ADVERTISEMENT

2023 US Open

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Sounds like a lot of IFs, but remember Starocci was in a similar situation last year and Joseph opted to not wrestle for "true 3rd". Could see the same if McKenna were to lose to Lee.

Not yet. He would need a few things to happen. He needs to take 3rd AND Lee needs to win. If both of those happen, he would wrestle McKenna at Final X for the 3rd spot on the Sr team. Win that, and the U23 spot is his.
Oh yeah - he didn’t wrestle the 3rd place match yet. Good info. Thx.

Reactions: AgSurfer and jrod65
Kolodzik has looked good this weekend. Should be a fun match. Would love to see Lee take out McKenna, he’s super tough, and obviously some history there.

Kolodzik has looked good this weekend. Should be a fun match. Would love to see Lee take out McKenna, he’s super tough, and obviously some history there.
Nick needs to not be winded like he was against Beau. Mckenna is very very good.

Reactions: nerfstate
Guilford with a pushout and a big 4 in the 1st again Gray. Gray did a great job fighting off her back!

Another pushout for Guilford and she's up 6-0 at the break. Time off and Grandfather Time seems to have caught up with Adeline. Crazy she is even on the mat this soon after having twins!

Another pushout off of a single for Guilford. Adeline just can't seem to get through Guilford strength. Another pushout off of a single leg counter for Guilford. 8-0.

Step-out and caution 1 for Gray. Another step out and caution 1 for Gray. ANOTHER STEP OUT AND CAUTION 1 and Gray wins by disqualification!

Last edited:
Guilford with a pushout and a big 4 in the 1st again Gray. Gray did a great job fighting off her back!

Another pushout for Guilford and she's up 6-0 at the break. Time off and Grandfather Time seems to have caught up with Adeline. Crazy she is even on the mat this soon after having twins!

Another pushout off of a single for Guilford. Adeline just can't seem to get through Guilford strength. Another pushout off of a single leg counter for Guilford. 8-0.

Step-out and caution 1 for Gray. Another step out and caution 1 for Gray. ANOTHER STEP OUT AND CAUTION 1 and Gray wins by disqualification!

Crazy finish. Guilford just refused to engage, constant backpedaling.

Reactions: OzarkLion
Kennedy Blades is tough! Takedown and exposure. Another takedown. Pushout. 7-0 with 1:50 left in the 1st.

Makoyed with a takedown on the edge. 7-2. Challenged to see if Makoyed went OOB. Call upheld 7-3. Another TD on a counter for Makoyed, 7-5 with 1:00 remaining. Another TD on a counter for Makoyed. Blades reverses to Makoyed's back! Makoyed fights it off and they end the first 9-7 Blades. Fun match so far!

Blades TD on a counter and takes Makoyed to her back. Gets the fall 0:57 into the 2nd!

Kennedy Blades is tough! Takedown and exposure. Another takedown. Pushout. 7-0 with 1:50 left in the 1st.

Makoyed with a takedown on the edge. 7-2. Challenged to see if Makoyed went OOB. Call upheld 7-3. Another TD on a counter for Makoyed, 7-5 with 1:00 remaining. Another TD on a counter for Makoyed. Blades reverses to Makoyed's back! Makoyed fights it off and they end the first 9-7 Blades. Fun match so far!

Blades TD on a counter and takes Makoyed to her back. Gets the fall 0:57 into the 2nd!
Thanks for the PBP

Those 4 women are something else! Them plus Welker is possibly the best 5 at a single weight. Sucks that only 1 gets to represent the US at worlds. I’m pretty sure Blades is going to be too much for Adeline but experience does matter

Reactions: jrod65
Those 4 women are something else! Them plus Welker is possibly the best 5 at a single weight. Sucks that only 1 gets to represent the US at worlds. I’m pretty sure Blades is going to be too much for Adeline but experience does matter

100% agree with all of this.

Great thing about 76kgs is that we get to see it again at Last Chance, minus tomorrow's champ. Everyone still has a shot at making the World team.

I just love that the WFS product is just as fun to watch as the men. These ladies come to scrap! It's no wonder women's wrestling has grown as quickly as it has.
Women’s wrestling has gotten so much better and it’s a great product now. So many great young women about to take over as well. Wrestlers like Katie Gomez who was cadet world champ last year and is now in the finals on the senior level and Audrey Jimenez who was 2nd at U20’s last year and also just made the finals today. Jimenez is from the same high school as RBY. I’m not sure we are ready to dethrone Japan but we are definitely making strides

Reactions: OzarkLion
Women’s wrestling has gotten so much better and it’s a great product now. So many great young women about to take over as well. Wrestlers like Katie Gomez who was cadet world champ last year and is now in the finals on the senior level and Audrey Jimenez who was 2nd at U20’s last year and also just made the finals today. Jimenez is from the same high school as RBY. I’m not sure we are ready to dethrone Japan but we are definitely making strides
With the Blades sisters, Amit Elor, Rose Cassioppi, Guilford, Jimenez (who just teched Golston!) and others, we have great talent and they are YOUNG! To your point, we likely aren't beating Japan, but we aren't losing to their 3rd team anymore either.

Dude, you need to change your avatar. Once again, I was reading quickly and had the avatar in peripheral vision, thought you were LoneWolfie, and almost gave you The Office door-close gif.

@Brian LB-U — same goes for you, bud.

And I mean this in the nicest way possible!🙂💙
((Searches Profile for avatar on mobile to see if there’s something hidden that I’m missing)). Wait, @slushhead, are you referring to the DT picture?? What’s wrong with it? 😀

Wow. That Caution and 1 was sort of suspect.

Zane Richards always surprises me. In my head, the best guys should just roll through him, but he is always in it! Definitely a guy who has peaked after college but just hasn't been able to reach the top.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT