ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAME THREAD: Penn State versus Maryland

Easy throw with Dotson having inside position and moving toward center of field. That pass was beyond bad.... even a half-way decent pass, that's 6.

So, B10 refs can call holding. Who knew?

I am baffled by the "holding" call against Maryland's #78. I've replayed it several times on my DVR and I cannot see a hint of holding. He gets in Tarburton's path, gets run over by Nick, and then gets called for holding as both fall to the ground. If that call had been against us this board would be going ballistic.

There has been a lot of holding in this game, but that was a B1G Crew special.

Oh gee, look another "lucky break" for PSU - MD's Offense throws a Pick-6.... [insert eyeroll].

I am baffled by the "holding" call against Maryland's #78. I've replayed it several times on my DVR and I cannot see a hint of holding. He gets in Tarburton's path, gets run over by Nick, and then gets called for holding as both fall to the ground. If that call had been against us this board would be going ballistic.

There has been a lot of holding in this game, but that was a B1G Crew special.

He grabbed Tarburton's jersey and pulled him down on top of himself as he's going down - it's quite obvious and quite illegal.

Bowl eligible and no losing record season this year. Finished strong. Monkey is off the back.

• Haha
Reactions: lknwake
He grabbed Tarburton's jersey and pulled him down on top of himself as he's going down - it's quite obvious and quite illegal.

No way. I watched it again.

Take off your blue and white glasses. There is no way Tarburton's momentum was going to switch direction, and 78 just fell backwards. He was more like an obstacle than a blocker leading with his upper body.

Baffled by the announcers repeated claims that MD threw the game away and probably should have won???? PSU outgained MD 458 yards to 419 yards. More importantly, PSU averaged 5.8 YPP (458 yards on 79 plays) - MD averaged 4.9 YPP (419 yards on 85 plays). For all the talk about MD stopping PSU's running game, PSU's run defense stuffed MD's running game far worse - PSU had 93 rushing yards on 33 rushes (2.8 yards per rush). MD had 48 rushing yards on 27 rushing attempts (1.8 yards per rush). PSU won the TO battle 2-0 with one going for a defensive TD. PSU won every phase of the game including the scoreboard, so no idea what the announcers are talking about in regards to MD outplaying PSU in any phase of the game.

Reactions: fkkkjm
Baffled by the announcers repeated claims that MD threw the game away and probably should have won???? PSU outgained MD 458 yards to 419 yards. More importantly, PSU averaged 5.8 YPP (458 yards on 79 plays) - MD averaged 4.9 YPP (419 yards on 85 plays). For all the talk about MD stopping PSU's running game, PSU's run defense stuffed MD's running game far worse - PSU had 93 rushing yards on 33 rushes (2.8 yards per rush). MD had 48 rushing yards on 27 rushing attempts (1.8 yards per rush). PSU won the TO battle 2-0 with one going for a defensive TD. PSU won every phase of the game including the scoreboard, so no idea what the announcers are talking about in regards to MD outplaying PSU in any phase of the game.
I didn't hear them say that. They talked about missed opportunities like the fumbled snap and the pick 6. I also remember a big play for Maryland called back on a holding penalty and we got away with R. Walker's hit OOB that could have led to a MD score. I thought they were fair.

Reactions: Lion Lineage
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT