ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs Nebraska

Typical Cowboys fan response, including the indirect admission of not knowing any players.
My bro plays that test of knowledge with Yankee fans all the time.

“Name one player on the team other than Jeter . . . “

Now “Name one player on the team other than Judge . . .”

Reactions: NittanyLion84
Typical Cowboys fan response, including the indirect admission of not knowing any players.
Dak Prescott, Tony Pollard, Ezekiel Elliott, CeeDee Lamb, Michale Gallup, TY Hilton, Noah Brown, Dalton Schultz, Jake Ferguson, Tyler Smith, Zach Martin, Tyler Biadasz, Tyron Smith, Connor McGovern, Micah Parsons, Demarcus Lawrence, Carlos Watkins, Jonathan Hankins, Leighton Vander Esch, Anthony Barr, Luke Gifford, Daron Bland, Trevon Diggs, Donovan Wilson, Jayvon Kearse, Malik Hooker, Xavier Rhodes. Is that enough from memory?

Reactions: mcpat
I’m not pissed. I’m just trying to understand how other people’s life being worse makes your life better.

You are *obviously* pissed. You are calling people sad and asking if it makes life better *on a wrestling message board*. Your feelings are hurt by people making fun of the laundry you root for, after completely randomly jumping in and crowing about how good they were going to do. Just log off for a bit, it will help.

Reactions: WexfordWarrior
Not nearly as sad as the "life" of Cowboys fans who aren't from North Texas or Oklahoma, or who don't know any of the players.

It's like Americans who pick a foreign country to root for in the World Cup.
tenor.gif

Reactions: danoftw
Dak Prescott, Tony Pollard, Ezekiel Elliott, CeeDee Lamb, Michale Gallup, TY Hilton, Noah Brown, Dalton Schultz, Jake Ferguson, Tyler Smith, Zach Martin, Tyler Biadasz, Tyron Smith, Connor McGovern, Micah Parsons, Demarcus Lawrence, Carlos Watkins, Jonathan Hankins, Leighton Vander Esch, Anthony Barr, Luke Gifford, Daron Bland, Trevon Diggs, Donovan Wilson, Jayvon Kearse, Malik Hooker, Xavier Rhodes. Is that enough from memory?
Congratulations, you can list players.

And you know that's not what I meant. You actually know any of them?

That would be a legit reason to root for them.

You are *obviously* pissed. You are calling people sad and asking if it makes life better *on a wrestling message board*. Your feelings are hurt by people making fun of the laundry you root for, after completely randomly jumping in and crowing about how good they were going to do. Just log off for a bit, it will help.
You get enjoyment from a team losing that has been irrelevant for 27 years. I’m trying to understand. And then you don’t have an answer so you tell me my feelings are hurt and I should log off?

You get enjoyment from a team losing that has been irrelevant for 27 years. I’m trying to understand. And then you don’t have an answer so you tell me my feelings are hurt and I should log off?

Definitely not mad, obviously.

Looking for a real answer? I've cracked the code to enjoying sports. I take enjoyment when my teams win. I don't care when my teams lose, other than feeling bad for the individuals themselves. I don't take any of it seriously enough to try to prove my bonafides by *actually taking the time to list players when challenged on my sports fandom*, which is the saddest thing I've seen on the internet all year.

No, the sadness of the Cowboys fans doesn't change my life one iota. Tweaking cocky fans after they lose and watching them spin off the deep end? Yeah, that's fun.

Remember when cowboys fans thought they were going to the nfc championship because they won a playoff game against a team with a losing record? I do.

Reactions: danoftw

Looking for a real answer? I've cracked the code to enjoying sports. I take enjoyment when my teams win. I don't care when my teams lose, other than feeling bad for the individuals themselves. I don't take any of it seriously enough to try to prove my bonafides by *actually taking the time to list players when challenged on my sports fandom*, which is the saddest thing I've seen on the internet all year.

No, the sadness of the Cowboys fans doesn't change my life one iota. Tweaking cocky fans after they lose and watching them spin off the deep end? Yeah, that's fun.
Thanks for the explanation. I’m a little surprised listing football players is the saddest thing you have seen on the internet.

• Haha
Reactions: PSUer1989 and mcpat
Micah Parsons
One of the bigger PSU Wrestling fans out there!
giphy.gif

Great post.

I am starting to really worry about Ai. As the big meet approaches the forum rhetoric is heating up. While enjoying my mandatory reading I started thinking about Narcissistic behavior. Sure enough the daily feeds started showing up concerning the ailment by just thinking about it. Now I'm concerned but like HR I've talked myself there must be some kind of spectrum...

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
Yes. Or what other affiliation do you have with the Cowboys?
I don’t know any players personally, which I imagine most NFL fans don’t. I became a Cowboys fan in the early 80’s when I was about 7 or 8, because most of the kids in my neighborhood were Steelers fans based on their 4 titles in the late 70’s. I went opposite. I assume most people who live in a state with no professional teams just gravitate towards a team at a young age.

Last edited:
I don’t know any players personally, which I imagine most NFL fans don’t. I become a Cowboys fan in the early 80’s when I was about 7 or 8, because most of the kids in my neighborhood were Steelers fans based on their 4 titles in the late 70’s. I went opposite. I assume most people who live in a state with no professional teams just gravitate towards a team at a young age.
I liked the Raiders and Nebraska football, Ne wrestling, not so much. Liked Iowa in the Gabel years.

I don’t know any players personally, which I imagine most NFL fans don’t. I became a Cowboys fan in the early 80’s when I was about 7 or 8, because most of the kids in my neighborhood were Steelers fans based on their 4 titles in the late 70’s. I went opposite. I assume most people who live in a state with no professional teams just gravitate towards a team at a young age.
I don't personally know any Steelers, yet I am a fan.
I don't personally know any Pens, yet I am a fan.
I don't know any Pirates, and I could care less about baseball.
I don't think anyone should have to justify what sports teams they root for.

P.S. I know some Notre Dame, tOSU, and UM fans, and I'm just glad I'm not one.

By proximity I should be a Steeler fan but my uncle was a Cowboy fan, so naturally I became a Redskins fan.

In musical equivalence, this is like my boy @jmadden1998 saying he got into Offspring when he heard The Offspring’s Self Esteem. I got no problems with that. But if he started digging them when he heard Pretty Fly for a White Guy, well then we got to check his man card.

• Haha
Reactions: jmadden1998
Not nearly as sad as the "life" of Cowboys fans who aren't from North Texas or Oklahoma, or who don't know any of the players.

Or a Welshman who roots for the US after Wales gets knocked out!

I don't personally know any Steelers, yet I am a fan.
I don't personally know any Pens, yet I am a fan.
I don't know any Pirates, and I could care less about baseball.
I don't think anyone should have to justify what sports teams they root for.

P.S. I know some Notre Dame, tOSU, and UM fans, and I'm just glad I'm not one.
I have never met any PSU wrestlers or tried to discover anything about their private lives. Hopefully I don’t have to turn in my fan card.

I do live close enough to Bo Nickal’s HS that it’s entirely possible I have crossed paths with him or his parents in a grocery store a time or two over the years.

Reactions: hlstone
Not me - I grew up in central Pa and was a Viking and Cowboys fan... I liked the Purple People Eaters and beating up the Rams in the snow... Refused to jump on the Steeler bandwagon in the 70's. Moved to Dallas in '81 and it took 5 weeks to become a Steeler fan and have Dallas drop to the bottom... the fandom, media, and BS hype was too much to take. Was great to root for the team closest to where I grew up and one Dallas rarely beat (to include that year's Mon night game). BTW - while there it was interesting reading about the Pony Express dynasty and everyone out to get them - which eventually happened.

In musical equivalence, this is like my boy @jmadden1998 saying he got into Offspring when he heard The Offspring’s Self Esteem. I got no problems with that. But if he started digging them when he heard Pretty Fly for a White Guy, well then we got to check his man card.
LOL! I actually remember rocking out to Self Esteem in my 1991 Eagle Talon.

I root for the team with the prettiest fans wearing the least amount of clothing. When I figure out which one that is, I never feel sad.

Reactions: hlstone and El-Jefe
No, the Cowboys lost again. That makes the majority of the football fandom happy.
You however, appear to be sad and bitter about the game. Why?
I’m not happy they lost. The Bills choked more than the Cowboys but I don’t see every media outlet or social media site celebrating this. Why?

I’m not happy they lost. The Bills choked more than the Cowboys but I don’t see every media outlet or social media site celebrating this. Why?
Probably for the same reason you don't see every media outlet or social media singing the praises of the Cowboys from early June until 2 weeks after it is official the Cowboys won't win the Super Bowl, again.

Oh, and losing to last year's AFC conference champion which have won 10 in a row is hardly a choke.

Reactions: js8793
Probably for the same reason you don't see every media outlet or social media singing the praises of the Cowboys from early June until 2 weeks after it is official the Cowboys won't win the Super Bowl, again.

Oh, and losing to last year's AFC conference champion which have won 10 in a row is hardly a choke.
shocked at how many people keep looking past the bengals. they've played better football than anybody since midseason. second best qb, two solid rbs, best receiving corp, a decent tight end, line playing competently and imo the best d-coordinator in football leading a veteran filled unit. big lou was cooking last weekend.

Possibly because of Hamlin's on-field heart attack -- that celebrating their loss would be in extremely poor taste?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT