ADVERTISEMENT

2023 US Open

You can't be serious. Please reference their NCAA final match:

Suriano could only score a gift escape point with just seconds remaining.
And, Lee did have double ACL surgery not longer after stepping away that season. I forgot, he tore them both on purpose to avoid Suriano.
This is total BS take.
I think the "Spencer is ducking Suriano" take is absurd.

Having said that, people so concerned about the effects of injury on one guy's ability to wrestle never seem to acknowledge that Suriano was in the hospital a couple weeks before this match.

I think the "Spencer is ducking Suriano" take is absurd.

Having said that, people so concerned about the effects of injury on one guy's ability to wrestle never seem to acknowledge that Suriano was in the hospital a couple weeks before this match.
Interesting. Will have to admit to not knowing that about Suriano. I'm sure we all know, many of these athletes are far less than 100% at any given time, and it's not really our business. I'm going to try to stop derailing this thread now. U.S. Open only from this point.

Who cares about their family image though (other than them) to give such an interview? I could not pick many of the PSU parents out of a lineup, unless Cenzo’s mom had her white hat on! It should be about the wrestler, not the family. It’s very dysfunctional.
I bet you could pick out Iowa's daddy.

IdleWellinformedDeinonychus_size_restricted.gif

You can't be serious. Please reference their NCAA final match:

Suriano could only score a gift escape point with just seconds remaining.
And, Lee did have double ACL surgery not longer after stepping away that season. I forgot, he tore them both on purpose to avoid Suriano.
This is total BS take.
You still in Vegas, Lar?

It definitely got chippy. I’m pretty sure those 2 don’t like each other much which should lead to a great match. AB’s defense has gotten so good and he’s really controlling people with his underhook. Will be interesting to see if he can use it to control space against Zahid. I’m picking AB but feel like it’s a true toss up match. I’m also not a Zahid fan so I’d love to see AB beat him and have 2 NLWC/PSU guys ahead of him. I would also love/hate to see a best of 3 between AB/DT. Don’t think AB is quite ready to take out DT but these young guys don’t seem to be intimidated and have come to wrestle. Never thought the Bartlett/Lee match would be so close
If AB wins, it would be hilarious if he gave Valencia a pat on the rear right after the final whistle.

#bosayshibytheway

Last edited:
I have an idea! Over on GIA, they complain about all the Penn State wrestling fans who post there, talking about Iowa wrestling. Over here, we have the same problem. Maybe we should start a new forum here that is specifically for Penn State fans to talk Iowa wrestling. Just a thought.
Having observed both there is significantly more PSU fans posting on GIA than the opposite. I guess that can be expected as you are less likely to draw attention to yourself when in a position of weakness and more likely to boast when in position of strength.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I have an idea! Over on GIA, they complain about all the Penn State wrestling fans who post there, talking about Iowa wrestling. Over here, we have the same problem. Maybe we should start a new forum here that is specifically for Penn State fans to talk Iowa wrestling. Just a thought.
Wouldn’t last long. It isn't very often that you can say something NEW about Iowa Wrestling.

Having observed both there is significantly more PSU fans posting on GIA than the opposite. I guess that can be expected as you are less likely to draw attention to yourself when in a position of weakness and more likely to boast when in position of strength.
My observation is that we have way too many penn state wrestling fans posting about Iowa wrestling here too, as does GIA—seems popular enough to support its own forum, freeing up this one to be more about nittany lions.

Nebraska's tough 197 Silas Allred - who handled Max Dean twice in March - has made hay on the backside.

Starting unseeded, he's wrestled his way into the 3rd place match at 97kg - which is 17 lbs heavier than his college weight.

Noteable achievement for the redshirt freshman Cornhusker.

I find HVI’s moderators to be less tolerant of trolls.

Carter clearly got injured. It’s not like others haven’t done it. Happens a lot.

Lee self created his own standard, boasting in the process, and has a repeating pattern in tournament losses followed by personal silence. The Dad 30 on 30 episode just made it even weirder.
Carter was dinged up several weeks ago and was seen with a heavy wrap on right leg and on crutches. Surprised he even competed.

Posted this on GIA(HR), but thought some on here would find it useful as well when watching the finals tonight.

A few notes:

These are 1 match finals.

Winners at all 10 weights will earn a spot at Final X

61, 92, and HWT will have another tourny next month(WTT Challenge) to determine 2nd spot at Final X. The other 7 weights all have returning World medalists sitting in Final X

The World team allows 3 wrestlers per weight. Because of this, there may be a "true 2nd" in certain cases. For the 7 weights that already have a medalist sitting, the Open is used for determining the top 3 wrestlers. 61, 92, and HWT will be decided after WTT Challenge. True 2nd only occurs if the 3rd place finisher and 2nd place finisher did not wrestle each other. The true 2nd match would take place during Final X.

One last thing, if any of the top 3 wrestlers listed above is age eligible, they would be offered the U23 spot.

Last edited:
Posted this on GIA(HR), but thought some on here would find it useful as well when watching the finals tonight.

A few notes:

These are 1 match finals.

Winners at all 10 weights will earn a spot at Final X

61, 92, and HWT will have another tourny next month(Last Chance) to determine 2nd spot at Final X. The other 7 weights all have returning World medalists sitting in Final X

The World team allows 3 wrestlers per weight. Because of this, there may be a "true 2nd" in certain cases. For the 7 weights that already have a medalist sitting, the Open is used for determining the top 3 wrestlers. 61, 92, and HWT will be decided after Last Chance. True 2nd only occurs if the 3rd place finisher and 2nd place finisher did not wrestle each other. The true 2nd match would take place during Final X.

One last thing, if any of the top 3 wrestlers listed above is age eligible, they would be offered the U23 spot.
So Beau has the U23 spot?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT