ADVERTISEMENT

COVID vaccine: who has had it?

I’m shocked so many posters on here have gotten their shot already. I didn’t realize there were so many old people on here. I might be lucky to get mine by the summer...looking at likely July, but hopefully sooner.
The secret is the 65y/o granny costume;)

I’m shocked so many posters on here have gotten their shot already. I didn’t realize there were so many old people on here. I might be lucky to get mine by the summer...looking at likely July, but hopefully sooner.

Some states are far ahead of others and have branched out to essential workers in non-medical fields.

True, but I thought PA was doing terrible and I thought a lot of posters on here are PA folks.
PA added obesity as a qualifier to Phase 1A in January.

I had my wellness visit on February 3 and said I didn’t expect to get the covid vaccine until summer and that I wanted to discuss MMR II as a holdover.

Doc told me since my BMI is over 30 (just barely tho) that I should just go get the vaccine. I stated I felt like I’d be cutting in line and was told just to go get it. My “normal” BMI is 26-27 so it doesn’t take many extra pounds to stray into obese.

Since 40%+ of the population is obese (BMI >30) we’ll probably reach 50% vaccination in phase 1A here, assuming more qualifiers are not added as seems to be happening.

I had my wellness visit on February 3 and said I didn’t expect to get the covid vaccine until summer and that I wanted to discuss MMR II as a holdover.

Doc told me since my BMI is over 30 (just barely tho) that I should just go get the vaccine. I stated I felt like I’d be cutting in line and was told just to go get it. My “normal” BMI is 26-27 so it doesn’t take many extra pounds to stray into obese.

Since 40%+ of the population is obese (BMI >30) we’ll probably reach 50% vaccination in phase 1A here, assuming more qualifiers are not added as seems to be happening.
I think smoking and less than 1.000 likes makes one eligible also . The contributing medical factors seems to be an honor system as I don't believe anyone is checking up on it. Not recommending anyone butt in line..........

I think smoking and less than 1.000 likes makes one eligible also . The contributing medical factors seems to be an honor system as I don't believe anyone is checking up on it. Not recommending anyone butt in line..........
Right, there’s no verification here. I’ve been told by other medical providers they wouldn’t have thought I was obese so when I went to get my first shot I took my paperwork showing it just in case. No one said a word.

Reactions: katchthis

Ah, I see....the posters on here aren’t as old as they are fat.:) I couldn’t get the vaccine for that either. I better start eating.

Reactions: katchthis
Ah, I see....the posters on here aren’t as old as they are fat.:) I couldn’t get the vaccine for that either. I better start eating.

One could take up smoking to also qualify in PA. I wonder how many cigars one needs to smoke to qualify as a smoker?:cool:

Reactions: AWS1022
One could take up smoking to also qualify in PA. I wonder how many cigars one needs to smoke to qualify as a smoker?:cool:
Does Arnold qualify ?

4dd247b7f0895e8c9f5d2c51927a1ee7.jpg

Last edited:
My daughter had her 2nd Pfizer shot Friday afternoon. Had some chills Saturday and felt general fatigue all weekend but back to normal today.

Got J&J yesterday. Arm pain last night and today, but just feels like I played that arm punch game as a kid.

I’m not in any risk category - ex wife just worked the web sites constantly and got us in. Easy as pie - just went to a CVS about 40 min from home. Older son got it on Sat at a different CVS in same, nearby town

Right, there’s no verification here. I’ve been told by other medical providers they wouldn’t have thought I was obese so when I went to get my first shot I took my paperwork showing it just in case. No one said a word.
By “paperwork” are you saying a McDonalds bag and a Big Gulp?

Reactions: bison13
Can't speak to cigars, but in North Carolina, if one has smoked 100 (that is not typo) cigarettes in their lifetime, they will be eligible when the next phase, those with contributing medical conditions, starts up in a couple of weeks.

Got J&J yesterday at a CVS 30 minutes away. I just kept trying their web site.

No major side effects. A little tired and sluggish this AM, but that may have nothing to do with the vax.😀

Last edited:
Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Definitely interested to hear how people feel after the J&J shot. We both are hoping to only do the one shot.

Can't speak to cigars, but in North Carolina, if one has smoked 100 (that is not typo) cigarettes in their lifetime, they will be eligible when the next phase, those with contributing medical conditions, starts up in a couple of weeks.

I quit when I was 11. Do you think I would qualify as a smoker?

Who hasn't smoked one cigarrete in their entire life, so i guess i could qualify as a smoker. The dirty secret is you can just say you have high blood pressure, they have no way of actually verifying a pre-condition other than age.

Who hasn't smoked one cigarrete in their entire life, so i guess i could qualify as a smoker. The dirty secret is you can just say you have high blood pressure, they have no way of actually verifying a pre-condition other than age.

I have never smoked one. But surely I've been around 100 people smoking. Second hand smoke vaccine eligibility!

Definitely interested to hear how people feel after the J&J shot. We both are hoping to only do the one shot.
2nd day out and perfectly fine now. Only had arm pain at site of shot for about 30 hrs. No other issues

Glad to not have to go in again even though it was a pretty easy process once I got on the list. Note that you have to stay on site for 15 min after the shot so they can observe you for ill effects

This is exactly how one of my former students got the shot early. He's about 27 in very good health and blatantly lied 2 get ahead of the line for the shot. He's a piano player for his megachurch as well so I'm pretty sure every single member of that church leadership group did the same thing.

Reactions: blmr31
J & J vaccine, just a heads up .... you may want to plan on a sick day the day after the vaccine. My wife and her school district are all getting it this week. She was hit hard and totally down for a day as was everyone else she knows of. One perfectly healthy woman ended up in the ER. Not a gloom and doomer here, just posting the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
you may want to plan on a sick day the day after the vaccine. My wife and her school district are all getting it this week. She was hit hard and totally down for a day as was everyone else she knows of. One perfectly healthy woman ended up in the ER. Not a gloom and doomer here, just posting the info.
You’re the third person I heard this from this week about J&J. The other 2 companies had some reactions on the second shot, but not across the board. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Almost everyone I know who got one of the other two vaccines had side effects from the second shot....since J&J is only one shot, it’s not surprising.

Reactions: colt21 and TheGLOV
I think there were a few folks on here that received the J&J shot. Hopefully they will provide some updates.

you may want to plan on a sick day the day after the vaccine. My wife and her school district are all getting it this week. She was hit hard and totally down for a day as was everyone else she knows of. One perfectly healthy woman ended up in the ER. Not a gloom and doomer here, just posting the info.

My wife had it last week with no side effects at all. Depends on the person.

My wife had it last week with no side effects at all. Depends on the person.
We are all individuals and react to each medication differently. There are no completely safe medications, only ones with less side effects to each individual. I am surprised that entire populations, like teachers of a school system, all seem to have similar side effects. I wonder what long term impacts may be in store for us. My wife, working in research of drugs, said that when confronted by a person asking about the vaccine, long term impacts haven't had time to be tested as a typical drug is subjected to. It's understandable wanting to rush these meds to market given the problem but we do have a population of guinea pigs now and will see what happens down the road. Risk management, a trade off of protection from an imminent danger with the unknows looming in the distance.

Almost everyone I know who got one of the other two vaccines had side effects from the second shot....since J&J is only one shot, it’s not surprising.
My wife and I got the J&J vaccine on Wednesday around noon. So far so good. Obvious discomfort at injection site and my wife said she felt a small degree of lightheadedness yesterday morning for a couple hours. Otherwise okay. I guess from what i read we still need to navigate today but fingers crossed. I just read the report included and it does say side effects are stronger with young people which we are definitely not. Might explain why teachers are feeling it more.

My wife and I got the J&J vaccine on Wednesday around noon. So far so good. Obvious discomfort at injection site and my wife said she felt a small degree of lightheadedness yesterday morning for a couple hours. Otherwise okay. I guess from what i read we still need to navigate today but fingers crossed.
Good luck....hope everything goes well for both of you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT