ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Eleven Warriors had this paragraph at the end of a post about Nester visiting PSU...

"Penn State is reportedly telling Nester that offensive line coach Greg Studrawa will not be with the team next season, causing some confusion for the prospect."

What followed was about 100 posts calling Franklin every name in the book.

PhillyNut 21 HOURS AGO
Just complete douches.

NHBuckeye 22 HOURS AGO
Why does Penn State continue with these shithead tactics?

Mantis 22 HOURS AGO
God I ****ing hate Penn State...

Buckabroad 20 HOURS AGO
Agree. Of all the frauds in the CFB world, Franklin is the worst. He truly is devoid of any honor whatsoever.

CTBuckeyeFan 21 HOURS AGO
James Franklin should be sterilized, I’m not kidding

QuercusAlba 21 HOURS AGO
He's a dickhead. Looks like one even. Kick his ass next year, it's all we can do.

PhillyNut 21 HOURS AGO
Really would not mind one of our defensive ends "accidentally" running him over on a play that goes over to their sideline.

Then their recruiting writer says it wasn't PENN STATE and Franklin saying the OL coach wasn't guaranteed to be back.

Andrew Ellis STAFF 21 HOURS AGO
FWIW I don't think PSU is the one telling him that Stud will be gone.

Actionstanleyjackson 21 HOURS AGO
Prolly day himself and osu

*emoji signifying nailed it*

So, just to make sure I'm understanding this properly: 11W writes an article stating that Penn State is telling Nester that OSU's offensive line coach won't be there next season - only to have an 11W writer show up in the comments saying that it's actually Ohio State's head coach telling Nester that OSU's offensive line coach won't be there next year. Do I have that right?

I think there will be more leaving early or leaving the program than initially thought. For example, BFW and Humphries have both left the program freeing up some more scholarships.

Biggest remaining haul will come on the D-Line. Especially if some of our current D-Lineman don't stop doing dumb things, as one of the starters is being suspended for Citrus Bowl :confused:

Haha, c'mon man you can't leave us with so little detail.

Givens again?

Reactions: TheGLOV
However, word has it that CJF absolutely crushed his In Home Visit at the Harrison homestead.
Now this could be a completely different person, or it could be meaningless, since recruits can enroll at more than one university, but a "Zachary Harrison" recently showed up on the Penn State Student Directory. Like I said, it could be a completely different person so take it for what it's worth.

Now this could be a completely different person, or it could be meaningless, since recruits can enroll at more than one university, but a "Zachary Harrison" recently showed up on the Penn State Student Directory. Like I said, it could be a completely different person so take it for what it's worth.
I love this time of year. Student directory searches are the recruiting equivalent of FlightAware tracking, and I absolutely love it.

Do OSU and Michigan have a similar directory?

Reactions: bmw199 and TheGLOV
Nope, not YGM...Mr. Windsor
giphy%2B%25282%2529.gif

I love this time of year. Student directory searches are the recruiting equivalent of FlightAware tracking, and I absolutely love it.

Do OSU and Michigan have a similar directory?
Couldn't find it if they do (at least one I could access)

I believe I've read that he's already enrolled at all three schools.

So what other players are enrolling early? Query the directory for them. If you get a few matches then you can at least determine if the early enrollees are entered into the system yet.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Eleven Warriors had this paragraph at the end of a post about Nester visiting PSU...

"Penn State is reportedly telling Nester that offensive line coach Greg Studrawa will not be with the team next season, causing some confusion for the prospect."

What followed was about 100 posts calling Franklin every name in the book.

PhillyNut 21 HOURS AGO
Just complete douches.

NHBuckeye 22 HOURS AGO
Why does Penn State continue with these shithead tactics?

Mantis 22 HOURS AGO
God I ****ing hate Penn State...

Buckabroad 20 HOURS AGO
Agree. Of all the frauds in the CFB world, Franklin is the worst. He truly is devoid of any honor whatsoever.

CTBuckeyeFan 21 HOURS AGO
James Franklin should be sterilized, I’m not kidding

QuercusAlba 21 HOURS AGO
He's a dickhead. Looks like one even. Kick his ass next year, it's all we can do.

PhillyNut 21 HOURS AGO
Really would not mind one of our defensive ends "accidentally" running him over on a play that goes over to their sideline.

Then their recruiting writer says it wasn't PENN STATE and Franklin saying the OL coach wasn't guaranteed to be back.

FWIW I don't think PSU is the one telling him that Stud will be gone.

Actionstanleyjackson 21 HOURS AGO
Prolly day himself and osu

*emoji signifying nailed it*

No rivalry here boys. Nope. Funny how much CJF and PSU gets under their skin and is always the first to be blamed. Once again, their mischaracterization of CJF is proven to be false.

Without getting into specific guys...… it is pretty much a certainty that PSU/CJF will be able to allot a full 25 new scholarships - - - - - - - if they choose to.

There are only 52 guys from the 18, 17, and 16 classes left on the roster (I may have missed one or two - but I think that is accurate)… and that includes Sanders (who is highly likely to not return, IMO) and McGovern.

Add in 25 for 2019, and that brings you to - AT THE MOST - 77 total... with only potential 5th year seniors to fit in.
While there are - IIRC - 15 potential 5th year seniors, between any who move onto the NFL, move on with their "life's work", or are not asked back for their 5th year, there will be plenty of room for a full 25 - - - - if the staff feels there are 25 prospects they find worthy of signing.

^^Thanks for this. This is basically where the-boards will be at through bowl season. It'd be nice if BWI could this pin this to the top of the board through January 2019, if for anything, just to remind me to stop thinking about it.

At his PC, Franklin basically said he wants his draft-eligible players to wait to the last minute before making their decision. I would assume that the same could be said for those players who want to transfer, e.g. waiting until they actually graduate and waiting until the last moment when they can put their name on the NCAA transfer-portal, etc. Apparently, and correct me if I am wrong, but once a player puts their name on the transfer-portal they lose their scholarship.

This class is awesome. Most might downplay it due to only being at 12 right now - but we very well can land in the top 10. We can pass Michigan and ND with 1 more commit.

To understand the talent in this class. Maryland has only 2 players ranked better than our WORST Player.
MSU has only 4 players ranked better than our WORST player. I get that rankings aren't the end all be all - but this class will further separate us from the turtles and sparty.

We are now firmly entrenched in the top 3 with UM/OSU going forward.

Thad best part is last years was as good - and next years might be even better. We are in very great position for 2 5* top 10 players and very good shape for a few other 5*s not counting the 4*s - and oh yeah - we will probably add 1-2 more 4* players this year

Character.

“He’s just a phenomenal child,” Lisa said. “He’s never been a typical child that was rebellious. He always complied with me as his mom and he always took it I knew what was best for him. He tries to make me happy by doing what he knows is right.”

“He’s a special person,” Ellis added. “His mother is a special person. He’s able to deal with his whole situation with a smile on his face and keep pushing.”

Whos next, Cain? When is he announcing.

That goofball on twitter says we get 3 more studs by Wednesday, hinting at Harrison. Not like he knows anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT