ADVERTISEMENT

COVID vaccine: who has had it?

Got my first Moderna at Rite Aid on Tuesday. No ill affects at all. Rite Aid was organized and quick.

I had my first shot on 1/26 at the Monroeville Doubletree administered by Allegheny County Health Department. Was supposed to be notified via email ten days before my next shot due on 2/23. Have heard nothing back, even though my girlfriend received her email. Have called the County "help" line and keep getting different excuses each time. I said when the vaccine was about to roll out that if there were one state that will f#ck this up, PA will do it. Once again, they've lived down to all expectations.

I'm now about 52 hours post-vaccine #2. The chills and fever are long gone, and only a bit of fatigue lingers.

I do, however, have one helluva red spot around the injection site -- about the size of a half-dollar. Still sore, though in fairness, 2+ hours of shoveling ice this afternoon probably contributed to the problem.

All told, not the worst experience I've had. (anthrax vaccine immobilized my arm for nearly an entire week)

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
I'm now about 52 hours post-vaccine #2. The chills and fever are long gone, and only a bit of fatigue lingers.

I do, however, have one helluva red spot around the injection site -- about the size of a half-dollar. Still sore, though in fairness, 2+ hours of shoveling ice this afternoon probably contributed to the problem.

All told, not the worst experience I've had. (anthrax vaccine immobilized my arm for nearly an entire week)

Im about 30 hours from vaccine #2. I haven’t gotten any chills or the bad headache my sister got. But in the last two hours my energy dropped from about 50% to 10%. I feel like I have a mild fever but the thermometer says I don’t.

This is pretty remarkable really. It is shots per 100 people. Given the number of people and the geographic challenges we are WAY over performing countries like Germany, Italy, Denmark etc.

UK and USA (and Switzerland) are where all the big Pharma was borne. So they are known as the world leaders in that field so not that surprising they lead the world in vaccinations.

UK and USA (and Switzerland) are where all the big Pharma was borne. So they are known as the world leaders in that field so not that surprising they lead the world in vaccinations.
always looking for an excuse, I guess.

The issue here is not where big pharma HQ's and Labs are located but how the countries have addressed distribution and application.

always looking for an excuse, I guess.

The issue here is not where big pharma HQ's and Labs are located but how the countries have addressed distribution and application.

yes and no. UK and USA are so far ahead of everybody because they are monopolizing the production as most of the headquarters and large piece of production are in those countries. So they are gettting the lion's share of everything produced right now as they were first to the trough.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Im about 30 hours from vaccine #2. I haven’t gotten any chills or the bad headache my sister got. But in the last two hours my energy dropped from about 50% to 10%. I feel like I have a mild fever but the thermometer says I don’t.

Last night was interesting. Was freezing in bed, so I cranked up the electric blanket and added another layer. Then I was hot. Then cold. Nothing close to the flu, just annoying and I couldn't sleep. I still feel run down but that's likely caused by not sleeping well last night. Hopefully the side effects are gone for good now.

Reactions: whart
Some react strongly to first shot. The consensus is, if you do, you have probably already been infected and have anti bodies that react to the vaccine.
This was the case with a friend of mine's sister. Reacted pretty strongly to it. Maybe the first shot activated those T-Cells. She had had Covid a few months earlier. I'm surprised they gave her the shot at that point.

This was the case with a friend of mine's sister. Reacted pretty strongly to it. Maybe the first shot activated those T-Cells. She had had Covid a few months earlier. I'm surprised they gave her the shot at that point.

My mom had the virus in August and reacted much worse to the first shot than most. Her reaction, extreme fatigue, was similar to what she experienced with the virus. It hit her hard for a day, but she was back to normal shortly after that.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
getting second shot tomorrow- first shot really felt like nothing, and I had no reaction at all to it
from what I hear, most (but not all) people seem to have a bit more from the second one, I'll see soon enough

This is pretty remarkable really. It is shots per 100 people. Given the number of people and the geographic challenges we are WAY over performing countries like Germany, Italy, Denmark etc.

We’re screwed. 😞

Had my first vaccine yesterday (Pfizer vaccine). Yesterday was the first day in Omaha where 65 and older could get their initial vaccines. No symptoms yesterday but arm soreness and body aches today. My wife, as a health ccare provider, had her first show two weeks ago and had similar symptoms. We both had COVID back in October.

Had my first vaccine yesterday (Pfizer vaccine). Yesterday was the first day in Omaha where 65 and older could get their initial vaccines. No symptoms yesterday but arm soreness and body aches today. My wife, as a health ccare provider, had her first show two weeks ago and had similar symptoms. We both had COVID back in October.
So are you still old&tired76? Or did the shot juice you up?

I was told the theory is that people who have a strong reaction to first shot are people who were already exposed. Seems to be spot on for both you and wife.

My second (Moderna) shot just got cancelled. I immediately went to reschedule it and got "There are currently no COVID-19 vaccine appointments available. Please check back later. We appreciate your patience as we open as many appointments as possible. Thank you." Now I'm not sure what to do. It is my understanding that I have (after the standard suggested 28 day interval) a 14 day window to get that second shot. I guess that I can keep trying and hope that I can work something out. Should I try other places? How can I tell which vaccine they are giving?

My second (Moderna) shot just got cancelled. I immediately went to reschedule it and got "There are currently no COVID-19 vaccine appointments available. Please check back later. We appreciate your patience as we open as many appointments as possible. Thank you." Now I'm not sure what to do. It is my understanding that I have (after the standard suggested 28 day interval) a 14 day window to get that second shot. I guess that I can keep trying and hope that I can work something out. Should I try other places? How can I tell which vaccine they are giving?
Assuming you live in PA: You shouldn't try other places for the second dose. Stick with whomever you have.

Try calling instead of scheduling on a website. The hospital that my parents got the shot would not reschedule appointments due to weather online. They provided a phone number to call on days with bad weather.

Try calling instead of scheduling on a website. The hospital that my parents got the shot would not reschedule appointments due to weather online. They provided a phone number to call on days with bad weather.
Yeah, it's weird. The e-mail notification of the cancellation gives a phone number to call but when I do, I get routed to a recording that tells me to use the website for scheduling and then hangs up.

Just got #2 in Bethany Beach at Walgreens. No hassles. Deciding wether I should have a bourbon.

Just got #2 in Bethany Beach at Walgreens. No hassles. Deciding wether I should have a bourbon.
When I try to schedule there it says "COVID-19 vaccination appointments are not available within 25 miles of 19970 for next 3 days"
Cheers!

Go on next door. There’s lots of info on who is now scheduling in DE. Good luck.

Shendojoe said:
When I try to schedule there it says "COVID-19 vaccination appointments are not available within 25 miles of 19970 for next 3 days"
Cheers!

Go on next door. There’s lots of info on who is now scheduling in DE. Good luck.

Cheers!

Go on the next door app. There’s lots of info on who is scheduling now in DE. Good luck.

My second shot (Moderna) is at a Giant Eagle in Verona. It's still on. Just a sore arm with the first.

My wife and I got our first dose last Tuesday. No major side effects. Biggest thing to watch is the Covid-19 virus is "collapsing" based on newest data. Similar to 1919, either herd immunity is much higher than thought right now, or some environmental factors at work. Not being publicized because the last thing we need is not being vigilant. But good news none the less.

Had my second shot this past Saturday at 9:00 AM. Felt fine until I was in church at the 8:45 mass Sunday morning. All the sudden I felt like I had polished off a case of Meister Brau the night before. Kind of foggy and dull. Lasted for about 6 hours until I took a 2 hour nap. Fine after that.

My wife and I got our first dose last Tuesday. No major side effects. Biggest thing to watch is the Covid-19 virus is "collapsing" based on newest data. Similar to 1919, either herd immunity is much higher than thought right now, or some environmental factors at work. Not being publicized because the last thing we need is not being vigilant. But good news none the less.
It's not being publicized for 1.9 Trillion reasons. Don't fool yourself.

It's not being publicized for 1.9 Trillion reasons. Don't fool yourself.
I would partially agree, but since I am an independent I offer this thought. I think if you let people think the virus is dying out at a rapid rate, mitigation could be compromised based on human behavior. Plus the cliff effect we are seeing may level off. Plus I am never fooled or surprised by the partisan behavior of both sides of the aisle.

Reactions: Connorpozlee
Got Pfizer #2 yesterday. Had a sore arm after #1. No reaction at all on this one.

Just received dose number one this morning, thought I was going to receive Moderna but it turns out I got Pfizer, even though it was administered at a pharmacy. 12 hours in, all I have is a very mild soreness in my shoulder. Wife received her first dose 10 days ago and was knocked out for almost two days, hopefully the symptoms stay mild.

Second Moderna 6 hrs ago for self spouse and 90 yr old mother in law, so far no reactions from any of us.

Pfizer x2. Little sore arm after both, (like most shots). Felt tired and slightly run down after both doses. Headache after the second dose too. Overall, pretty minor and gone after a day or two.

Just got my 2nd dose of Moderna this morning, exactly 4 weeks after the 1st. My wife got her 2nd 2 weeks ago and she had chills and aches that night and the next morning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT