ADVERTISEMENT

2023 US Open

2 hours before. Starts at 1, I think.

But, yeah, no idea why the brackets aren't up there yet.
I know why, it's because wrestling is the only sport that purposefully makes it harder for its fans to follow. If they put up the brackets we'd be able to see matchups, put alerts on wrestlers we want to see and plan our day out. This way we'll end up missing good matchups and be pissed at them for ruining what should have been a great event.

I hope Dallas takes another future bust with a checkered past. They will at some point this weekend, hopefully tonight.

And I hope the Commies reach for a 4th round projection in the 1st. Or they sell the farm to trade up for Connecticut Tebow.
Like CeeDee Lamb or Micah Parsons?

Reactions: mn78psu83
I hope Dallas takes another future bust with a checkered past. They will at some point this weekend, hopefully tonight.

And I hope the Commies reach for a 4th round projection in the 1st. Or they sell the farm to trade up for Connecticut Tebow.
James Milner Lfc GIF by Liverpool FC

• Haha
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
You guys mostly Steelers or Eagles fans? Mix of both? Who do you have want your team to get today?
Every once in a while you see one of those "majority support" NFL maps. State College is typically right at, or near the line between Eagles and Steelers, but in my awareness, most of the true locals (not college students, which is probaby pretty close to 50/50) support Pittsburgh teams--until you start getting a bit further east--like Lock Haven/Williamsport/Lewistown.

I'm a Minnesota pro sports fan (Dad is from there)--so when it comes to the NFL, I'm a perennial glutton for false hope and innevitable self-hatred.

You guys mostly Steelers or Eagles fans? Mix of both? Who do you have want your team to get today?
Steelers (even though I actually live in Eastern PA). They have the 17th and 32nd picks (which is technically the first pick tomorrow this year), and I'd be shocked if it isn't a tackle and a corner between the two picks. I'm guessing corner tonight. Everyone mocks Joey Porter Jr to the Steelers for obvious reasons, and he would be fine, but there are a lot of good corners in this draft.

Reactions: Verolion
any idea where mat assignments will be? Didn't see in track and unsure if Floarena will have

Post on GIA where he said he was sick and a no go.
Pure speculation, but I wonder if he tried to make a late cut and his body didn't feel right. He doesn't need to wrestle here to make the team, but could have potentially kept someone good from the trials (and made Final X).

Every once in a while you see one of those "majority support" NFL maps. State College is typically right at, or near the line between Eagles and Steelers, but in my awareness, most of the true locals (not college students, which is probaby pretty close to 50/50) support Pittsburgh teams--until you start getting a bit further east--like Lock Haven/Williamsport/Lewistown.

I'm a Minnesota pro sports fan (Dad is from there)--so when it comes to the NFL, I'm a perennial glutton for false hope and innevitable self-hatred.
grew up in lock haven. only tv stations we had were johnstown,altoona and wilkes barre. only pro fb we could get was steelers. i was a defacto fan of the steelers. that was back in the bobby lane, ernie stauntner, albie nickels days. only mbb was yankees out of williamsport. first recollection of mbb was in 1950, i was 5. dad and i were driving to a farm for cider, and he had the world series on the radio, phils and yanks. why, at age 5, i became a yankee fan, i have no idea. they were just names to me. have been a fan ever since. now, living in bucks co., i root for both; except when the play each other ;).

Reactions: nerfstate
Some good early round matchups. Second round AB should see Dylan Fishback. Fishback is a redshirt freshman at NC State and was a top 5 overall recruit last year. Shouldn’t be a problem for AB but Fishback is tough for a second round match. Also saw that Eierman is registered at 70kg and is unseeded. Third round match possibility between Dieringer and Karchla. Karchla is a much better freestlyer so it could be a match. Also at 79kg we should see Brands vs Kemdog with the winner getting CStar.

Eagles draft will be fascinating. I expect them to draft as if redshirting the entire class is an option, and prioritize the trenches (with CB also possible).

10 could be trade up, stand pat, or trade back. All 3 are realistic until the first 6-8 picks are in. They'll likely target Carter if he slides far enough AND passes the security check.

30 will likely be a trade back to add picks (Eagles have only 6 and need to get younger/cheaper).
The issue with Carter is his laziness, not security

Eagles draft will be fascinating. I expect them to draft as if redshirting the entire class is an option, and prioritize the trenches (with CB also possible).

10 could be trade up, stand pat, or trade back. All 3 are realistic until the first 6-8 picks are in. They'll likely target Carter if he slides far enough AND passes the security check.

30 will likely be a trade back to add picks (Eagles have only 6 and need to get younger/cheaper).
Bears are rumored to be a Carter landing spot too. I'm very torn. Rare talent who perfectly fits their #1 position of need, but high bust potential. My perfect scenario is trading down from 9 into the teens to take Darnell Wright and finish up their OL rebuild.

The actual line between the Eagles and Steelers is much further east. PA is split roughly 50-50 between the teams by population, not geography. SEPA and the Lehigh Valley are Eagles country, but growing up in Berks County, it was still majority Eagles, but there was a significant population of Steelers, too. By Harrisburg, it's at least 50-50 or slightly leaning Steelers and west of there is solid majority Steelers.

Post on GIA where he said he was sick and a no go.
So you're saying he signed up just yesterday and drank something that made him feel different........or didn't make him feel different enough. That is quite an accusation sir. :)

Matt Collum is currently wrestling, it says Chicago for his affiliation. That can't be the same Matt Collum from Illinois, is it? That dude wrestled AGES ago

Matt Collum is currently wrestling, it says Chicago for his affiliation. That can't be the same Matt Collum from Illinois, is it? That dude wrestled AGES ago

Had to look it up, Collum won an IL state title in 2004.

Now I'm seeing Dwight Gardner. Not THAT Dwight Gardner that won an NCAA title of Ohio U right? He's even older than Collum! Maybe there are some Veterans mats sprinkled in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT