ADVERTISEMENT

Haines vs Teemer

jschrantz

Jan 20, 2004
How do they matchup style wise? Have they ever met ? How do you guys see it going? Interesting matchup imo , give me Haines 5-2, Teemer seems long and better at freestyle , hoping Haines can control ties and ride strong to a natty daddy

Teemer is sneaky. That's his best attribute. He is similar to that guy from Mizzou who Zain beat in the final that one year. Tries to lull you to sleep then maybe fire one off. Relies on defense from distance and has a kind of unique "feel" to him, so it might take Levi a minute or two to get him down. Then again it might not. He is no match for Levi in close so get ready for him to try and do his best Hidlay impression vs Brooks. Once Levi gets engaged with him, then it's a major advantage for Levi.

Basically if Levi wrestles his match and controls the ties, and finishes, he wins. The key is for Levi to go out and be himself. Last year he ran into a freak who was able to horse him around and avoid mat wrestling in O'Connor, and that's the only kind of guy who is going to be able to beat Levi. Teemer is not that guy. Teemer wants to duck and dodge and Levi needs to get on his neck and his arms and pound away, then hit his shot and finish.

Be yourself and Haines wins solidly. Dance around with him and then it gets dicey. The kid who beat Shapiro did WAY too much of that against Jacori and wrestled incredibly stupid. Teemer was taken into deep waters earlier. Shapiro was the clear guy who could have the best shot against Levi. None of this matters if Levi comes out and wrestles his match.

Last edited:
Teemer is super-athletic. Be prepared for him to back up the entire bout and try and sneak one in on Levi. He’s dangerous. Prediction: the board will blow up with “He’s stalling!” calls.
Pretty close to what I said. Good stuff Brian, you know your wrestling. I'm guessing you are a former wrestler as am I...

And if Levi engages him and fires a few shots he will get a couple calls. But if you just dance and don't get physical they won't call it. Hidlay gets away with it because he does just enough actual wrestling to let it slide. I don't think Teemer has that element in as much of a way as Hidlay but why take the chance? Get inside, tie him up, hammer the head, and midway through the 2nd it pays dividends. That's my match plan here. I have a totally different match plan for Beau tonight though...

As far as Beau goes, my plan is to force Mendez to wrestle DEFENSIVELY instead of aggressively. You have to put him on his heels a little bit even if it means going down 3-1 at the end of the first. Make him do things he isn't used to. If you can make him think too much out there then you'll win this match in the second and third. This is also how Cenzo beat Imar both times.

I would assume that every opponent has been well scouted and a strategy developed for every match tonight.

Reactions: mcpat
Oddly enough in interviews Beau has said he doesn't watch film and doesn't game plan too much. He just wrestles. I hope he listens to the coaches for tonight's match.

Oddly enough in interviews Beau has said he doesn't watch film and doesn't game plan too much. He just wrestles. I hope he listens to the coaches for tonight's match.
Yep. Just go out there and let it fly.

Whatever you do, just make sure it's a Beau thing. That crap two weeks ago wasn't a Beau thing... getting drawn out until he had to feel like making an attack to avoid a stall point in the third played right into that reattack.

This time when the match goes into deep waters, make Mendez be the one who has to show his hand.

Teemer is super-athletic. Be prepared for him to back up the entire bout and try and sneak one in on Levi. He’s dangerous. Prediction: the board will blow up with “He’s stalling!” calls.
Teemer looks huge compared to Levi.

He's always fresh. Hawaiian Punch man is always 😎 COOL
Let me say : I love to read your analysis, thank you! So well written, for us passionate fans but not knowledgeable on the sport, nothing is worst than the ego children trashing talking teams,. Please keep it coming!

Let me say : I love to read your analysis, thank you! So well written, for us passionate fans but not knowledgeable on the sport, nothing is worst than the ego children trashing talking teams,. Please keep it coming!
Thank you amigo! I am the "anti jefe" of the board: I am a former wrestler, I don't pretend to know it all, I am not a conceded a$$hole, I don't pretend to own the board, I don't need dozens of lemmings to fight my battles, and I give zero f#$ks what people think about my takes.

Reactions: 1Hammers1
Of course I like Levi to win, but Teemer does have a dangerous double and Andonian took Levi down with a double yesterday. Something to keep an eye on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT