ADVERTISEMENT

David Taylor to Oklahoma State & related news

At what weight. He has to go up. Will he beat either Lee
He wrestles for Mexico but I think he's staying down, otherwise he's butting heads with Austin Gomez. Can see him wrestling 61 in non Olympic years though. He is not the same guy at 125 (because his natural walk around is 150)

Sucks to lose him but not shocked he might want a change of scenery at this point, especially being from Arizona and wrestling for Mexico, especially with Gilman in Stillwater.

He wrestles for Mexico but I think he's staying down, otherwise he's butting heads with Austin Gomez. Can see him wrestling 61 in non Olympic years though. He is not the same guy at 125 (because his natural walk around is 150)

Sucks to lose him but not shocked he might want a change of scenery at this point, especially being from Arizona and wrestling for Mexico, especially with Gilman in Stillwater.
I wouldn't chalk it up to "change of scenery" -- RBY has said in the past that he improved the most while training with Gilman. Add Fix, and that's a better training partner setup than currently available at NLWC (though it might not be in a couple years).

Tap if you think he's a legend.

p8KO3y.gif

If RBY, anyone worried about Luke? He committed to us in part to train with Thomas and Roman, I’d wager…

Luke seems to really be enjoying working out with Nick Lee and Beau Bartlett. It’s also a double edged sword with people leaving, he gets the undivided attention of our coaches now as the 57 man.
This^^^^ to know you are the man going forward would be bigger IMO. Also, I’m sure there is a slight consideration of the actual university he is going to attend as well and like what he wants to become after wrestling lol 😂 maybe Im just old school?

Also I would not be remotely shocked if Luke went up 2 weight classes. His frame is identical to Bartlett and Lee if not a bit longer and he’s super young. He knows he’s not a career 125 as he was the one who pitched Desmond on coming to PSU.

This^^^^ to know you are the man going forward would be bigger IMO. Also, I’m sure there is a slight consideration of the actual university he is going to attend as well and like what he wants to become after wrestling lol 😂 maybe Im just old school?
Someone posted on HR that they talked to Andre Bartlett (Beau’s dad) who talks about how Cael asked Beau what do you want to do when wrestling inevitably ends for you and introduced him to several high up people in those professionals. He said Cael always says he’s a phone call away as well. Ended by saying Beau had doubts early on about his wrestling potential (Beau confirmed the same saying going 149 almost made him quit) but he never would have left PSU.

Someone posted on HR that they talked to Andre Bartlett (Beau’s dad) who talks about how Cael asked Beau what do you want to do when wrestling inevitably ends for you and introduced him to several high up people in those professionals. He said Cael always says he’s a phone call away as well. Ended by saying Beau had doubts early on about his wrestling potential (Beau confirmed the same saying going 149 almost made him quit) but he never would have left PSU.
This is entirely believable, except for the "posted on HR" part.

PSU Athletics has always been about setting up for life after sports, and Cael fits in perfectly with that mindset.

Good luck to RBY!

My take..interesting and a little sad watching one of our own leave. That being said, these senior guys need to do what they feel is best.

That being said..I’m not going to be happy if MagicMan starts getting any of our starters to transfer. It’s bound to happen, and it’s going to feel like a stab in the back

Good luck to RBY!

My take..interesting and a little sad watching one of our own leave. That being said, these senior guys need to do what they feel is best.

That being said..I’m not going to be happy if MagicMan starts getting any of our starters to transfer. It’s bound to happen, and it’s going to feel like a stab in the back
I think we’ll see it start to accelerate. DT has walked on egg shells up until this point so there’s been no point of contention. That’s over now. I’d assume DTs bridges are a smoldering pile of ash by this morning… which is honestly a great thing for both PSU and OSU. The rivalry can finally begin and DT can go all in as a Cowboy

Reactions: vhsalum
Cael is still Cael and DT is still DT. Cael has built something special in the heartland of high school wrestling. OSU may pull a few a studs but Cael will continue to get what he needs. Now if Casey jumped ship that is would be worse IMHO. Yinz are getting closer though.

Cael is still Cael and DT is still DT. Cael has built something special in the heartland of high school wrestling. OSU may pull a few a studs but Cael will continue to get what he needs. Now if Casey jumped ship that is would be worse IMHO. Yinz are getting closer though.
They are getting closer. Down the road I expect they might even appear in the mirror.

I think we’ll see it start to accelerate. DT has walked on egg shells up until this point so there’s been no point of contention. That’s over now. I’d assume DTs bridges are a smoldering pile of ash by this morning… which is honestly a great thing for both PSU and OSU. The rivalry can finally begin and DT can go all in as a Cowboy
Maybe publicly, but this is not at all what has been portrayed by insiders. Bridges were burned long before today.

Completely agree until proven otherwise. That doesn’t mean that DT isn’t the next guy
Maybe publicly, but this is not at all what has been portrayed by insiders. Bridges were burned long before today.
ive heard those stories but it’s mostly chalked up to Cael not getting exactly what he wants. This is a real reason

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT