ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Southern scuffle

Didn’t we pull Jimmy G also with Zain? McIntosh freshman year he went 1-2 also
jimmy g didn't get pulled. went 2-4 his redshirt year, then had a middling rsfr year before having a great sophomore year where he lost to clark in the semis.

Joe Lee seems to come out on the wrong side of most throws, scrambles, and 50-50 positions.

Reactions: donboy6499
J Lee vs C Saldate (Mich St)

Quarterfinal match. Saldate is UR but 13-1 on the season.

J Lee with first shot 40 secs in. Straight on and easily stuffed by Saldate. Lost my feed for a bit. 0-0 after one.

JLee takes bottom. Up to feet immediately; out in 7 secs. Impressive escape; even avoided being pushed OOB. 1-0 good guys.

Lee with nice shot off of Saldate shot. Saldate whizzers hard and works to arm bar. Gets TD. 1-2 bad guys.

restart at 0:27. Maybe potentially dangerous with arm bar. Lee gets in a funky move and Saldate gets 4 back points. 1-6 bad guys after two.

Saldate takes bottom to start 3rd. Reversal in 14 secs makes it 1-8 bad guys. Saldate riding… OOB 0:52 left. Restart. Lee flattened out after roll. Stalling against JLee. About 2:23 of RT makes the final 1-9 bad guys.

Can't watch Joe Lee anymore. It's incredible how not smart a wrestler he is.
Yeah, whoever it was that ask if anybody was against trying Joe at 157 again, my vote doesn't count, but I vote to not try Joe at 157 again. I also vote to not try Joe at 165 either.

Just for the hell of it I would like to see what Joe Lee could do if he would develop a gas tank.

There is literally not one shred of good info backing that up. It was fabricated on these boards in the last 4 hours. Lol.

Honestly you’re probably right. He prolly read that post someone said “they heard from a guy in an Iowa shirt at the scuffle” and went for it on Twitter.
For what it's worth, check page 2, post #51 of the Spencer thread on the Hawkeye board. This is where the Kem rumors started.

It isn't all that difficult to figure out. There is a single way to effectively build a bigger gas tank.

Two ways
WelldocumentedLawfulEnglishpointer-size_restricted.gif

589138b21d0c19b4451854b3c5f0c6dff6f3ed61.gif

Facundo vs Caleb Fish (Mich St)

Facundo gets taken down late in second period.. down 2-4 to start 3rd. Starts 3rd on feet after giving one to start neutral. Some good shots from AF, but can’t seem to finish. AF earns a stall point. 3-5 bad guys. Match ends 3-5. Facundo’s tournament ends.

Reactions: danoftw
Not a particularly encouraging showing from Facundo. Think he’ll be fine, but he’s just nowhere near ready right now.
No where near.

He looked undersized against msu. Had no strength. No corners and then of course desperation shots just waste time.

His shirt is fire engine red for sure.

Reactions: diggerpup
Not a particularly encouraging showing from Facundo. Think he’ll be fine, but he’s just nowhere near ready right now.
I am OK with what I saw. Of course I am not one of the guys who believe we have to have 10 guys in the top 3 to stand a chance at nationals. That isn't to mean you are either.
I saw a kid who fired off a fairly high rate of offensive attacks, but also a kid who currently lacks the skill set to finish those shots against guys who are tough and don't just surrender points. What the kid lacks is something the PSU staff is great at teaching.

Moving forward, Edsell is our 165 pounder this year and the staff has 2.5 months to fine tune some of his issues. Edsell is tough enough to possibly run to the blood round.

Facundo is a kid who will AA next year and most likely challenge for titles his last 3 years.

At this point, I'm just hoping Beard can get a bit of revenge on Caffey and Elam. That and maybe Ball makes some noise on the backside.

Reactions: hlstone
I do believe that had DT decided to wrestle as a true freshman by the end of the season he would have been ready, but by golly there was one helluva difference between that intrasquad match with Cyler and DT the next year.
By the end of Nico's freshman year he was obviously ready, and miles distanced from his first match against Sanders.
Mark was ready to roll as a true freshman.

Jason and Bo weren't ready by the scuffle their freshman years.

Zain as a freshman played a part in PSU winning a team title. It possibly kept Zain from being a 4 time champ.
Jason and Bo had outstanding Scuffles their redshirt year!

Finesilver takes out a very gimpy Chittum, impressive run nonetheless. Probably should have injury defaulted but gutted it out

I disagree. He is very good at getting to shots. He was deep. Future looks bright for him!

He’s not Spencer Lee (no one is) but he certainly looks like an AA.
Maybe Ayala was giving Lee tough time at practice and Spencer realized that his knees were going to probably stop him from winning his 4th title.
If you recall that's kinda what happened to him at PIAAs. Bad knee cost him his 4th.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
My concern with Facundo is less result and more performances. A lot of his shots are doubles from space with no setup or ducks from space with again no setup. They’re just not good shots. He’s not working angles very well and didn’t do so in HS against top competition.

However, he’s far from a finished product and another year of progression should be very good for him.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT