ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Pitt’s highest rated recruit on the 247 composite is lower than our lowest rated recruit in this class.

giphy.gif

Did you mean to say: "right" instead of "written".

:);):)
Nahhh, the way it works now outside of maybe Harrison(nobody has a clue there)...the gurus get the answer, write the article, flock their CB's, and then let the kid announce even though it's already known. So basically short of the kid lying to them, it's over.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Anyone here keeping track of the current scholarship openings, with Faison-Walden transferring? i.e. before any announcements for players to the NFL....

Last edited:
Just to keep this thread bumped...

Via Rivals.com ratings, Penn State currently has the 3rd highest rated class according to average star ranking at 3.88

1. Georgia 4.06
2. Bama 3.96
3. Penn State 3.88
6. OSU 3.75
11. Notre Dame 3.62
14. Michigan 3.56
35. Pitt 3.05

I’m actually surprised Pitt’s is that high

Anyone here keeping track of the current scholarship openings, with Faison-Walden transferring? i.e. before any announcements for players to the NFL....

Looks like we are at 84 right now with BFW leaving. That's not factoring Miller or anyone else leaving for the NFL. I'd have to believe we can easily get to 20 without any processing accusations.

MilesBarkely already shared this info, but here is the tweet if anyone is interested:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I will be committing @ 12 <br><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/weare?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#weare</a>.......<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/hurricanes?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#hurricanes</a> </p>&mdash; Adisa Isaac1 (@A1Isaac1) <a href="">December 17, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks like we are at 84 right now with BFW leaving. That's not factoring Miller or anyone else leaving for the NFL. I'd have to believe we can easily get to 20 without any processing accusations.

Yep, 2 or 3 to the NFL and 2 or 3 more transfers and the class gets in the low 20's....

My prediction on how we finish out:
DE - Adisa Issac commits to Penn State today and signs on Wednesday
OL - Doug Nester flip him from Ohio State in early 2019, signs in February
RB - Noah Cain commits and signs to PSU on Wednesday
DT - Jared Harrison-Hunte commits and signs to PSU
DT - D'Von Ellies commits and signs to PSU
DE - Smith Vilbert commits and signs to PSU
Add in another commit who isn't high on radar as of now who verbals and signs in February

Those who go elsewhere that are high on PSU (Just my prediction):
OL - Jakai Moore commits to S.Carolina today
DE - Zach Harrison commits to Ohio State
WR - David Bell commits to Purdue
WR - Cornelius Johnson commits to Michigan
ATH - Mark-Antony Richards commits to Auburn
DT - Jaquaze Sorrells commits to S. Carolina

Add in another commit who isn't high on radar as of now who verbals and signs in February

Seems realistic and hopefully the 2 DT's do settle on PSU and Nester does end up in HV as it will take away from the loss of Moore to USCe.

I'm more pessimistic about JHH and more optimistic about MAR. Otherwise, agree.

Isaac is #79 overall on the 247 composite, ranked #61 overall by 247 and #178 overall by Rivals. Had TWENTY FIVE sacks this year. 6-5, 210. Super quick. Offers from PSU, Alabama, Auburn, Texas A&M, Florida, LSU, Michigan, Tennessee, etc.
CBs are all 21 for Penn State.
  • iu
iu

Last edited:
Nahhh, the way it works now outside of maybe Harrison(nobody has a clue there)...the gurus get the answer, write the article, flock their CB's, and then let the kid announce even though it's already known. So basically short of the kid lying to them, it's over.

I see 3 crystal balls, not quite a 'flock'. Wiltfong, a OSU guy and a SC guy. All the PSU guys still have PSU as their pick

I think we might be surprised by how many early NFL draft entrants we have. Just a guess on my end but the more I read around the more I'm convinced it's a higher number than we expect.

Miller, Sanders, McGovern, Johnson, Reid, Bates all seem like there is some level of consideration there.

The Nittany Lions, led by assistant coaches Ja'Juan Seider, Tyler Bowen and Matt Limegrover, have been in Nester’s ear for a while. James Franklin visited Spring Valley in December and Penn State hosted Nester and teammates for a game back in October.
The 6-foot-6, 315-pound Nester is the nation’s No. 92 overall prospect and the No. 5 offensive guard according to the 247Sports Composite rankings, but is being recruited by the Nittany Lions as an offensive tackle. He’s the No. 106 overall prospect and the No. 5 offensive guard nationally by 247Sports.

We'll be seeing more of this in the future. #107 on the 247 composite overall. Offers from PSU, Auburn, Georgia, Texas, Clemson, FSU, LSU, Michigan, OSU, Oklahoma, Florida, Texas A&M, etc.

7 more seems like a lot but maybe. 6 would have to go. Miller + 2 others to the NFL? That means 3 more will retire or transfer.

I agree on all points except Nester. I think the fact that he won't sign until February is an indication hell stick with O$U.

Outside of those picks I think Harrison is the only other shot we have and everyone is all over the place with him which means nobody has a clue.

The analysts are saying that Nester could play tackle, though he’s probably more natural at guard - I’m thinking in the Bates mold. He’s 6’6.5”, so he’d absolutely have the length to play outside.

It seems that CJF and Limegrover are just bringing in OLinemen with nice size and athleticism, and if they end up with an OL class of Wallace, Wormley, Whigan and Nester it will surely cover all the OL positions. Wallace looks to likely have the athleticism to play outside, just as Bates has done, Whigan has played OT, and Nester has the size/length to play OT as well. Wormley seems to be the only true inside olinemen of that group. It's great that CJF is bringing in top OL recruits, the position that seems to be the biggest crap shoot when putting together a roster, and the coaches will sort out the strengths and weaknesses of each player as each matures to assemble better Olines than what we have seen in a while.

7 more seems like a lot but maybe. 6 would have to go. Miller + 2 others to the NFL? That means 3 more will retire or transfer.

I think there will be more leaving early or leaving the program than initially thought. For example, BFW and Humphries have both left the program freeing up some more scholarships.

Biggest remaining haul will come on the D-Line. Especially if some of our current D-Lineman don't stop doing dumb things, as one of the starters is being suspended for Citrus Bowl :confused:

Reactions: bmw199 and TheGLOV
I agree on all points except Nester. I think the fact that he won't sign until February is an indication hell stick with O$U.

Outside of those picks I think Harrison is the only other shot we have and everyone is all over the place with him which means nobody has a clue.
When was the last time Harrison visited PSU?

I think there will be more leaving early or leaving the program than initially thought. For example, BFW and Humphries have both left the program freeing up some more scholarships.

Biggest remaining haul will come on the D-Line. Especially if some of our current D-Lineman don't stop doing dumb things, as one of the starters is being suspended for Citrus Bowl :confused:

Who? Please dont tell me YGM

When was last time he visited Michigan or OSU?
He went to both after the white out - but that was more a function of the PSU/OSU game being earlier than it normally is. He went to the OSU/Michigan game at Ohio State and he visited Michigan for Michigan/Wisconsin in mid-October.

Those are the only (publicly known) visits he's taken since he took his official visits to all three in the summer.

Eleven Warriors had this paragraph at the end of a post about Nester visiting PSU...

"Penn State is reportedly telling Nester that offensive line coach Greg Studrawa will not be with the team next season, causing some confusion for the prospect."

What followed was about 100 posts calling Franklin every name in the book.

PhillyNut 21 HOURS AGO
Just complete douches.

NHBuckeye 22 HOURS AGO
Why does Penn State continue with these shithead tactics?

Mantis 22 HOURS AGO
God I ****ing hate Penn State...

Buckabroad 20 HOURS AGO
Agree. Of all the frauds in the CFB world, Franklin is the worst. He truly is devoid of any honor whatsoever.

CTBuckeyeFan 21 HOURS AGO
James Franklin should be sterilized, I’m not kidding

QuercusAlba 21 HOURS AGO
He's a dickhead. Looks like one even. Kick his ass next year, it's all we can do.

PhillyNut 21 HOURS AGO
Really would not mind one of our defensive ends "accidentally" running him over on a play that goes over to their sideline.

Then their recruiting writer says it wasn't PENN STATE and Franklin saying the OL coach wasn't guaranteed to be back.

Andrew Ellis STAFF 21 HOURS AGO
FWIW I don't think PSU is the one telling him that Stud will be gone.

Actionstanleyjackson 21 HOURS AGO
Prolly day himself and osu

Andrew Ellis STAFF 21 HOURS AGO
*emoji signifying nailed it*

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT