ADVERTISEMENT

David Taylor to Oklahoma State & related news

That's how the SEC had 250-lb tennis players running a 4.4 40.

Minor correction: a 2--sport athlete could walk onto both teams (like Jan Johnson initially did). But, yeah, if Brands gave Keuter anything at all, it would count as a full ride against Ferentz.
Hah. Correct Jefe. Walk on both is still walkon.

They guy who was the main backer for DT to OSU is not an OK State fan or alum. He is a UCO alum. Just a wrestling fan who wants Oklahoma to be a stronger overall wrestling state. Apparently he pitched DT to OU last season. But his investment in OSU that got them DT has definitely mobilized their NIL going forward
OK ST has T BOONE PICKENS LOTS OF CASH!

Unless DT watched Cael for 15 years basically and decided I'm going to do the opposite of everything he's done to win 11 titles, I'd be floored if he is paying $500K for a one year rental as he's arriving there trying to set a culture.

DT is making moves I fully expect Cael to make:

1. He is less concerned about a wrestling facility upgrade (despite having a guy who will obviously kickstart the fundraising) More about building the right mindset inside

2. He talked about building a RTC, Hendrickson mentioned he will do a full cycle there (not sure how that works with AFA commitments but sounds like he will try the 2028 Olympic cycle) If he's going to do 4 years there then I fully buy a 500K number, that's way different. The fact Hendrickson mentioned doing a full cycle makes me think it was a commitment DT asked for.

DT is definitely familiar with him as an opponent, and I recall Caldwell keeping matches againts Taylor relatively close. Familiarity maybe wasn't a factor but it couldn't have hurt.
Perhaps more relevant: Caldwell was a Smith assistant for 7 years, and recruiting coordinator for 6 of them.

Taylor has nobidy else on staff who knows how things operate there, or with those contacts.

Early coffee running thru the veins and good Maduro Perdomo filling the air - I've been reflecting on the last dozen years or so

In other sports, there is a factor that contributes to the outcomes of games. Golf: WIND is the great equalizer. Football: RAIN slows a game down. In wrestling: INJURIES have been the hardest thing to avoid ...

DT will need depth to consistently beat Cael / TnT teams ... as much as it pains me to type this statement, I think the Suckeyes have enough weapons to keep Okie State without a team trophy the next couple of years behind PSU/Iowa/Ohio State -

Is a TOP 5 team good enough to replace John Smith in years 1-5?

Early coffee running thru the veins and good Maduro Perdomo filling the air - I've been reflecting on the last dozen years or so

In other sports, there is a factor that contributes to the outcomes of games. Golf: WIND is the great equalizer. Football: RAIN slows a game down. In wrestling: INJURIES have been the hardest thing to avoid ...

DT will need depth to consistently beat Cael / TnT teams ... as much as it pains me to type this statement, I think the Suckeyes have enough weapons to keep Okie State without a team trophy the next couple of years behind PSU/Iowa/Ohio State -

Talent will be the difference between OSU, tOSU, and Iowa.

I believe OSU and tOSU will consistently be second and third over the next few years.

I am trying to picture what type of person smokes a cigar at 6am on Tuesday. Are you an associate of @Chickenman Testa ?

I am trying to picture what type of person smokes a cigar at 6am on Tuesday. Are you an associate of @Chickenman Testa ?
Last time I didn't smoke a cigar with my morning coffee - Dec 2020, had an appendectomy overnight - only missed that day, the next morning I lit up! morning noon afternoon and evening --- I fill the air --- who is Chickenman? Does he burn often?

Last time I didn't smoke a cigar with my morning coffee - Dec 2020, had an appendectomy overnight - only missed that day, the next morning I lit up! morning noon afternoon and evening --- I fill the air --- who is Chickenman? Does he burn often?
He is a Philly gangster that got blown up with a nail bomb but also somehow still contributes regularly to this board. I had my appendix out when I was 10, and I didn't smoke that day either, so we have a trend here.

Apparently not everyone in Oklahoma is a fan of the east coast boys taking over. I'm hearing a 2x national champ and a 3x all American is heading east soon.

Apparently not everyone in Oklahoma is a fan of the east coast boys taking over. I'm hearing a 2x national champ and a 3x all American is heading east soon.
If you're talking about Chris Perry, I don't think he has an outstanding offer to even stay at Oklahoma State.

He is a Philly gangster that got blown up with a nail bomb but also somehow still contributes regularly to this board. I had my appendix out when I was 10, and I didn't smoke that day either, so we have a trend here.
Well, they blew up the Chicken Man in Philly last night
And they blew up his house, too
Down on the boardwalk they're ready for a fight
Gonna see what them racket boys can do
B. Springsteen

Another portal guy inbound to OSU. Amine or Barraclough? I think Amine.

Looks like Bryan left his PSU underwear in State College LOL. Even has the correct emojis.

I'm deeply struggling to find a funnier D1 transfer that could be made. The cultural differences are hilarious!

As is, of course, the fact that Michigan's Bormet Bag lifestyle was unable or unwilling to accommodate 1 more freakin year of an Amine bro.
Maybe that's not it? For example, OKST is rumored to be a little easier to get into.

Meanwhile, I don't get this for OKST unless it's for the RTC or to build room competition. Amine has had the better career but lost to Fish last year and is an obvious style mismatch.

Just watch DT's coaching Magic with Amine, we will see a 100% improvement in his scoring. Amine will now score 2 points per match instead of 1. An increase in takedown attempts you will not even be able to calcuate, DT will get Cam attempting 1 shot per match instead of zero.

Last edited:
Maybe that's not it? For example, OKST is rumored to be a little easier to get into.

Meanwhile, I don't get this for OKST unless it's for the RTC or to build room competition. Amine has had the better career but lost to Fish last year and is an obvious style mismatch.
Willie said Fish to 157 is likely in the works

Just watch DT's coaching Magic with Amine, we will see a 100% improvement in his scoring. Amine will now score 2 points per match instead of 1. An increase in takedown attempts you will not event be able to calcuate, DT will get Cam attempting 1 shot per match instead of zero.
The sad thing is Lewan missed Taylor by one year, I mean one freaking year! Oh what could have been!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT