ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Really impressed by our guys

Ford is a stud. Need to get the ball in his hands next year

Smith- this game is not built for him (he's playing LB and D has to play man) and he's still making plays. So fluid for his size

MJjr- better thrower than I thought (that skills challenge video was concerning) and an awesome athlete. Has the ability to play another position if QB doesn't work

Haven't seen much of Cain and Dunmore

Cain looks very strong. I have been watching while doing other things and the announcing is pretty poor for those trying to follow individual players as they tend to talk about specific players and not tell you who is in the game and who made each play... so I really have not seen Dunmore at all either.

Smith closed quickly on a sack he had. Long, quick steps. He looks like a great player. When he puts on a few pounds he could be a clone of Parsons.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
My only real concern for next year after the last week of early departures and watching this game is how our OL and DL matches up next year against elite competition. Losing Bates hurts because it requires Fries and ? to really improve. We are going to be loaded at the skill positions. I think we have the horses along the DL with the last few recruiting classes to have imroved DL play and a bettter rotation. It is fortunate we do not play elite competition early in the season.

Someone needs to let Micah know that his team lost.
It’s a different era. It’s about “building your brand”. Wins and losses don’t mean as much as it used to. The Buffalo Bills players were doing a choreographed group selfie celebration last week after scoring a td. Their poor record and irrelevance in the league be damned.

Parsons would destroy Cain at their current weight. Is this what you want to see? SB vs Parsons would be great though....
Yeah I do want to see it. I guess this Spring or whenever Cain enrolls he shouldn't even bother going against Parsons. Don't sell Cain short, pads will be poppin

This thread has really gone downhill since the early signing period finished. There has been no useful information related to any current or potential recruits that could sign with us in February 2019. Lets please get this thread back on track, thank you.

This thread has really gone downhill since the early signing period finished. There has been no useful information related to any current or potential recruits that could sign with us in February 2019. Lets please get this thread back on track, thank you.
Did you know you can sharpen scissors by cutting steel wool ?

Did you see the clips from the All American game last night in this thread?

Why don't you go out and find relevant recruiting information to share with the group rather than complaining you aren't getting enough free stuff, thank you.

You realize we're in the middle of a dead/queit period in recruiting. If you dind't realize that, now you know why.

Did you see the clips from the All American game last night in this thread?

Why don't you go out and find relevant recruiting information to share with the group rather than complaining you aren't getting enough free stuff, thank you.

You realize we're in the middle of a dead/queit period in recruiting. If you dind't realize that, now you know why.
I’m not complaining myself, but I think the intent was to focus on recruiting of available players and not ones that already signed their LOI. No dog in the fight, but I get the point.

I’m not complaining myself, but I think the intent was to focus on recruiting of available players and not ones that already signed their LOI. No dog in the fight, but I get the point.
It is, but again...it's a dead period. New names are going to pop up very quickly very soon. Limited pool and limited time to get folks on campus.

LOL Rivals article by MF must be based on some other game, I think he was too busy justifying the high grades by Rivals on avg performing players.
He couldn't ignore the incoming PSU linebacker who should have been rated a five star all along. JMHO.

Everyone should feel free to find and provide this information themselves rather than just sit back and wait for Judge to post it

LOL Rivals article by MF must be based on some other game, I think he was too busy justifying the high grades by Rivals on avg performing players.
He couldn't ignore the incoming PSU linebacker who should have been rated a five star all along. JMHO.

His assessment is really the only one that is bearish on MJJ's performance, everyone else has been raving about him.

Can't say I really ever take MF seriously, though.

Reactions: eidolon21
Benny Snell got a good dose of #11...

In that that pic it looks like he is tackling the ball carrier forward pushing him for a extra half yard, that is not a good tackle. Take the right angle and don't over run the ball- and tackle the ball carrier head up and take him down for a loss or no gain or dead in his tracks.

Last edited:

I'd say Sorrells and Henderson saying at the UA practices that they want to visit PSU is recruiting news. (granted Henderson just committed to UF yesterday but has visits still scheduled)

I would think Nick Cross saying he might still official to PSU even though he is committed to FSU is also recruiting news.

All of that was posted in the last 4 days.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
A couple of posters have made references to game reviews of our Penn State commits in the All America Game. What's stopping everyone from posting those links? I see this happening all the time. People randomly refer to a recruit's impressive hudl videos, or they'll reference a new article they've read -- it would be really nice if posters started thinking, "How can I add value to this post? Is there a link I can paste?" It would also be great if posters got a little more proactive in their search for information rather than relying on the same small handful of people to gather all the free information. Get on twitter and start typing keywords into the search function, then bring the results back here. Take it upon yourself to deliver value.

Interview with Zach Harrison. Loy asks which staff was his favorite (outside of osu). Zach says penn state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT