what is it? Kill myself or take a break?

I don't understand how I can kill myself...then take a break? Do you want to reverse your sentiment? Should i maybe first take the break, then kill myself instead?

Please clarify as to whether I should take a break on posting about tweeting at recruits or if I should kill myself.

Also, if it's kill myself, can you let me know when? Do I have time to say goodbye to my wife and child?

Jesus, there are too many questions rattling around in my head right now. Mainly because I don't know how much longer I have to live.....or if ultimately I'm just taking break and I'm worrying over nothing?????

Please advise!!! the anticipation is......wait for it.....KILLING ME!!!!! :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

Cliff notes: @CappyToCJF can go fvck himself. True story.

Well, after you kill yourself, I guess you get a very long break.

Or maybe not. Maybe you immediately start going down that tunnel towards the light. Or start having flashbacks about your sins, particularly if you tweet recruits. Maybe you go directly to some kind of personal Judgment Day tribunal. That would not be restful, at least for me.

It's definitely confusing.

Well, after you kill yourself, I guess you get a very long break.

Or maybe not. Maybe you immediately start going down that tunnel towards the light. Or start having flashbacks about your sins, particularly if you tweet recruits. Maybe you go directly to some kind of personal Judgment Day tribunal. That would not be restful, at least for me.

It's definitely confusing.
If you only knew how many questions I have right now. I did already call my dentist though and warn them I migth not be able to make my appt this afternoon.

Cappy, can you at least let me know one way or the other ASAP so my wife and kid don't get stuck with the cancellation fee from my dentist appt if I do have to kill myself before 3pm?

If you only knew how many questions I have right now. I did already call my dentist though and warn them I migth not be able to make my appt this afternoon.

Cappy, can you at least let me know one way or the other ASAP so my wife and kid don't get stuck with the cancellation fee from my dentist appt if I do have to kill myself before 3pm?

You don't even understand the advice you continue to give.

May as well respond like a 4 year old.

Mindless babble.....

Reactions: Alphabets
The value of the Board increases,
as posters add their 2 Cents
on Penn State Sports, Recruiting

and Babe pics.

;)

FLAG! - FLAG! - FLAG!

In 140 characters or less, what is the board's reputation?

Terrible reputation! The worst!

pennstategirls1.jpg

Penn+State+girls.jpg

penn-state-chick-funneling.jpg.jpg

5221835_this-hot-penn-state-girl-is-hot-look-how_657389cf_m.png

635808795317504306-1659827702_Screen%20Shot%202015-10-19%20at%203.25.14%20PM.png

Kappa-Delta-PSU01.jpg

There's a twit at 247 from Billy Fessler's high school congratulating him for receiving a scholarship for his senior season at Penn State.

?? 85 ??

There's a twit at 247 from Billy Fessler's high school congratulating him for receiving a scholarship for his senior season at Penn State.

?? 85 ??

why would the staff provide a scholarship to a walk-on senior who will not see the field in his sr season and we are still in the hunt. i could see that type of offer after we know all those that are leaving, JC transfers, final signings, etc. really pretty strange.

why would the staff provide a scholarship to a walk-on senior who will not see the field in his sr season and we are still in the hunt. i could see that type of offer after we know all those that are leaving, JC transfers, final signings, etc. really pretty strange.

Nobody on this board knows the importance of recruiting great player more than CJF and his coaches. Likewise, nobody on the board knows how hard these walk on players work more than CJF and his coaches. If CJF and his coaches (knowing what they know) think Billy Fessler or any other walk on deserves a scholarship then that is good enough for me.

Nobody on this board knows the importance of recruiting great player more than CJF and his coaches. Likewise, nobody on the board knows how hard these walk on players work more than CJF and his coaches. If CJF and his coaches (knowing what they know) think Billy Fessler or any other walk on deserves a scholarship then that is good enough for me.
It's January

?? 85 ??
Really? Unless i read your post wrong, you are going to call someone a twit for being happy for a friend that is finally able to get scholarship even it is just for one semester or year? You would be the twit. i personally know the Fessler's and as you can expect, they couldn't be more excited for their son. Maybe you need to get another hobby other than following PSU football. As Franklin talks about all the time, they are a family. Giving a deserving student athlete like this a schollie goes a long way in continuing that "family" atmosphere on the team. I am sure CJF knows what he is doing. Certainly beats the way other schools run their programs.

Really? Unless i read your post wrong, you are going to call someone a twit for being happy for a friend that is finally able to get scholarship even it is just for one semester or year? You would be the twit. i personally know the Fessler's and as you can expect, they couldn't be more excited for their son. Maybe you need to get another hobby other than following PSU football. As Franklin talks about all the time, they are a family. Giving a deserving student athlete like this a schollie goes a long way in continuing that "family" atmosphere on the team. I am sure CJF knows what he is doing. Certainly beats the way other schools run their programs.

He meant tweet.

He meant tweet. Give people the benefit of the doubt.

I think (hope) you are going to be embarrassed when you realize how wrong you were in this "twit" post. :)

Slow down, Jesse. It's twitter, so I call it a twit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT