ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread

Mike Vukovan from KDKA texting and texting and texting Lamont Wade.

KDKA is NOT a recruiting service, and NOT an official Pitt media base. What the HELL is this guy doing asking Lamont if "he saw the Pitt game"?

Grounds for firing, WITHOUT EVEN MENTIONING the badgering of the kid, which is, in and of itself, grounds for firing. How does this guy still have a job?

Is anybody really surprised at anything Pitt-related anymore? The stuff that is on twitter, their own coach tweeting spurned recruits, and the fact that the people in the media who are the Pitt shills also coincidentally are the most pathetic. The picture that is painted about Pitt is incredibly detailed, and yet they wonder why their coaches leave ASAP and they can't recruit worth a damn.

Read that Proctor is announcing at UA game. Hadn't seen that before . Read the final three are PSU, Pitt and VT. Friedman twit at 247. 6'3" 220 lbs. Big kid already.

It's not like we didn't offer the top kids from Pa. They just decided to go elsewhere. I'm not sure how much the depth chart was the issue vs. the school & staff. Depth chart certainly wasn't the issue for Adams.

In the meantime, they suck and it makes me happy.

Do the UA people try to get kids to announce at their game? If Proctor's mind is made up and it's PSU, Jan. 20 will happen anyway. Might happen anyway even if he chooses VT on that day.

LOTS of crystal balls to VT for Proctor logged today :/
Hopefully we still get him on campus 1/20 to take a run at him

What happens if nobody leaves?
Don't say this out loud because numbnuts might hear. They'll have to have a talk with a few players (not processing because that sounds bad and upsets numbnuts) or not give scollies to walkons that had them this past year. Brandon Smith may go to med school or may stay, I guess, depending on whether he's on schollie this year (which should be a given). Maybe suggest to a few 5th year players that their playing time would be drastically reduced (see Akeel Lynch and Geno Lewis).

Last edited:
We might not have any spots left in this class.

Don't understand recruits like Conliffe, Proctor, and Castro-Fields that schedule so many of their OVs in January. Their choices for schools really start to dry up quickly as classes become full. I know some schools will "make room" but not all will.

So Thorpe is visiting Michigan and UCLA, and Proctor is still visiting after he commits. Looks like there still could be some departures/arrivals in this class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT