ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread

Brooks was a Duke commit for a while, and really rose up the rankings big time after his senior season. I believe that for the longest time Rivers was ranked higher than Brooks - keep in mind that Rivers committed, IIRC, in the middle of his junior football season in 2015.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Brooks is ranked way higher on rivals than Rivers. This is some plan B! Makes me ask the question again... Why wasn't he offered from the start??

Again, Brooks is NOT plan B. But assuming he is headed here is a bit premature. That's how this staff got into this mess, they undersigned and now it's make a wish time. Plan B is a better bet, find that kid under the radar and coach him up, instead of waiting on something that may not happen.

Hey, if we get him, fantastic.

First ellis brooks decided to visit PSU over nutcase harbaugh. So he is interested in psu. there is a great chance once he looks at everything psu has to offer during his visit.He will make a choice to play for PSU

First ellis brooks decided to visit PSU over nutcase harbaugh. So he is interested in psu. there is a great chance once he looks at everything psu has to offer during his visit.He will make a choice to play for PSU

Canceled Michigan OV to come to PSU instead. Only because Michigan didn't want him anyway...

jerseyblue
MGoPoints: 3107

LB Ellis Brooks not visiting
On Friday's Recruiting article it said that it was still up in the air between Michigan and Penn St. for VA 4* LB Ellis Brooks' last visit this weekend. According to Brandon Justice Brooks decided to take an official to Penn St.

ldevon1
MGoPoints: 1327

Yeah, Sam Webb said this morning
Not to expect him. He will probably sign with Penn St, or anyone other than Michigan. He said he got another late offer that would be more appealing than Michigan, but the coaches didn't view it as a loss.

Magnus
picture-1208.jpg

MGoPoints: 96308

Michigan was backing off of
Michigan was backing off of him, anyway. That's the second time Michigan has backed off, and Notre Dame did, too.

Closing with Brooks, Webb and Castro-Fields?!?!? That would be incredible!!!

I think the above post could be right on target.
Brooks; an opportunity for immediate playing time, in front of a sell-out crowd, and playing for championships. Pulls the trigger.
Webb; splits with Swift, is the new Robinson/Godwin legacy, more balls thrown his way than at Georgia, could play early too. Pulls the flip trigger.
TCF; the phone never rings, could get left at the alter, realizes the NFL will find him here as well as at Alabama. Makes the call and pulls the trigger.
This could be how the class fills out.

Canceled Michigan OV to come to PSU instead. Only because Michigan didn't want him anyway...

jerseyblue
MGoPoints: 3107

LB Ellis Brooks not visiting
On Friday's Recruiting article it said that it was still up in the air between Michigan and Penn St. for VA 4* LB Ellis Brooks' last visit this weekend. According to Brandon Justice Brooks decided to take an official to Penn St.

ldevon1
MGoPoints: 1327

Yeah, Sam Webb said this morning
Not to expect him. He will probably sign with Penn St, or anyone other than Michigan. He said he got another late offer that would be more appealing than Michigan, but the coaches didn't view it as a loss.

Magnus
picture-1208.jpg

MGoPoints: 96308

Michigan was backing off of
Michigan was backing off of him, anyway. That's the second time Michigan has backed off, and Notre Dame did, too.
Thanks Judge for vaporizing my positive vibe

I think the above post could be right on target.
Brooks; an opportunity for immediate playing time, in front of a sell-out crowd, and playing for championships. Pulls the trigger.
Webb; splits with Swift, is the new Robinson/Godwin legacy, more balls thrown his way than at Georgia, could play early too. Pulls the flip trigger.
TCF; the phone never rings, could get left at the alter, realizes the NFL will find him here as well as at Alabama. Makes the call and pulls the trigger.
This could be how the class fills out.

Franklion just visited Webb today or yesterday in home too. I think he flips.

It's a tough flip but I said a few weeks ago I was optimistic, and I still am

I think Godwin leaving helps. If I were in his shoes I wouldn't want to play second fiddle to my cousin for the next 4 years. I'd want to make my own way.

So, am I missing anyone realistically?

Left still on the board are:

1. WR Henry Ruggs
2. CB Tariq Castro Fields
3. LB Ellis Brooks
4. DT Elijah Conliffe
5. DE Joshua Pachal
6. WR Mark Webb

I do realize that with some kids we do have a better chance than others but this is just about who we are pursuing.

Thank you!

Could Paschal play MLB?

With a 6-3/6-4 250-260lb frame, he most likely will fit in the DE spot. unless the staff thinks he can put on weight and still keep his quickness, then maybe DT. But most likely DE. But would be a great get!

So, am I missing anyone realistically?

Left still on the board are:

1. WR Henry Ruggs
2. CB Tariq Castro Fields
3. LB Ellis Brooks
4. DT Elijah Conliffe
5. DE Joshua Pachal
6. WR Mark Webb

I do realize that with some kids we do have a better chance than others but this is just about who we are pursuing.

Thank you!

I think you got most of them down. I would just take Ruggs out... that is a long shot! If we close with TCF, brooks, Paschal & Webb..... I think my head would explode!

Played at loyalsock. Good high school player but don't see him ever contributing at d1 level. Is he being recruited as walk on? I thought I heard he was going to play PSAC?

Now, just who in the hell is: DE. Crae McCracken out of PA??
An enforcer from Syracuse. I think he's Tim's (AKA DR. Hook) son.:) Seriously, Crae McCracken is from Loyalsock Twp. Saw he said on Twitter he got an offer from PSU. Don't know if it's for scholarship or as a preferred walk-on.

An enforcer from Syracuse. I think he's Tim's (AKA DR. Hook) son.:) Seriously, Crae McCracken is from Loyalsock Twp. Saw he said on Twitter he got an offer from PSU. Don't know if it's for scholarship or as a preferred walk-on.

Preferred walk on.

What's the latest with Proctor? I thought we were considered a done deal if we had room. It seems we have room now, but I haven't heard much about him lately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT