ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tournament -- Session 4 Thread – FINALS + Medal Round!!

Blessing in disguise...4 seed now and if Max gets to semi he won't see Beard and will get Bonnacorsi who he might match up better with

Let’s go Kerk. Finish this off right. I think Kerk wins and locks down the number 1 seed

197 is nuts. ultimate irony would be to watch warner spiral ride his way to a title from a low seed

Allred has the length and strength that are always a difficult match up for Max, who is a small 197. I'm not counting out Max in a rematch at Natties.

Allred was very impressive in his post-match interview. Seems like a quality young man.

Reactions: Idahopennstatefan
Max looked bad against another guy that is a lot longer. Couldn't defend the pick from distance. Need a better plan
It's more about his offense or lack thereof. He has always been gettable from neutral, but he used to be a lot more aggressive. He was out-shot about 7 - 2 in that match and looked sluggish. I have a lot of confidence we will see a better version in 2 weeks

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Iowa fans got rock hard when the ref called that stall on Parris. Without even trying Kerk executed the Iowa push out to a T... but it should not have been called

Reactions: nitlion6
Honestly Spencer (and Woods) is the main reason I expect Iowa to contend. I do think it's frustrating for Spencer because he obviously wanted to finish with his guys on a contending team (not that he doesn't like the new crop but I mean Kemerer, Marinelli, ADS, those were the guys he was here with) I think that's truthfully part of the reason he decided eff it I'm going to show a little emotion this year.
he wanted team title he should have gone to PSU!

Kerk v Parris
  • Parris with a fireman's dump for two
  • Nice job by Kerk to get away. :48 RT for Parris.
  • Period ends. 2-1 Parris.
  • Kerk chooses bottom, RT up over a minute now.
  • He's out with 1:03 RT hanging over him still. 2-2.
  • Period ends. Niether guy committed to a shot in the second.
  • Parris out, but RT under a minute :56)
  • Kerk with a double attempt but Parris stuffs it.
  • Parris hit with a second stalling and it's tied, going to SV.
  • Kerk with a double attempt, Parris stops it, looking to go behind, but drives through for two. Parris wins 5-3.

• Sad
Reactions: creamery freak
Welp, Kerk figured out Cass this year ... and Parris figured him out (though obviously Parris was hindered last year also) Need a new game plan as people said, straight on shots vs Parris won't work.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT