ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tournament -- Session 4 Thread – FINALS + Medal Round!!

Aaron!!! Complete annihilation.

What would you pay to see Aaron and Carter wrestle at 179 lbs?

WE ARE!!!

Reactions: I.J.W.T.
eh semantics i guess. no realistic hawk fan expected this team to challenge and they’ve performed well given who they have minus warner who seems out of gas at the end of a great career.
Honestly Spencer (and Woods) is the main reason I expect Iowa to contend. I do think it's frustrating for Spencer because he obviously wanted to finish with his guys on a contending team (not that he doesn't like the new crop but I mean Kemerer, Marinelli, ADS, those were the guys he was here with) I think that's truthfully part of the reason he decided eff it I'm going to show a little emotion this year.

Brooks v Romero
  • Beautiful ankle pick at edge by Aaron but Romero is out, no score
  • Low single, this time for two. 2-0 Aaron.
  • Romero E1, 2-1
  • Brooks from bottom, up and out, 3-1.
  • Brooks creates some level change chaos and scoots behind, 5-1 midway through the second.
  • Romero kept it much closer at the BJC, Brooks is in complete control here.
  • Romero from bottom to start the third, already down a lot of RT.
  • E1 for Romero but RT point is locked. 7-2
  • Brooks with another TD, up 9-2, now 11-2. Tack on a RT point and Brooks has a major. 3x champ and OW?
  • (Apologies for losing track of the scoring here, I got distracted by food delivery)

This kind of reminds me of PK taking Aaron to the brink in a 3-2 match and then Aaron decided to show him at NWCA "it ain't that close"

Peaking too early?
iu

Reactions: danoftw
I don’t think Romero has taken a single step forward this entire match
Imagine being in a match where everyone expects you to get beat so there should be no pressure on you. What would you do? If you are Romero you back pedal uncontrollably and take no shots. Seriously WTF did he have to lose in being aggressive?

Reactions: danoftw
Brooks is making Romero want to quit wrestling..... one stall at a time.
12-2 domination!

Broke him!!!
Romero took the mat knowing he had no shot and just hoping, apparently, to not embarrass himself. He failed to reach his goal. I can't remember a championship match at this level where a wrestler was so clearly in danger of being DQ'd.

Js since you're here trolling, that's Patrick Kennedy. He is what he is and with it being 3rd year in room, he's not getting much better. He will need the weight to clear out and hope the next great thing doesn't move in his Senior year or he's not winning a title. And unfortunately for him, Haines will probably be there at 165 his last 2 years.

Bookmark that one too...
You are good at this. Thata boy.

Max Dean v Silas Allred
  • SIlas Allred sounds like a made up name by a sci-fi writer, but then Max Dean sounds like a mad up name by an spy-thriller writer
  • Allred with a leg, Dean gets one too, scramble will result in a potentially dangerous stoppage
  • Nice shot by the rangy Allred, who gets the two, Dean quickly up and out. 2-1 Allred at end of first.
  • Dean starts from bottom to start the second, has some trouble getting out, restarts. He's out, :36 RT for Allred.
  • Dean gets to a leg but Allred nice job on D.
  • Allred shoots, switches to a double and converts. Dean up and out. 4-3.
  • Allred chooses neutral to start third.
  • Scramble at edge, but Dean can't convert.
  • Dean with a double, but Allred easily fights off.
  • Allred warned for stalling, dives for a leg, comes out from behind, 6-3 win.

Max got picked a part on his feet. Got 2 weeks to adjust if they meet again. Dean likely 4 seed now?

Reactions: fronk71
This kind of reminds me of his match against Brucki last year. Brucki got 2 TDs to 0 for Max, Max 3 escapes. But Brucki foolishly chose bottom and got ridden out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT