ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Does anyone believe Dunmore is 180 lbs? judging from that photo its more like 150.

he's 6-3 (looks same height as Smith). if he were 6-3 and 150 he'd float away in a slight breeze. So 180 probably isn't too far off. Still, he will want to put on around 20 pounds at PSU to help him absorb the pounding he'll get playing college FB.

Reactions: TheGLOV
he's 6-3 (looks same height as Smith). if he were 6-3 and 150 he'd float away in a slight breeze. So 180 probably isn't too far off. Still, he will want to put on around 20 pounds at PSU to help him absorb the pounding he'll get playing college FB.
Dunmore strikes me as a kid who will have no issues putting on some good weight once he gets into a college strength and nutrition program.

Dunmore strikes me as a kid who will have no issues putting on some good weight once he gets into a college strength and nutrition program.

He also strikes me as a player that can make plays at whatever weight he plays at early in his career, so he can take his time adding weight and contribute right away if the opportunity presents itself....

Nick Cross looking to take one more official visit to either Penn State, Georgia, or Maryland. . ,

Penn State was a major contender for Cross dating back to the spring and summer. They finished as the runner-up to the Seminoles. Despite that commitment, James Franklin and company continue to pursue him.

"It was pretty close," Cross said of his original decision. "My dad has always wanted me, Penn State was his number one choice, so it was really close. I developed a great relationship with the Penn State staff over the months. They were very adamant about getting me on an official. Unfortunately it didn't happen before I committed.

"They have always been there, even after I committed, they have been asking for the official," Cross added.

He’s barely 200lbs...

Unless you have evidence that you've weighed him, I'll go with his 247 listed weight of 208 lbs. Bigger than most top H.S. RB's. Sanders, #1 RB in 2016 247 ratings, was listed at 199 and he played as a a true freshman.

Cain also looks stronger than most top H.S. RB's and I expect him to play as a true freshman at PSU.

Jacquaze Sorrels - DT -- is his interest in PSU new? hadn't seen him mentioned by Phil or BWI before. seems like a solid recruit if we can get him.

I’ve seen his name come up in the last week. Seems like a South Carolina and Bama battle, with Penn State still being mentioned.

Unless you have evidence that you've weighed him, I'll go with his 247 listed weight of 208 lbs. Bigger than most top H.S. RB's. Sanders, #1 RB in 2016 247 ratings, was listed at 199 and he played as a a true freshman.

Cain also looks stronger than most top H.S. RB's and I expect him to play as a true freshman at PSU.
208 is barely 200 lbs from my perspective. I was responding to someone suggesting that Cain would be a FB.

208 is barely 200 lbs from my perspective. I was responding to someone suggesting that Cain would be a FB.

Right, not a FB. Not even Joe would have moved a top 10 running back to FB..... Would he??

But he sure is put together for a top RB recruit!!!

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...our-All-America-Day-3-Top-10-Plays-127153936/

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- The third day of work at the Under Armour All-America Game week took place Tuesday and it was the first full-padded work day of the entire event. The second level of mixing it up came in a literal sense as the two teams sent their defensive backs to cover the opponents' wide receivers for the first time. It create some highlight reel moments in the process.

247Sports breaks down the top 10 individual efforts of the Tuesday practice in the video above.

2. Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade Madonna Prep WR John Dunmore

The Penn State signee and crafty route-runner beat his defender deep and hauled in a long ball with all but one hand in the end zone.

Reactions: royboy

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...our-All-America-Day-3-Top-10-Plays-127153936/

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- The third day of work at the Under Armour All-America Game week took place Tuesday and it was the first full-padded work day of the entire event. The second level of mixing it up came in a literal sense as the two teams sent their defensive backs to cover the opponents' wide receivers for the first time. It create some highlight reel moments in the process.

247Sports breaks down the top 10 individual efforts of the Tuesday practice in the video above.

2. Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade Madonna Prep WR John Dunmore

The Penn State signee and crafty route-runner beat his defender deep and hauled in a long ball with all but one hand in the end zone.
Dunmore and Smith appear to be doing well down there. Then again as you know...we suck and are doomed because of JF. :rolleyes: Apparently Wallace has as the feet and size to play inside or out which is another bonus and need for this class.

Last edited:
@stormingnorm Had a really good post in here the other day, not sure what happened to it, but if going for 25 (7 more) then this is what makes the most sense:
  1. DT - Harrison-Hunte
  2. DT - Ellies
  3. DE - V. Smith
  4. OL - Nester
  5. WR - Henderson/Houston/Jones/yet to be offered
  6. Best available: S - Cross?
  7. Best available: DT - Sorrells?
Of course things don't happen based on what makes sense.

@stormingnorm Had a really good post in here the other day, not sure what happened to it, but if going for 25 (7 more) then this is what makes the most sense:
  1. DT - Harrison-Hunte
  2. DT - Ellies
  3. DE - V. Smith
  4. OL - Nester

Hard to believe we take that many more. I wonder how the bowl game affected recruit perception for Nester and Sorrells, or for any of them for that matter?

Hard to believe we take that many more. I wonder how the bowl game affected recruit perception for Nester and Sorrells, or for any of them for that matter?
There will be space for 25 when it is said and done, so I can't imagine not using scholarships that are available. I don't think the bowl game, especially a close loss to a top 15 team, matters one iota for these recruits.

Hard to believe?

Better just sit back today and watch the spots open up each hour.

Miller to NFL, McGovern to NFL, Darien to transfer. +3 for today alone and more to come.....

Edit: Bates to the NFL, now +4 for the day......

Last edited:
I doubt Georgia will miss a beat despite losing to a team ranked 10 spots lower. Overall perception is what matters, not one game

I agree for the kids who have been on board for a long time, but Nester and Sorrells in particular are already leaning toward other prestigious programs, and are both relatively recent in their interest for PSU.

1. DT - Harrison-Hunte
  2. DT - Ellies
  3. DE - V. Smith
  4. OL - Nester
Sure!!!! If they want to sign.

They would look at is as a challenge to help PSU become elite and get us over the hump!!

A recruit whose commitment is so fragile that a 3 point loss in a bowl game makes his knees buckle, is better off elsewhere. Otherwise, he would bail at the first bump in the road anyway.

Reactions: nittnee and TheGLOV
Kevin Givens +5 for the day.

OL

To me, Givens hurts the most. This year's DT rotation was real thin when judged against being "elite"..... and the rotation begins with the starters. The OL was not that outstanding this year so I'm not looking for that much drop off as the fight for OL starting spots plays out among some pretty talented young olinemen. But there is lots of PT available for some "elite" 2019 DT recruits to jump on board down the stretch. Obviously that is the focus for much of the remainder of the 2019 class.

Last edited:
Looks like we are at 84 right now with BFW leaving. That's not factoring Miller or anyone else leaving for the NFL. I'd have to believe we can easily get to 20 without any processing accusations.

Wasn't the 84 before Issac and Cain? So with +5 today CJF would have spots for about 5 more right now? There will surely be other transfers, so it's looking more like a 25 recruit class, or maybe more with a couple back dated to 2018....

Wasn't the 84 before Issac and Cain? So with +5 today CJF would have spots for about 5 more right now? There will surely be other transfers, so it's looking more like a 25 recruit class, or maybe more with a couple back dated to 2018....

I think after Isaac, before Cain.

Reactions: GregInPitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT