ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2023 Transfer Portal news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing someone's potential for future injury (injury has not occurred and may never occur) to someone's injury that has factually occurred is unequivocally wrong analogically. An NFL team has a player take a physical to ensure they are physically fit and may decide not to sign them based on predictability of future injury (ligament damage, imbalance of strength due to previous injury, etc.) however an NFL team cannot have a player get inured and not fulfill their contracted obligations due to the injury. That is an analogy to his analogy. The underlying factors in his analogy are not closely relatable as he is comparing injury but one is present and the other is speculative.
OMG, it’s time to let it go.

I’d like to make a motion:

1) Certain folks go back to posting whatever they want however they want and whenever they want.

2) Others go back to ignoring posters or at least not responding to posts they don’t like.

3) No one calls anyone an idiot. (Use “moran” instead”.)

Is there a second?

1) Certain folks go back to posting whatever they want however they want and whenever they want.

2) Others go back to ignoring posters or at least not responding to posts they don’t like.

Is there a second?
Yeah, I’ll second that one.

PS - you misspelled “moron”. 😁

Is there a second?
How about no Name calling at all? That takes Jeffie out completely since he can't make a single reply without calling names.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Comparing someone's potential for future injury (injury has not occurred and may never occur) to someone's injury that has factually occurred is unequivocally wrong analogically. An NFL team has a player take a physical to ensure they are physically fit and may decide not to sign them based on predictability of future injury (ligament damage, imbalance of strength due to previous injury, etc.) however an NFL team cannot have a player get inured and not fulfill their contracted obligations due to the injury. That is an analogy to his analogy. The underlying factors in his analogy are not closely relatable as he is comparing injury but one is present and the other is speculative.
Well he did say it was a given and that Howard is hurt and will get hurt again and not potentially getting hurt so there's that. I get your logic and you are not wrong.

Is Ryan Sullivan on campus? Sorry, didn't know which thread to put this in. If I reference Cannon to 133 do I get a pass, LOL.

Guessing Michigan. They desperately need a HWT (presumed starter is career 10-15), and it would be a great training environment for him.
Mineo is saying slavakuski to Michigan….who knows how accurate that is though

2x AA heavyweight Lucas Davison is now in the portal per Flo. I wonder if he’ll stay in the B1G or head to the Big 12 or EIWA or somewhere along those lines
Northwestern loses a lot of good wrestlers. With Cannon and Davison in the portal, they don’t have much left. They can’t keep a good wrestler going in that program. Micic and Seabass left. Michael Beard and Cass were once committed there as well.

They just had Ryan Deakin win a national championship as a senior, he stuck around and reached the highest level.

Storniolo has done a great job given the academic and severe roster limitations NW has. I think in general you are going to see way more graduate transfers in the portal era, especially leaving elite undergrad programs. The Covid year also screwed things up, Cannon had 4 years there and graduated but just finished his sophomore year.

Davidson's brother isn't in the portal, so likely not a "bad blood" thing but merely an opportunity to find his next school for a graduate degree.

I admittedly don't have an overall concrete point, but I don't think think the sky is falling at NW because of these graduate transfers, as much as it'll hurt the program.

The only thing stopping Michigan is they definitely already are a done deal for the Harvard heavy. That being said, Davison is obviously levels better, nothing stopping them from bringing him in also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT