ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2023 Transfer Portal news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally Bernie Truax has an awful experience in Iowa City this weekend or takes 1 Look at the midget coaches and wonders, “how you guys gonna make me better”?
I'm Ok with him having a good time, but having a great time in State College and hitting it off with the other wrestlers and coaches.

Here is your exact quote ".I was calling out those who are claiming he's going to be just fine". No where does it say "I'm calling out posters who resorted to childish name calling and attacking.", You making the narrative fit your story now. Self-defense is a legal term to protect you from a crime and in no way a reason to respond in message boards. That show immaturity but guess you can lump me in with the detractors rather than accept advice,
Frankly it is boring and tedious. We get it: a bunch of you hate one poster. Get over it and let's talk wrestling.

Reactions: jsn4388 and jack66
Shane went to Bergen, right? I doubt Rutgers' MBA program is all that, but proximity to Wall Street may be a draw. I could see it, maybe.

Shane went to Bergen, right? I doubt Rutgers' MBA program is all that, but proximity to Wall Street may be a draw. I could see it, maybe.
He has two Stanford degrees already, right? He could just throw the Rutgers MBA in the trash or not even complete it when his eligibility is up, and it wouldn't affect his job prospects in any way at all.

He has two Stanford degrees already, right? He could just throw the Rutgers MBA in the trash or not even complete it when his eligibility is up, and it wouldn't affect his job prospects in any way at all.
Yeah, but in his post-NCAA interview, he said something to the effect of if he transfers it will be for academic/career path reasons primarily.

Last edited:
He did go to Bergen and he is from Jersey. After spending 5-6 years away, maybe he just wants to be closer to family.

I also feel like sometimes we look to into grad school programs, and i do wonder how many companies would hire someone based on where they received their MBA. But i do think the attraction of being closer to family and getting a job on Wall Street upon graduation appeals to him more

Reactions: nerfstate
I don't think Shane is going for his MBA right now. Not something he would be able to get in a year (not a worthwhile one right now) I think he got his Masters in just general Communications or Management from Stanford to stay in school and he just wants to work after getting some nice NIL money.

How do we define top 10? In the NCAA division 1? In B1G? Perhaps it would be kinder to Rutgers to define it as top 10 in their division of the B1G, until we grow even larger.;)
To help our Rutgers" brothers out out, Top 10 in the the state of NewJersey.

Umm....I told u guys. Lol
giphy.gif

This news legitimately takes a lot of wind out of my sails not only as a Minnesota wrestling fan but as a college wrestling fan in general. I wish him the best of luck at PSU. He will do great things for y’all.
I apologize if what you say is true but ... is it actually a done deal to PSU?

Either way, his development at Minnesota was outstanding along with multiple other guys you've had (and you're fine at 133 next year regardless)

This news legitimately takes a lot of wind out of my sails not only as a Minnesota wrestling fan but as a college wrestling fan in general. I wish him the best of luck at PSU. He will do great things for y’all.
I'm still sceptical. Our resident insider Psugo said we were bringing in a 125 not a 133 like I had predicted. I'm holding out hope he is wrong.

Ok, so he's in the portal. If you read Mineo's comment he has a qualifier saying if he goes to Penn State. He could be going to Iowa for all we know, right?

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Please, please tell me it's not an extended April fools joke. WHy would Cael be visiting Cannon if Nagao was coming in?
I'm gonna guess Nagao got the idea Cael was shopping for a 133, hit the portal and reached out as quickly he could.

I'm also gonna guess it's not a done deal and Iowa will be all over him to keep this from happening.

Shopping? It's clear why Cannon hit the portal, same reason Davison, DeAugustino all did. Their HC has a foot out the door clearly. It worked nicely that PSU needs a 133 so I'm sure we were/are in touch with Cannon. Hard to say just because Cannon was available that Cael was "shopping"

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT