ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tournament -- Session 4 Thread – FINALS + Medal Round!!

No lower than 4th but impossible to tell until we get other conference results. Coaches' ranks, Win %s, and RPIs are tightly bunched among the top 10 guys.

If O'Connor beats Andonian in the ACC finals, then he's the 1. After that, math.

The other difficulty is: where do the coaches rank 8 Levi after he beat 6 Coleman and 1 Robb? Does he vault ahead of any conference finalists? (Specifically the ACC loser between O'Connor and Andonian, and the B12 loser between Franek and Gfeller.) Could he leapfrog any conference champs in the rankings? (Specifically Humphreys; Gfeller if he wins B12s.)
If O’Connor and Franek win I think they rank Levi 3rd. I’m not sure how they wouldn’t move him ahead of Andonian and Gfeller. Humphreys is the wild card

Reactions: El-Jefe
If O’Connor and Franek win I think they rank Levi 3rd. I’m not sure how they wouldn’t move him ahead of Andonian and Gfeller. Humphreys is the wild card
Think he can beat anyone in the country bar maybe O’Connor. Andonian is of course always a wild card. But as a Penn State fan I think you hope he’s opposite O’Connor in the bracket.

Okay. I got carried away. I’m the guy that had Levi placing 5th in my KYPSW entry. I didn’t see the true freshman winning that one. Not at all. It was probably the second most surprised, in a good way, I’ve been by a PSU wrestler in recent memory (the other being VJ). My bad.

Js since you're here trolling, that's Patrick Kennedy. He is what he is and with it being 3rd year in room, he's not getting much better. He will need the weight to clear out and hope the next great thing doesn't move in his Senior year or he's not winning a title. And unfortunately for him, Haines will probably be there at 165 his last 2 years.

Bookmark that one too...

Agreed, though who knows which interns fill out the coaches' ballots this week. It hasn't exactly been predictable this year, and anyone have confidence that they'll fix it this time?

Forgot that Andonian won't have an RPI

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Like I said, Hamity, is an RBY clone, just bigger. Dude is smooth as silk.

Okay. I got carried away. I’m the guy that had Levi placing 5th in my KYPSW entry. I didn’t see the true freshman winning that one. Not at all. It was probably the second most surprised, in a good way, I’ve been by a PSU wrestler in recent memory (the other being VJ). My bad.
I guess David Taylor really wasn't just throwing shade....

Okay, yes, with Kennedy's loss, Iowa (131.5) only has 6 more potential points (3 from Cass and 3 from Brands with placement and pins), so their max is 137.5. Penn State has 138. Penn State are B1G champs.
But Cael could throw a chair and get a team point deducted. Or a fist fight could break out in one of the next four finals and we lose all that wrestler's team points. 😉 😜

Reactions: tikk10 and Hotshoe
Santa Claus Christmas GIF by Sky Radio

I don't understand. First Spencer, then RBY, then Sammy, then Levi and then Dean. They all won the TD battle, and won the match. Coincidence?
I’m glad I could give you guys some good run on another topic. Where does this rank?

Think he can beat anyone in the country bar maybe O’Connor. Andonian is of course always a wild card. But as a Penn State fan I think you hope he’s opposite O’Connor in the bracket.
100%. Would love if Franek got the 2 and Levi the 3. I think Levi matches up well with Franek. A bit like Robb but I think Robb is better. As long as O’Connor and Levi are separated I’m happy though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT