ADVERTISEMENT

I was informed that we use NIL to keep players, why did 4 opt out?

This is why I don't pay good money to attend bowl games. It's a shame watching some of these bowl.games.. Ohio State didn't look like the same team and Old Miss is carving up our defense. Also did you see the dirty hit on Abdul Carter? Lane Kiffin will be exposed sooner than later.

You have no idea what James Franklin does or doesn’t do, but keep creating your own reality.
Well, he has on more than one occasion made statements regarding advising kids to skip bowls and to go pro early to protect their “draft status”. Right or not? Does this promote the concept of the team or the individual?

Well, he has on more than one occasion made statements regarding advising kids to skip bowls and to go pro early to protect their “draft status”. Right or not? Does this promote the concept of the team or the individual?
Joe told players to go pro after their junior year also kijana Carter. Joe told him he had nothing else to prove go get paid.

Joe told players to go pro after their junior year also kijana Carter. Joe told him he had nothing else to prove go get paid.
Show me a Kijana Carter player on a Franklin roster. A sure fire top 5 pick. This was the exception to the rule under Paterno. It wasn’t the rule.

Show me a Kijana Carter player on a Franklin roster. A sure fire top 5 pick. This was the exception to the rule under Paterno. It wasn’t the rule.
Joe wasn't going 12-0 in 1995. He advised accordingly. He had the best team in the nation in 1994 and even if he was voted out of it, the entire college football world knew it.

Danny Sheridan was asked how he would have handicapped a PSU vs Nebraska championship game and he said Penn State would be 13 point favorites and the over under around 60.

Reactions: dswartz and hoflane
Point is Joe looked out for his players. If they could get paid he didn't hold them back. That is what a good coach does. Every play could be a career ender. Why take a chance on losing money on a exhibition game?

Point is Joe looked out for his players. If they could get paid he didn't hold them back. That is what a good coach does. Every play could be a career ender. Why take a chance on losing money on a exhibition game?
That's not it. His players, ALL HIS PLAYERS, leave a year early, EVERY YEAR.

• Haha
Reactions: dswartz and hoflane
Point is Joe looked out for his players. If they could get paid he didn't hold them back. That is what a good coach does. Every play could be a career ender. Why take a chance on losing money on an exhibition game?
Okay, first I agree with the beginning part of your post. Second, Joe probably never encouraged any player to sit out a bowl game. They weren’t exhibitions during his time. There was a whole lot of pride involved in winning the bowl game you played in. Now, I understand it’s different now, but I completely disagree with the amount of money being thrown at these kids while they are still in school. I, personally, wouldn’t want any of these “opt-out” players on my team. I don’t care for the individual mentality. That’s just me though and I don’t speak for everyone. I speak for myself.

Otherwise, same risk of playing in a bowl as in a regular season game right?

Statistically speaking, I would say it is probably very little different.

The big thing is just that it's commonplace now. The trend will eventually hit November games. The increase in the playoff teams might stave it off a little longer.

"my heart hurts"

So much that I left my teammates out to dry with their dicks in the wind and a 4-5 record.

Yes that's right, you too Micah, "mr Penn State" lmao

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
And I’m sure he was referring to specific players, not every player. The only one I ever heard him come out and say he specifically told that to was Barkley…and why wouldn’t he tell him that? And guess what, Barkley still played in the bowl. These guys have minds of their own as much as you don’t want to realize that.

Reactions: dswartz
WTF are you even talking about? My God... your schtick is so ****ing old. Go find a new team to root for...
"Gold member," 😂
I will bet you 1000 dollars I've given 5 times as much to our NIL as you, fool.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT