ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tournament -- Session 4 Thread – FINALS + Medal Round!!

I don’t think either wrestler knew it was tied. Kerk was taking late desperation shots that didn’t help his energy level for SV.

Reactions: creamery freak
Kerk was done at the end of 3. Paris had more in the tank in OT. Need to re-examine the strategy against him. Attack from angles. Straight on he’ll just drop his hips.

I'll take one true Frosh B1G champ over 2 vets. Super jazzed for Levi. Kerk and Dean need to be much more aggressive in the first period. I don't like their gas tanks late in the match. If you don't shoot you don't win. Overall awesome tourney!!!!

Reactions: NittanyChris
Looked like Greg didn't realize they were tied at the end of the match. And that wild flurry (for Kerk, at least) used up all his gas.

Reactions: mcpat
I don’t think intensity is the issue. He just doesn’t have any idea of what to do with Parris. Parris is the only guy with the mix of size and athleticism that Greg just can’t out athlete him. So he ends up taking some sloppy shots that may convert on a lesser wrestler/athlete.

Last edited:
The first shouldn't have been called. Kerk taking several shots triggered the second. I didn't have a problem with that one
If you didn’t like the first one then you and the ref missed the second one that went into Sparks table. Parris moved off the mat without impetus. They should have called it there. Either way it would have been a point.

But no matter. They are 3-3 and they get to settle it in two weeks.

I'll take one true Frosh B1G champ over 2 vets. Super jazzed for Levi. Kerk and Dean need to be much more aggressive in the first period. I don't like their gas tanks late in the match. If you don't shoot you don't win. Overall awesome tourney!!!!
The luxury of a huge lead.

The only times this year that Kerk has looked incredibly gassed has been against Mason. Lungs 🫁!

Overall I’d say it was a damn good tournament. Some guys have a few things to tighten up but these coaches have always gotten our athletes to perform their best in a couple weeks. RBY, CStar, and AB were great as usual. Levi showed the world he is absolutely ready and should be in the title conversation. I think we see a better performance from Facundo at nationals. SVN is close and continues to put up bonus in the matches he wins. Beau is close as well. Hopefully he catches fire and shows us all how good he is. Fun tournament. AB should be OW and Levi freshman of the year. These next 2 weeks are going to be torture

Kerk v Parris
  • Parris with a fireman's dump for two
  • Nice job by Kerk to get away. :48 RT for Parris.
  • Period ends. 2-1 Parris.
  • Kerk chooses bottom, RT up over a minute now.
  • He's out with 1:03 RT hanging over him still. 2-2.
  • Period ends. Niether guy committed to a shot in the second.
  • Parris out, but RT under a minute :56)
  • Kerk with a double attempt but Parris stuffs it.
  • Parris hit with a second stalling and it's tied, going to SV.
  • Kerk with a double attempt, Parris stops it, looking to go behind, but drives through for two. Parris wins 5-3.
That was missing from his arsenal last year and you can tell it's a huge difference this year.

That re-shot for the initial two was a pretty real shot.
True. I suppose I just saw it more as a counter. Don't get me wrong, Mason won the match fair and square. Totally deserved it. I also think the stall calls were warranted.

Can't wait for nationals!!!

Results:

4 x 1st
2 x 2nd
1 x 3rd
1 x 4th
1 x 7th
1 x DNP

Seeds:
4 x 1st
3 x 2nd
1 x 4th
1 x 5th
1 x 10

Compared to seeding, we had a 3rd instead of a 2nd and a 7th instead of a 5th. Oh, the horror. Terrible performance. LMAO.

Reactions: JOESTROSSER
Kerk is not in good condition
He's looked well health wise this year, he was just outwrestled big time. As Clay said, Mason Parris is the only guy at 285 that's the same caliber of athlete as him and when his normal moves aren't working, he gets flustered and rushes things. Need to make serious adjustment because what he's tried the last 2 times against Parris won't work.

He's looked well health wise this year, he was just outwrestled big time. As Clay said, Mason Parris is the only guy at 285 that's the same caliber of athlete as him and when his normal moves aren't working, he gets flustered and rushes things. Need to make serious adjustment because what he's tried the last 2 times against Parris won't work.
Yep. Got to remember Parris is a heavy who was pretty damn good a running hurdles. Doubt many can say that. He is very likely quicker than Kerk and stronger than Cass.

Why is he being outwrestled? Hes by far the more skilled wrestler.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT