ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Southern scuffle

Dammit my Flo went out in the 3rd period of Nevills match. I didn't see the ending.

Edit:
I was able to rewatch and fast forward to where I lost feed.

Nevills down 4-3 in 3rd gets super aggressive.. gets the stall call… then throws (trips?) other wrestler to back and gets the fall at about 6 mins. Other wrestler gets up ticked off… very chirpy… ref has to calm him down. Don’t know why.
maybe the Starocci Switch? Did we ever get the lowdown on what sent Carter off in the last match before Christmas.

I’ll take commercials between action if it keeps the cost down.

Well, we have to deal with commercials wrapping over into many first periods on Byers duals calls. Frustrates the hell out of me. I wouldn't be the wiser if I wasn't watching Big10+ while listening to him, but it happens way too much. He handles it well, and you wouldn't know if only listening to the audio alone.

Yeah I think it is pretty crystal clear now. Between Alex's demonstrated level at the Scuffle and Spencer's situation, pulling his shirt makes zero sense. Were looking good.

Iowa's non studs are struggling. Strange rumors about re: Kem. I think Michigan is starting to look like the stronger tourney opponent right now.

Let's just stay healthy and kick some butt.

Reactions: NittanyChris
We all are more chippy than our football team was today! Maybe Franklin can use us to motivate the team to actually play in the 2nd half ... or help him make adjustments.

Reactions: Zukovski and royboy
Nevills down 4-3 in 3rd gets super aggressive.. gets the stall call… then throws (trips?) other wrestler to back and gets the fall at about 6 mins. Other wrestler gets up ticked off… very chirpy… ref has to calm him down. Don’t know why.
Something happened as they were untangling after the pin.

That’s a huge win for Donovan Ball. Colton Hawks was our Jr. world team member this summer and people are pretty high on him. It was a fun match to watch and Ball looked pretty good.

I know I’m a bigger Facundo fan than most but I can’t believe some of the takes on here. I understand the ones saying his shirt shouldn’t be pulled and he needs to get to his offense more. I come away from his match with Bullard encouraged though. Bullard didn’t take a single attack while Alex was in on his legs consistently throughout the match. If they meet up again on the backside I would be very confident in Alex winning. I only see the very top guys putting it on him right now and otherwise I see him in 1 or 2 point matches with everyone from about 5th ranked on down. Rose colored glasses on..maybe but the kid I’d damn good and only going to get better. If he wins his next consi match he gets the loser of Kennedy-Hall. That is another great measuring stick. I personally think Kennedy beats Hall and then Alex does as well. Hopefully we find out

. . . Zain as a freshman played a part in PSU winning a team title. It possibly kept Zain from being a 4 time champ.
Yeah, I’m not sure why it is so hard for people to get this. Facundo and/or his coaches may want to see maximum production (as an individual) 4 out of his 4 prospective years of competition, not just 3 out of 4 by burning a year in which his potential is only just developing.

Regardless, there is no decision to be made right now. It is January 1st. To borrow a phrase from @El-Jefe , some try too hard to be message board geniuses.

That’s a huge win for Donovan Ball. Colton Hawks was our Jr. world team member this summer and people are pretty high on him. It was a fun match to watch and Ball looked pretty good.

I know I’m a bigger Facundo fan than most but I can’t believe some of the takes on here. I understand the ones saying his shirt shouldn’t be pulled and he needs to get to his offense more. I come away from his match with Bullard encouraged though. Bullard didn’t take a single attack while Alex was in on his legs consistently throughout the match. If they meet up again on the backside I would be very confident in Alex winning. I only see the very top guys putting it on him right now and otherwise I see him in 1 or 2 point matches with everyone from about 5th ranked on down. Rose colored glasses on..maybe but the kid I’d damn good and only going to get better. If he wins his next consi match he gets the loser of Kennedy-Hall. That is another great measuring stick. I personally think Kennedy beats Hall and then Alex does as well. Hopefully we find out
Ball looks like he could start at a lot of schools. High gas tank too.

Reactions: creamery freak
Didn’t we pull Jimmy G also with Zain? McIntosh freshman year he went 1-2 also

Ayala two first period TDs. Second one was a real slick single leg. 4-1 with 0:31 RT after one.

Surtin escape maybe 15 secs in (no clock on feed). 4-2. Ayala throw by 6-2 (first TD in first period was also a throw by). Escape Surtin. 6-3. Surtin shoots and Ayala easily works to stalemate.

Ayala takes neutral up 6-3 to start third. Ayala shot and TD. 8-3 in 3rd. Ayala now riding instead of cutting him; not sure why as he has dominated on feet. Showing good riding skills and mat returns.

With RP Ayala takes match over #12 Surtin 9-3.

Reactions: danoftw
Alex Meyer beat Mark Hall in a dual. So I’ll wait and see on that one.
Ayala is a young up and coming hammer. He’s wrestling pretty decent competition and in the swing of things. Hilderbrandt was retired , decided he wasn’t, hasn’t been on the mat in competition since March. A lot of weight on the Drake Ayala side.

Stupid Iowa. I’m posting about Ayala and missing Meredith in semifinals. Russell wins 9-2 over a very game Meredith. A 4 pt TD to back was a biggie in it.

edit: quarterfinal i meant

Last edited:
I know Mineo is a shaky source for sure, but he just tweeted Kemerer is done for the year.
I don't see Kem coming back. He was the last on the team to agree to come back this year. Spencer yes, or at least he will try. I think Kemdog rides out into the sunset.

Joe Lee double-deck mat 2; Bearclaw same on mat 5

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT