ADVERTISEMENT

2021 B1G Tournament

Kinda feels like the blood round for some of the guys tonight. First round of wrestle backs went well let's keep it rolling

The semis usually are more exciting than the finals. RBY start the ball rolling!!

Reactions: diggerpup
Is this round on BTN+? What time do consi's start?
I honestly don't know. I get BTN+ every season except this one. When Covid hit, I couldn't cancel it from last year. It took 6 months to finally cancel.

Reactions: pish69
I’m just grateful to be able to watch the B1G tournament. We get to see these young competitors develop in real time.

Somewhat related: I can’t understand the need to criticize our wrestlers. I’m not sure how that makes anyone feel good about themselves. The vitriol displayed by some in the session 1 thread was embarrassing.

giphy.gif

I’m just grateful to be able to watch the B1G tournament. We get to see these young competitors develop in real time.

Somewhat related: I can’t understand the need to criticize our wrestlers. I’m not sure how that makes anyone feel good about themselves. The vitriol displayed by some in the session 1 thread was embarrassing.
Most of the criticism was not from people who contribute to this board.

What I saw in Session 1 was a team of youngsters that were afraid to create a scramble situation. We have watched numerous guys over the past decade wrestle fearless. Some of it is experience and some of it is confidence. I actually thought Kirk wrestled very relaxed and tried to create some opportunities.
He just was wrestling an ox on 2 legs.
Joe Lee is wrestling scared. Most of the guys that need a decent showing are afraid of making that big mistake.
If a couple guys get qualified I think you'll see more offense.

Outrage is not only a drug but a currency.

Reactions: Reslo
Most of the criticism was not from people who contribute to this board.

I am aware it was mostly interlopers. Doesn’t discount the unabashed asshattery that was on full display. Expecting reasonable reactions to undesirable results from football bros is probably more of a failing on my part.

Reactions: Brian LB-U
Session II has semifinal matches on Mats 2 & 3. On Mats 1 & 4, there will be 2 rounds of consolation matches (to start -- I think they will go to 4 mats of consolations after the semifinals are completed, but I'm not certain of that).

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT