ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread

This is actually a kid who belongs at the U. Local recruiting stuff notwithstanding, Pitt may be better off without him. Drama follows him around.

CB Donovan Johnson is No. 21 on the East squad in the US Army All-american Bowl on NBC (1:00 ET on NBC).

He also did the hashtag thing for UK, Indiana, WVU, and whoever GBR is (Nebraska, go big red???)...

Conliffe rolling in CBs to Tenn. I hope we can at least get him on campus on the 31st. Seems like if he is committing that day, then that's not happening.

He said all along he wanted to stay in the SEC. Who wasn't listening?

I clearly recall being told over and over that Conliffe was still in play, after I said that it would be near impossible to get flips and that we were out of 4 stars recruits. We stil have TCF on the board though, so there is one final hope there.

I clearly recall being told over and over that Conliffe was still in play, after I said that it would be near impossible to get flips and that we were out of 4 stars recruits. We stil have TCF on the board though, so there is one final hope there.
So I guess the coaching staff should save the money and not host Swift, Webb, and Proctor this month.

Edit: and Bowden

He did say that PSU had a big edge after his visit in November. It was an interview with Scout reporter. Can't really imagine why anyone with offers like his would go to Tennessee right now .... but who knows

Reactions: bmw199

I'll raise a hand on that one. I consistently doubted PSU was going to land him but stranger things have happened. And of the outstanding targets, my fingers were crossed for a another stud DT and/or ILB. But I guess there's nothing novel about anything I just wrote.... o_O

Castro-Fields would be a huge get for us!!! 1/13/17!!!

Announcement: Jan 23 11:00 AM

Commitment Watch: Announcing in 13 days, 12 hrs, 42 mns, 34 secs

4_4557248.jpg

Tariq Castro-Fields
Upper Marlboro, MD (Riverdale Baptist)

Athlete, Cornerback
4-Star ****

• Ht 6-1
  • Wt 173
  • CLASS OF 17
247Sports Composite
Natl Comp 282
Pos CB 32
St MD 7

Peyton Hendershot still committed to IU, but looking at Purdue, Penn State

Hendershot said his recruiting situation has become “a little crazy” after Indiana changed coaches. He plans to take an official visit to Indiana this weekend and has official visits planned to Purdue the weekend of Jan. 20 and to Penn State the weekend of Jan. 27.

Ball State, Illinois State and Minnesota have also shown interest. He said he might try to make weekday visits to those programs before signing day.

Hendershot said Purdue is intriguing because new coach Jeff Brohm “likes to throw to the tight ends a lot.” He’s also familiar with Penn State, having visited there previously on an unofficial visit.

“That’s a school I’d like to get an offer from,” Hendershot said of Penn State.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ed-iu-but-looking-purdue-penn-state/96450596/

Hippenhammer is flirting with ND, following their coaches, retweeting their shit, maybe gets replaced in the class?

After a dominant senior season, one of Ohio's top prospects, Warren Harding athlete Lynn Bowden, will make his college decision this weekend. The 6-foot, 185-pound prospect tweeted that he will announce a choice at some point on Saturday.

The Rivals250 product was originally committed to Indiana but has been open for several months as new offers continued to pour in. Lynn Bowden says his decision on Saturday will come down to three programs.

"(It's down to) West Virginia, Kentucky, and Penn State," Bowden said on Wednesday evening.

Hippenhammer is flirting with ND, following their coaches, retweeting their shit, maybe gets replaced in the class?

After a dominant senior season, one of Ohio's top prospects, Warren Harding athlete Lynn Bowden, will make his college decision this weekend. The 6-foot, 185-pound prospect tweeted that he will announce a choice at some point on Saturday.

The Rivals250 product was originally committed to Indiana but has been open for several months as new offers continued to pour in. Lynn Bowden says his decision on Saturday will come down to three programs.

"(It's down to) West Virginia, Kentucky, and Penn State," Bowden said on Wednesday evening.

ND is only using him as a plan "B" or "C" kid. Did they not just lose a WR kid from Cali to Oregon St.?

I really despise that team!!

If Mac is flirting with ND this late in the game, particularly after all the stuff going on there this year, then so be it. We can afford to lose him, and we seem to have people who will backfill. If losing him means we gain Proctor, I'm not out of favor with that.

Some Sean Fitz CBs of note today for one time PSU targets:

Dalyn Wade-Perry to Stanford. Guess he finally got accepted.

Jaylen Harris to Ohio State. Taking the slot of the recent decommit.

Reactions: TheGLOV
If CJF had the flexibility to make it work, Proctor would not have committed to VT.....

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
What's the news on osu wr looking to possibly flip to the good guys I think he was injured

Reading between the lines of various articles it appears when he was injured a lot of different schools kept in touch with him whereas O$U did not. I believe there are two other kids from the kid's HS who are committed to O$U, so my guess would be it was a deliberate attempt by Meyer to not honor the offer. Of course the zombie-like supporters of that school will tell you that nothing of the kind ever occurs there and Urban Meyer is one step below Jesus in terms of integrity.

Reading between the lines of various articles it appears when he was injured a lot of different schools kept in touch with him whereas O$U did not. I believe there are two other kids from the kid's HS who are committed to O$U, so my guess would be it was a deliberate attempt by Meyer to not honor the offer. Of course the zombie-like supporters of that school will tell you that nothing of the kind ever occurs there and Urban Meyer is one step below Jesus in terms of integrity.

He's been getting drilled by OSU supporters on twitter since he decommitted.

NEVER EVER tweet at recruits. Just don't.

Reactions: BVSt.Paul
With or without Hippenhammer, Webb is a take. I'm not too worried either way of Hippenhammer. Seems like a good prospect but I don't think overall he'd be that missed based on who we have added the last month or so, and who we have coming in the future at WR. I may be in the minority on this, but I am a little optimistic about flipping Webb.

Mark Webb, from Warminster PA...WR, recruited by everyone...would be huge for PSU!!! Get him outta Georgia.

Yeah, I remember we almost lost a kid, years ago, a WR from Pittston, to Georgia. Almost. Then, the old guy tasted his mother's gravy and said it was better than Mrs. Cappaletti's gravy. The kid came to Penn State.

Wonder how good Mrs. Webb's gravy is?

Yeah, I remember we almost lost a kid, years ago, a WR from Pittston, to Georgia. Almost. Then, the old guy tasted his mother's gravy and said it was better than Mrs. Cappaletti's gravy. The kid came to Penn State.

Wonder how good Mrs. Webb's gravy is?

Lots of potential double entendres in there.

With or without Hippenhammer, Webb is a take. I'm not too worried either way of Hippenhammer. Seems like a good prospect but I don't think overall he'd be that missed based on who we have added the last month or so, and who we have coming in the future at WR. I may be in the minority on this, but I am a little optimistic about flipping Webb.
I don't think that Webb is a take right now.

Speed WR's are great, and having a top 2018 big WR bodes well, but I believe we need to keep stocked with big bodied WR's and need one in the 2017 class. The big, strong one's make the big catches in big games against great coverage to win championships. Just keep remembering the highlights that Godwin accumulated............

Last edited:
I don't think that Webb is a take right now.
Besides what @GregInPitt said, which is very true, I think that there is also the angle that he goes to a top PA high school football program, and you can't have him on campus trying to flip him and then if he comes around be like oops... we don't have room. So, the fact that he's coming makes me believe they view him as a priority.

Webb

Besides what @GregInPitt said, which is very true, I think that there is also the angle that he goes to a top PA high school football program, and you can't have him on campus trying to flip him and then if he comes around be like oops... we don't have room. So, the fact that he's coming makes me believe they view him as a priority.
Possibly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT