ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread

Update #PSU Ranked
12 Nationally by Scout,
13 by 247,
10 by Rivals,
16 by ESPN

Isn't there a pud-puller on the board somewhere......who's incessantly yapping about "RIVALS always unfairly down-grading the PSU recruiting classes"?
I resent you lumping such people in with the rest of us pud-pullers. However, while I have not made my impressions known about this (and thus don't qualify for the "incessant yapping" label), I have always felt that PSU guys tend to be rated lower by Rivals. This really surprised me.

Reactions: royboy
I resent you lumping such people in with the rest of us pud-pullers. However, while I have not made my impressions known about this (and thus don't qualify for the "incessant yapping" label), I have always felt that PSU guys tend to be rated lower by Rivals. This really surprised me.
Back in the day, Rivals used to underrate our region. That has changed and now they are more on top of the Northeast. There are still kids that fall through the cracks in New England, but they don't miss many from PA and NJ these days.

Those might be the kindest words Barry will ever give you. Happy early Christmas.
Uh.......when did I kick your dog?

If I did....mea culpa. It was probably an accident - - - I like dogs.
I probably should have been aiming at your nutz!

A joyous KwanzaHanukkahChristmasRamadan to you!!!!

I must have missed the resurgence.

Resurgence? VT is one of the biggest under achieving programs. of all time. Can never win a big game (yeah, they beat OSu in 2014) or a game that really matters. I'm baffled why they call Beamer a legend.

Resurgence? VT is one of the biggest under achieving programs. of all time. Can never win a big game (yeah, they beat OSu in 2014) or a game that really matters. I'm baffled why they call Beamer a legend.

34843_h.jpg

Update #PSU Ranked
12 Nationally by Scout,
13 by 247,
10 by Rivals,
16 by ESPN

Isn't there a pud-puller on the board somewhere......who's incessantly yapping about "RIVALS always unfairly down-grading the PSU recruiting classes"?
I'm not a pud puller. I'm a carrott snapper. This carrott snapper doesn't care.

That's Woody Allen material. Think of baseball to prolong the moment of ecstasy is how he put it, if I recall correctly.

Mays singles. Steals second. Meanwhile ... and so on.
Play It Again, Sam "I was wondering why you kept yelling 'Slide!'"

Apologies to all for diverting this thread. Can we get back to recruiting?

Last edited:
Play It Again, Sam "I was wondering why you kept yelling 'Slide! Slide!'"
That bit comes from his early comedy standup. I used to have all those albums. I even had them put on cassette tapes. All gone, lost in a move. I saw Woody twice live, consecutive nights at the Valley Forge Music whatever it's called. Memorable performances. Funny, funny man -- no one with humor like his.

Reactions: BVSt.Paul
With national signing day a couple of months away, Conliffe said he is getting attention from a variety of different schools.

“[Recruiting] has picked up,” Conliffe said. “After I dropped my last highlight tape I probably got the bigger schools I hadn’t gotten yet.”

Conliffe named Ole Miss, Tennessee, Penn State, Miami, Oregon, and Florida as schools who have expressed interest, but said he has the strongest relationship with the staffs at Tennessee and Penn State. Coaches have zeroed in on Conliffe to round out their classes, but the defensive tackle said he does not have a top 3, and his recruiting process is wide open.

“I’m pretty open,” Conliffe said. “Just taking a look at places to see where I’m going to take my officials to.”

“I know ‘Bama is going to get one (an official visit), and possibly Miami and Tennessee.”

As for Miami’s relationship with the four star recruit, Conliffe said that it has improved over time.

“It’s gotten better,” Conliffe said. “At first we wouldn’t talk as much, then we started to pick it up a little more. He is telling me about the campus and stuff like that.”

Miami has sold the ability to play as freshmen to recruits all throughout the cycle, but Conliffe said getting into the right program is more important to him than anything else.

“I’m not as far as looking for that,” Conliffe said. “All I really want to do is get into a program to really learn the technique, really learn what is going on, learn the program, and then when I am ready I want to play.”

Conliffe closed things off by saying it may come down to how he feels once he gets to his official visits, and with signing day less than two months away, only time will tell where the defensive tackle feels most comfortable.

https://www.canesinsight.com/articles/recruiting/3358

And Drew Singleton is most likely Michigan bound...both OSU and UM putting together some impressive defensive personnel.

Where are our Linebackers! (With exception to Rivers excited about him)

Reactions: bdgan
And Drew Singleton is most likely Michigan bound...both OSU and UM putting together some impressive defensive personnel.

Where are our Linebackers! (With exception to Rivers excited about him)

What? PSU has 3 good LBs committed and still recruiting a fourth. Don't people know where to see the commit list??

Reactions: TheGLOV
What? PSU has 3 good LBs committed and still recruiting a fourth. Don't people know where to see the commit list??

Lets help them out. Here's a Christmas present for you.

Click on the link. Then click on "pos" to sort by position and look down the list until you see "LB"

https://bwi.rivals.com/commitments/football/2017

Then you can go to 247 and hover over Football Recruiting, and look at the "Offers" list to see the OLB's and MLB's that CJF has offered. Proctor would head that list.......

Reactions: TheGLOV
Lets help them out. Here's a Christmas present for you.

Click on the link. Then click on "pos" to sort by position and look down the list until you see "LB"

https://bwi.rivals.com/commitments/football/2017

Then you can go to 247 and hover over Football Recruiting, and look at the "Offers" list to see the OLB's and MLB's that CJF has offered. Proctor would head that list.......
Lol thank you....nicely done. I look all lists/targets have been since 2000. When Proctor commits, that would ease my concern.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT