ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Olympics Wrestling (merged)

What would be the purpose of this?
If someone is waiting to watch the match and doesn't want to see the results beforehand, just don't click on the thread until you're all caught up watching.
I think it's just easier for the more casual board readers to find the relevant info to have it broken down by day.

Reactions: Agoodnap
What would be the purpose of this?
If someone is waiting to watch the match and doesn't want to see the results beforehand, just don't click on the thread until you're all caught up watching.
It may not be clear to you today but perhaps it will become clearer as the week moves on.

Today
WFS 68kg 1/4 Final
th

W. Choluj
th

A. Elor
9:56 AM
All times are in EST
Somebody lied

Ozaki looked very, very good. Could end up being a good rivalry w/ Amit.

I think Elor is on deck now.

Elor would be next according to the incorrect times. We shall see.

Elor would be next according to the incorrect times. We shall see.
The current match is the last one in the 1/8 round, and Amit is at the top of the bracket, so I think she'll be up next.

She very rarely is moved. She holds center and is patient. She isn't risky at all.

Lopez beat the Iranian 3-1, so Coon's Olympics is over. :-(

I'll definitely be rooting for him to win gold now though--5X Olympic Champ is unfathomable.

Reactions: vhsalum
Well this Indian wrestler certainly looks much quicker than Elor. Should be interesting style matchup.

Edit: Though it might appear that her elbow or shoulder is ****ed. She’s gonna lose to North Korean

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: backdrft76
Well this Indian wrestler certainly looks much quicker than Elor. Should be interesting style matchup.

Edit: Though it might appear that her elbow or shoulder is ****ed. She’s gonna lose to North Korean
Looked like she hurt her knee. Then her wrist after that.

Ozaki down 6-0 at the break against KGZ. Comes out with a quick TD and trap arm turn in the 2nd to get it to 6-4. Gets to a single and fights through a whizzer to tie it up at 6 and take the lead on criteria. Russian tie to a slide by into a merkle position for KGZ, mule kicks out and goes behind with 6 secs left to upset Ozaki 8-6!

Men's Freestyle Schedule

Thursday Aug. 8 - 57kg & 86kg Prelims & Semis

5:30 AM: Prelims
12:15 PM: 57kg Semis
12:35 PM: 86kg Semis

Friday, Aug. 9th - 74kg & 125kg Prelims & Semis + 57kg & 86kg Medal rounds
5:30 AM: 74 & 125 Prelims
12:15 PM: 74kg Semis
12:35 PM: 125kg Semis
1:30 PM: 57kg Medals
2:05 PM: 86kg Medals

Saturday, Aug. 10th - 65kg & 97kg Prelims & Semis + 74kg & 125kg Medal rounds
5:30 AM: 65 & 97 Prelims
12:15 PM: 65kg Semis
12:35 PM: 97kg Semis
1:30 PM: 74kg Medals
2:05 PM: 125kg Medals

Sunday, Aug. 11th - 65kg & 97kg Medal rounds
6:00 AM: 65kg Medals
6:35 AM: 97kg Medals

57kg - RBY (MEX)
57kg - Spencer Lee
65kg - Zain Retherford
74kg - Kyle Dake
86kg - Aaron Brooks
97kg - Kyle Snyder
125kg - Mason Parris

*All times Eastern

It appears they're going to run all the semis on one mat, starting with 60kg. Not sure whether Greco heavy or W 68kg will come next.

• Love
Reactions: vhsalum
Amit Elor vs Pak Sol Gum (North Korea) in the semis. A win guarantees a medal.
  • Gum is stocky but strong, looking to push Elor from the whistle. Gum warned for passivity, as Elor holds center.
  • Snapdown go-behind for Elor, looking lace, gets one, and the rest. 10-0.
  • And she's in the finals!

I know this board isn’t a big JB fan but he’s pretty good on the mic. Gives really good descriptions of what’s happening on the mat
Yeah--IMO, NCAA's mis-step last year wasn't in having JB on the mic, but in not having a "pro" PBP person with him. JB is better at color than DC, but you still need that "straight man".

Last edited:
Here is a video of Amit showing how she performs her two-on-one snap down and the tie she uses to accomplish it. I am amazed how she is able to control her opponents so well from her ties. Not only is she great from this particular position, but it really takes her opponents out of their game plans and keeps them in a defensive mode. When you watch Amit's matches you can see her opponents get increasingly frustrated as the matches progress and they continue to struggle to get on their offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT