ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

Boy, Larry Johnson sure wasn't shy about taking Penn State's recruiting pitch and repackaging it for OSU. Talking academics and everything.

Boy, Larry Johnson sure wasn't shy about taking Penn State's recruiting pitch and repackaging it for OSU. Talking academics and everything.

Johnson is doing his job at Tosu. Another way of looking at it, and I think the proper way at that, is that Johnson learned the principles from Joe and is now applying them at Tosu. Just another example of Joe's real legacy.

As for Oweh, we have to remember that he is just a kid and likely is highly impressionable. I'm sure Tosu rolled out the red (pardon the pun) carpet. It isn't over, and Franklin and staff will make another push.

Hardy's mom retweeted this

Paramus, N.J., four-star defensive end Dorian Hardy last came to State College for the Blue-White game in April, and his mother shared on social media that he's heading back Saturday by himself before his family joins him on Sunday.

The 6-foot-5, 240-pound prospect has over 20 offers, including ones from Clemson, Michigan, and Ohio State.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV and T J
I did a little reading up on Timber Creek Regional after watching his film. Lots of people in NJ would like to see them go down. Check out all of the stories on the investigation
His highlight video is certainly impressive, the kid can throw, and run. You'll note all the plays in his highlight video, he's lined up in the shotgun, aka, James Franklin's offense.
Yep. He's very impressive, excellent runner. He has all the tools for the RPO. According to 247 the three favorites now are GA, UNC and FSU. Jace lives in the middle of nowhere, Kansas. Recruiters fly into Denver then drive 4.5 hours to Norton, his hometown, population about 3000.

It's interesting that they've offered Ruder before they've offered Leary. Anyone know if Ruder's been on campus or have they been out to see him?

Last edited:
Yep. He's very impressive, excellent runner. He has all the tools for the RPO. According to 247 the three favorites now are GA, UNC and FSU. Jace lives in the middle of nowhere, Kansas. Recruiters fly into Denver then drive 4.5 hours to Norton, his hometown, population about 3000.

It's interesting that they've offered Ruder before they've offered Leary. Anyone know if Ruder's been on campus or have they been out to see him?
I know people think Leary would jump if the offer comes but there is no guarantee. They are recruiting both and if you want a kid 4.5 hours from the nearest airport near Denver to come see Penn State, you offer him. If you want a kid a few hours drive away, you invite him to campus and offer him there.

Reactions: royboy

Leary and his high school team are going to NC State's team camp the last week in June. If he was to receive an offer and decommitt, it would be very awkward and create real pressure for all involved.

My guess if he and JF have spoken and Leary will get an offer when he comes back and hopefully committ.

Leary and his high school team are going to NC State's team camp the last week in June. If he was to receive an offer and decommitt, it would be very awkward and create real pressure for all involved.

My guess if he and JF have spoken and Leary will get an offer when he comes back and hopefully committ.
That sounds reasonable, though NC State will be selling hard when Leary gets there with his team. Still, offering Ruder now makes me wonder. Prime target or backup plan?

Either Leary or Ruder would be great. I'm way over Fields.

Sounds like Patterson is on top of their board. I don't think Ruder has ever been to campus. No way to know at this point if there is reciprocal interest.

Patterson's comments from his visit to PSU a year ago:

"The coaches were awesome, they're all hilarious and genuine. On top of that they helped me improve and pointed stuff out like firing my hips, elbow placement, all the essentials of a quarterback."

"Penn State's campus was beautiful one of the best I've seen and they still have stuff to add on still. As soon as I get hold of their schedule, I'll find a game that best fits my situation."

Sounds like Patterson is on top of their board. I don't think Ruder has ever been to campus. No way to know at this point if there is reciprocal interest.

Patterson's comments from his visit to PSU a year ago:

"The coaches were awesome, they're all hilarious and genuine. On top of that they helped me improve and pointed stuff out like firing my hips, elbow placement, all the essentials of a quarterback."

"Penn State's campus was beautiful one of the best I've seen and they still have stuff to add on still. As soon as I get hold of their schedule, I'll find a game that best fits my situation."

I happened to see this link on the VT board the other day which seems to be a bit more current than his PSU quotes of a year ago. Who knows ...

'With that being said ...' What?
I think he meant "with that being said ... The past points us in the direction of the future " referring to the picture of him and Tyrod Taylor ( one of the Hokie's greatest all time QB's.

Since I don't Twitter, I could be wrong and any Twitter experts can jump in and clarify.

Hardy has offers from all the powerhouse programs (Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Florida, Michigan, Ohio State, Miami, etc). Plus some bottom feeders (Pitt, etc).

Reactions: TheGLOV
Why is this dude not interested in us as much as I'd like him to be?

fdwxnvddhckjbpyxgcdp

Shayne Simon
Outside linebacker
4 STARS
St. Peter's Prep
Jersey City, NJ
RR: 5.9
Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 210 lbs
Class: 2018

POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Commitment status:
UNDECIDED

Simon made a strong impression during drills, where his quick feet, loose hips and athleticism allowed him to shine. Everything Simon does on the football field is smooth and easy. He’s a natural athlete and a natural football player. His change of direction will be important for him at the rover spot in Notre Dame’s defense, should he eventually end up in the class.

fdwxnvddhckjbpyxgcdp

Shayne Simon
Outside linebacker
4 STARS
St. Peter's Prep
Jersey City, NJ

POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Commitment status:
UNDECIDED

Simon made a strong impression during drills, where his quick feet, loose hips and athleticism allowed him to shine. Everything Simon does on the football field is smooth and easy. He’s a natural athlete and a natural football player. His change of direction will be important for him at the rover spot in Notre Dame’s defense, should he eventually end up in the class.

He goes to St. Peter's Prep.

fdwxnvddhckjbpyxgcdp

Shayne Simon
Outside linebacker
4 STARS
St. Peter's Prep
Jersey City, NJ

POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Commitment status:
UNDECIDED

GLOV, every one of us has our own likes and dislikes. Some of us are meat and potatoes, others are vegans. Some love sweets, some not. Most of us have preferences between blonds, brunettes or redheads.....although ericstrattan-rush chairman has no preference and that includes baldness.

Everyone likes different cars, different vacations.

I find out on a regular basis here that everyone has a different sense of humor.....and some don't have any sense of humor or understand sarcasm.

Why is Simon not interested? Maybe someday we'll get to play "Simon says" and he'll let us know.

GLOV, every one of us has our own likes and dislikes. Some of us are meat and potatoes, others are vegans. Some love sweets, some not. Most of us have preferences between blonds, brunettes or redheads.....although ericstrattan-rush chairman has no preference and that includes baldness.

Everyone likes different cars, different vacations.

I find out on a regular basis here that everyone has a different sense of humor.....and some don't have any sense of humor or understand sarcasm.

Why is Simon not interested? Maybe someday we'll get to play "Simon says" and he'll let us know.

I would say generally your sentiment is accurate but not in this case. The coach at St Peter's is about as big an ND homer as exists. He was responsible for the Wimbush nonsense. It's really tough to overcome a coach who has his own interests in mind over that of the players he coaches.

Ruder spoke with Joe Moorhead and Ricky Rahne on Saturday evening and added the Nittany Lions to that mix. He is scheduled to visit Florida State, Georgia and North Carolina this week and plans to explore taking a visit to Happy Valley.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT