ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Olympics Wrestling (merged)

I am starting to not like USA Wrestling too many social media posts. Make in my day (Kurt angle days) We didn’t post on social media. We were humble and modest. They are cocky and probably not great teammates. Had too

Jk
Because selecting a college (of which any, he'd likely not only be accepted to, but given financial compensation for competing while attending) and preparing to compete in the absolute highest level of sport are so comparable!

I pray there's cell service wherever the hell my buddies and I are venturing out to in the MT/ID region... Greco and Women's start Monday, no?

Because selecting a college (of which any, he'd likely not only be accepted to, but given financial compensation for competing while attending) and preparing to compete in the absolute highest level of sport are so comparable!

I pray there's cell service wherever the hell my buddies and I are venturing out to in the MT/ID region... Greco and Women's start Monday, no?
Yes, monday starts with Adam Coon and Amit Elor 9-11 and 3-4 Eastern times if the chart I saw is correct.

We've got an Olympic thread going - it would be remiss not to have a post mentioning Simone Biles. Team USA is the PSU Wrestling of women's gymnastics. There, I tied it in.
Yeah, I'm thrilled Carter has a 5th chance at NCAAs given that he withdrew last year to prioritize his mental health. ;)

Click on the bracket and it will take you to X (Twitter) and click on it again and it will expand so you can see it.

Reactions: danoftw
Huge favor to ask of the folks who will be posting tomorrow at the start of Olympic Wrestling. Can we please have a new thread regarding matches and updates. I'm at NC State Vet School under horses most of the week and cannot watch. Much of my time will be spent in surgery. A new thread would be awesome. Thank you very much!

Huge favor to ask of the folks who will be posting tomorrow at the start of Olympic Wrestling. Can we please have a new thread regarding matches and updates. I'm at NC State Vet School under horses most of the week and cannot watch. Much of my time will be spent in surgery. A new thread would be awesome. Thank you very much!

Hope you feel better soon! :rolleyes: 🐎

• Elor pushing her all over the place, up 2-0 on two stepouts.
  • Tosun gets to a leg but Elor slips it and goes behind for two. 4-0.
  • Tosun bailed out by refs with a slip call, it should be 6-0.
  • Elor with a double, settles for the pushout. 5-0 at break.
  • Elor content to settle in center of mat, make Tosun shoot. Tosun on the 30-clock now for inactivity. 6-0. Tosun gets to a leg and is in position to score but Elor scrambles out. 1:30 left.
  • Elor with an underhook and inside trip, grabs an ankle, converts it to a TD. 8-0.
  • Tosun finally converts 8-2.
  • Tosun goes for a YOLO head and arm and Elor easily slips it, 10-2 will be the final.

Last edited:
Anyone know if/when Amit wrestles again this morning? I know there is an afternoon round.

Found it, supposedly 9:56 ET. She has Polish wrestler Wiktoria Chołuj, she beat the 8 seed 10-3

Last edited:
Anyone know if/when Amit wrestles again this morning? I know there is an afternoon round.
Today
WFS 68kg 1/4 Final
th

W. Choluj
th

A. Elor
9:56 AM
All times are in EST

Looks like Elor beat her quarterfinal opponent 5-0 in October of 2023 at the U23 World Championships

Reactions: danoftw
Every seeded wrestler on the top half of 68KG lost. The North Korean wrestler who beat a former 65KG World Champion looked pretty strong.

Let's try to get a new thread going.

@Richie O could you or another mod create a new Olympics thread for Day 1 and move post 344 forward to that new thread please? I guess you'd have to temporarily lock the existing thread but it will help keep things organized. TIA

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Let's try to get a new thread going.

@Richie O could you or another mod create a new Olympics thread for Day 1 and move post 344 forward to that new thread please? I guess you'd have to temporarily lock the existing thread but it will help keep things organized. TIA
What would be the purpose of this?
If someone is waiting to watch the match and doesn't want to see the results beforehand, just don't click on the thread until you're all caught up watching.

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT