ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread

Of course I/we people see the list, I am excited and confident in one. If we still had Vanderlinden I wouldn't be concerned.

No one cares about your opinion. I have way more faith in PSU's (& Alabama's, Florida State's, Michigan's, etc.) coaches evaluation of players than I do yours.

Of course I/we people see the list, I am excited and confident in one. If we still had Vanderlinden I wouldn't be concerned.
Rivers is probably the most needed because he's an inside guy. We could use another ILB in this class.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Definitely need inside linebackers, I should have been more clear earlier. I laser focus more with work email and customer communication, this is more leisure for me and entertainment.

I am just surprised that we aren't getting a little more attention from some of the ILB blue chippers, that could easily bide for playing time early and for a team on the rise!

Last year the issue was our dtackle situation and that has worked out fabulously. Our coaches have done an unbelievable job IMHO. I mean I am so excited about this season, it has been a great ride like my first year attending PSU in 94'..it's awesome to be back!

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Faison-Walden was being pursued heavily by Michigan earlier this fall. He's going to be a force when he puts on a few pounds.

Franklin can also bump inside to ILB, if need be - and this year has proven that our staff coaches our players to be versatile between OLB and ILB, especially with the prevalence of substitution packages. The 4-3 personnel on every play of the game phenomenon is over in today's game.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Faison-Walden was being pursued heavily by Michigan earlier this fall. He's going to be a force when he puts on a few pounds.

Franklin can also bump inside to ILB, if need be - and this year has proven that our staff coaches our players to be versatile between OLB and ILB, especially with the prevalence of substitution packages. The 4-3 personnel on every play of the game phenomenon is over in today's game.

Yep, this is big boy football.

And that's what I observed, the weight the other two will need to put on which will take time. That's nice to hear about Faison-Walden I haven't reviewed a lot of his film.

Yeah that's the trend now with edge players right, the tweener player that can spur into anther position based on the formations presented or sub packages, your versatility point and accurate IMHO and experience.

Did anyone else happen to see the 2018 TE from MA made his all state team at LB?? Everything we have heard puts him at TE, but he must look pretty good on defense as well.

Whether or not Proctor comes to PSU, I fully expect CJF to get another inside LB in the 2017 class. If Proctor would happen to go elsewhere CJF and his staff will be out scouring the country for another good sized LB, including potential flips from any target programs. So pitt, Rutgers, MD.... better hope we get Proctor or any LB's they may have will on CJF's target list.....

Reactions: TheGLOV and ftlpsu
If it's not the height of incoming DBs, it's the weight of incoming LBs. Some need to stop wringing their hands and put some trust in the coaching staff. I don't know this for certain, but I think the staff has a plan. Jaysus.

Did anyone else happen to see the 2018 TE from MA made his all state team at LB?? Everything we have heard puts him at TE, but he must look pretty good on defense as well.

Whether or not Proctor comes to PSU, I fully expect CJF to get another inside LB in the 2017 class. If Proctor would happen to go elsewhere CJF and his staff will be out scouring the country for another good sized LB, including potential flips from any target programs. So pitt, Rutgers, MD.... better hope we get Proctor or any LB's they may have will on CJF's target list.....
Yes, I suggested Freiermuth and Pitts would both get looks on D in the 2018 thread. So will Raines at LB

Yes, I suggested Freiermuth and Pitts would both get looks on D in the 2018 thread. So will Raines at LB

Right, but the discussion here was specifically about LB depth and recruiting, and that's what I was referring to regarding Freiermuth..... His size would seem to put him at DE, but he must be playing LB in high school.

Right, but the discussion here was specifically about LB depth and recruiting, and that's what I was referring to regarding Freiermuth..... His size would seem to put him at DE, but he must be playing LB in high school.
Nope, my suggestion was Lb

If it's not the height of incoming DBs, it's the weight of incoming LBs. Some need to stop wringing their hands and put some trust in the coaching staff. I don't know this for certain, but I think the staff has a plan. Jaysus.
ILB is really the only position group where we have a numbers problem. I think we all saw this last September what can happen.
Next year, we have Cabinda ( if he doesn't leave early ), Smith ( RS Sr ), Cooper ( Jr who appeared to have some sort of shoulder injury and DNP ) and maybe Jan Johnson. Other than the 2017 class, that's it for inside guys. I suppose Bowen could play inside a bit. Brown at 6'5" is not really suited, nor is Farmer.

ILB is really the only position group where we have a numbers problem. I think we all saw this last September what can happen.
Next year, we have Cabinda ( if he doesn't leave early ), Smith ( RS Sr ), Cooper ( Jr who appeared to have some sort of shoulder injury and DNP ) and maybe Jan Johnson. Other than the 2017 class, that's it for inside guys. I suppose Bowen could play inside a bit. Brown at 6'5" is not really suited, nor is Farmer.

And hopefully Rivers stays with PSU. We also don't know where Franklin (LB recruit) projects, but at his current listing of 200lbs he would have some work to do before he would be an effective MLB.

But yep, it would be great to get another 2017 MLB commit, and I'm betting that CJF does......

And hopefully Rivers stays with PSU. We also don't know where Franklin (LB recruit) projects, but at his current listing of 200lbs he would have some work to do before he would be an effective MLB.

But yep, it would be great to get another 2017 MLB commit, and I'm betting that CJF does......
I think this kid is going to follow his heart (i.e. girlfriend) and go to VT. We'll see.

I think this kid is going to follow his heart (i.e. girlfriend) and go to VT. We'll see.
If that is his reason, it would be sad. Think back to your girlfriends when you were that age. Sure some of you eventually married them and lived happily ever after but I would guess that most of you moved on to other gfs. I realize that nobody can explain that to a kid that age and I don't want to stand in the way of love but there HAS to be better reasons on which to base your college decision.

Time out. Has Rivers decommitted? This is all just rampant speculation started by a VT poster, correct? Or has a more reputable source said this?

His twitter profile shows all PSU. Think we are fine here. All news is he's solid.

I hope we close out with a couple more recruits, but if we don't get anymore, I am thrilled with this class. It's not line prior years where we reaching for recruits to fill the roster. We have a great class, a great start on 2018, we are a org ram on the move.

Penn State guys. That's the focus. Kaindoh is not a Penn State guy. Best of luck to him at wherever he goes.

Proctor Proctor Proctor. Eyes on the ball.

So you read 247 and are stealing Trock's information and passing it off as your own?

I'm not stealing anyone's information. I posted that Kaindoh isn't coming here, and so have about 100 other people. You want to make accusations we can go there too. What you are posting about me is false and accusatory.

Can we at least let the kid announce where he is going before we declare that he is "not a PSU guy so let's just focus on PSU guys"??? What's the rush? Serious question.

Reactions: psu2016
Where did you get the Proctor information?

Don't make me spank you junior.

I'm not stealing anyone's information. I posted that Kaindoh isn't coming here, and so have about 100 other people. You want to make accusations we can go there too. What you are posting about me is false and accusatory. Eat shit.

Where did you get the Proctor information?

Don't make me spank you junior.

Please stop running your mouth before you make an even bigger jackass out of yourself. Proctor is a TARGET, you stupid imbecile. That is all I said. Now go back and get on the short bus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT